Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

we didn't get blown out (Colts @ Broncos)

Stephen

I will say Richardson played his butt off tonight. Bradshaw was good too. Very optimistic on those two.

Fleener wasn't very good, and Allen didn't do well til later then turned it on.

Thank God Wayne in ok!

Hilton needs to sleep with a football in his hands again.

Castanzo and Cherilus were great all night.

I wish we would've done more screens and QB rollouts.

I will say Richardson played his butt off tonight. Bradshaw was good too. Very optimistic on those two.

Fleener wasn't very good, and Allen didn't do well til later then turned it on.

Thank God Wayne in ok!

Hilton needs to sleep with a football in his hands again.

Castanzo and Cherilus were great all night.

I wish we would've done more screens and QB rollouts.

I don't think we used our personnel in the best way tonight in the passing game.  We should have gotten Nicks much more involved in the game.  Also I think we went away from the running game too fast.  Trent was making good gains out there.  I'm very optimistic about our defense, to shut those guys down in the second half like we did still not being able to generate much of a pass rush leaves me feeling pretty good about what things will look like when Mathis gets back and Newsome gets some more experience.  I think our run defense is going to be up there with the best of them as long as everyone is healthy.

I don't think we used our personnel in the best way tonight in the passing game.  We should have gotten Nicks much more involved in the game.  Also I think we went away from the running game too fast.  Trent was making good gains out there.  I'm very optimistic about our defense, to shut those guys down in the second half like we did still not being able to generate much of a pass rush leaves me feeling pretty good about what things will look like when Mathis gets back and Newsome gets some more experience.  I think our run defense is going to be up there with the best of them as long as everyone is healthy.

I agree could of ran a little more on the last series the defense for the broncos was tired was plenty of time left

Not nearly as bad as it could have been. When we couldnt get pressure on Manning though, that put our D in a tough spot. You give that guy 5-7 seconds to throw and he's gonna shred any defense. Unless they some really really special secondary. To hold em to 31 when it looked like they were gonna get 30 before the half, I'll take it. On offense it seems were back to our same trend.. slow starts. I think Pep is trying to run an offense here that were just not built and equipped to run. And I hate to say it but if he keeps it up, were gonna struggle. Realying on having a whole bunch of comeback wins like last year isnt gonna cut it and come playoffs if we make it there, it will bite us. We need to go pass first and then try and run the ball some off that. Get the defense stretched out a little.

Not nearly as bad as it could have been. When we couldnt get pressure on Manning though, that put our D in a tough spot. You give that guy 5-7 seconds to throw and he's gonna shred any defense. Unless they some really really special secondary. To hold em to 31 when it looked like they were gonna get 30 before the half, I'll take it. On offense it seems were back to our same trend.. slow starts. I think Pep is trying to run an offense here that were just not built and equipped to run. And I hate to say it but if he keeps it up, were gonna struggle. Realying on having a whole bunch of comeback wins like last year isnt gonna cut it and come playoffs if we make it there, it will bite us. We need to go pass first and then try and run the ball some off that. Get the defense stretched out a little.

AMEN!! Won't happen though if history is any indication

It was a blow out in the 1st half, we came back mainly because Denver went into prevent defense. It was a good comeback but you can't consistently win like this starting off slow. Eventually, it's going to catch up and it did tonight.

They didn't play prevent at all in the game