Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Confirmed: Robert Mathis out for season with torn Achilles (merge)

Indeee

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If true could be interesting to see if it means he's done as a Colt, correct me if I'm wrong as this wasn't during "official" football activities can't the Colts waive his salary this year by putting him on non-football IR?

Would mean having to find a replacement, probably not this season but next and I can't see us doing it in the draft easily so FA shopping time. Any good candidates who are FAs next season?

Hear me out. It doesn't help us much this season, but to be honest, I don't think we were ready to win a championship this year anyhow. I think next year could be our year. But what this does, is force the Colts defense to find ways to create pressure without a star the same way the Packers had to develop a running game when they were missing Rodgers last year.

Plus this will go to show the front office how much pass rush needs to be addressed next offseason if we can't generate any with Mathis gone. And I'm willing to bet Mathis is one of those guys who can come back strong from an injury.