Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Confirmed: Robert Mathis out for season with torn Achilles (merge)

Indeee

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Major over reaction here. Mathis is great but he was suspended 4 games - I assume everyone who says we're done had us going 0-4 right?

Or is this based on last nights game? Need I remind you that the broncos have one of the better o lines in the league and a Qb that gets rid of the ball ultra fast and destroys blitzes. Let's see what happens as far as pressure in the next couple of games before we end the year.

Actually I had us 2-2 after first 4 games.

without pass rush...Luck can't outdo everything. We mey end up around 8-8 at the end of regular season.

Grigson and the coaching staff must have massive headache.

Reggie Wayne's injury was supposed to be a blessing in disguise too

But Andrew still forces passes his way instead of looking at other targets like he was forced to do last year when Wayne went down

If someone gets me 9 for 98 first game back from an ACL tear I would go that way too

This is fricking horrible.

The season is not over, but our superbowl run is.

It sucks that injuries have really kept us from cashing in during Luck's rookie deal.

Maybe next year...

Our Superbowl chances are not over as long as we have Luck.

This is the kind of crap that happens more frequently than many of us realize. Players working out on their own accord, without the supervision of the training staff, and they get hurt. 

This will have tremendous impact come postseason. People are talking about replacement options. Think again. You don't replace a Robert Mathis, not when the season has already started. 

Brandon Jenkins is still out there...I remember the Colts were supposed to be bringing him in for a look.....Never hear d what happened with that...Probably isn't healthy, Shaquil Barrett is on the Broncos PS......Maybe we can swindle Jerry Hughes back?...Yeah wont happen :funny: ......In other news Kelvin Sheppard is a Dolphin now. Rookie OLB Howard Jones is on the Steelers PS.

Is Richard Dent available?  :)

I wake up from a nap to all sorts of breaking news....

Seriously.....Manusky has to get ready and get more creative....McNary, Muamba, Stud-abaker

We have to bring it from every angle!

Man it seems to be a bad year in Mid America for the Achilles.....see KC.

Werner couldn't even get in his area code. The guys just gets easily handled the vast majority of the time.

Then you and I watched a different game.  Sorry you that think a player should hit the QB every play.  Maybe you should watch more games.  Yeah, it just doesn't happen like that.

Is Richard Dent available? :)

I wake up from a nap to all sorts of breaking news....

Seriously.....Manusky has to get ready and get more creative....McNary, Muamba, Stud-abaker

We have to bring it from every angle!

Man it seems to be a bad year in Mid America for the Achilles.....see KC.

I heard Michael Strahan is willing to trade the subway commercials for another shot in the NFL

Brandon Jenkins is still out there...I remember the Colts were supposed to be bringing him in for a look.....Never hear d what happened with that...Probably isn't healthy, Shaquil Barrett is on the Broncos PS......Maybe we can swindle Jerry Hughes back?...Yeah wont happen :funny: ......In other news Kelvin Sheppard is a Dolphin now. Rookie OLB Howard Jones is on the Steelers PS.

We should have never traded Hughes even if we had gotten someone of value for him.  This is where is could step in and contribute.

Next man up. We made the playoffs last year without Reggie and Allen and Ballard and Bradshaw...while he is arguably our biggest playmaker on defense we can still be very competitive...evident by last nights game. We played perhaps the best or second best team in our conference and almost won...why can't we survive this? It sucks...it really does but I don't think over-reacting or reaching for a guy on the trading block is the thing to do. We need our picks to draft a pass rusher and some OL...so lets not start mortgaging our future.

Then you and I watched a different game.  Sorry you that think a player should hit the QB every play.  Maybe you should watch more games.  Yeah, it just doesn't happen like that.

Let's be real, Werner is no Mathis.  Pam Oliver will get closer to more QB this year that Werner will...

We should have never traded Hughes even if we had gotten someone of value for him.  This is where is could step in and contribute.

I hate to say but that trade is kinda biting us in the butt...however hindsight is always 20/20. I was hoping we would have cut Freeney a couple years ago saving the salary...thus could have given him more playing time but sometimes it just takes a change of scenery or coaching to get something out of a guy...he may never had worked out for us. Perhaps we sign Michael Sams off Dallas's practice squad?........ok but honestly somebody like him wouldn't be bad to be grooming to replace Mathis...whether its now or next year I worry about Mathis's future....ACL on 34 yr old pass rushers....that rely on speed and angles...thats a toughie to overcome!