Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

LaVon Brazill suspended for 1 year.

The Fish

As an addendum to my previous list.

Brazill did not swim naked in the broad ripple canal with a BAC double the legal limit to drive either.

McAfee took his medicine, and hasn't been in trouble since.

It's also irrelevant what his BAC was, because he wasn't driving.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brazill just wasn`t a football junkie. Said he never watched it growing up. Not uncommon for so many i understand.

Do you still  wonder why he could only run maybe 3 routes of the tree? lol  

Hopefully his body is healthy and he doesn`t make the news in a bad way someday.

Plenty more we he came from.

Please don't start about Indiana Players who don't want to play the sport they're in.

LaVon Brazill could say that he hated Andrew Luck and that Chuck Pagano was a girl and I would still like him more than Andrew Bynum.

We are also debating the talent of a #6 Wide Receiver. 

LaVon Brazill is marginally better than Griff Whalen- and much better than Blair White. He's no Reggie Wayne and he never will be.

I think Whalen has the talent to be a legit #3 receiver on many other teams, just not the Colts given the talent in front of him. But that can change with injuries.

I think Whalen has the talent to be a legit #3 receiver on many other teams, just not the Colts given the talent in front of him. But that can change with injuries.

Maybe on the Panthers. 

Whalen is just not as good as most Colts fans seem to think he is. I get he's from Stanford and I get he played with Luck forever, and chemistry like that helps a lot. However, Whalen is a #4-#5 tops based on the film I've seen on him. 

To be honest guys, of ALL the people that could have gotten suspended, Lavon is probably the least of an issue.

This actually makes the decision of which receivers to keep so much easier. Congrats DaRick and Griffer!

And we can focus on developing chemistry with Luck and the receivers that will be on the roster, rather than trying to decide between the last 2 receivers on the team.

Yes, very stupid on Brazil's part and deserves what he got. The problem I have is that it is a very stupid and outdated rule. It is wrong to have such a rule against smoking mary jane by the NFL. Is there a rule against drinking alcohol? What would fans think about a rule that if you have drank any alcohol in the last month, then you are suspended for four games? What does any of this have anything to do with playing football? Alcohol is way worse than weed and yet it is not even called a drug. No weed, no alcohol.

Well, I wouldn't be drinking any alcohol.

That's such a difficult conclusion to reach.

To be honest guys, of ALL the people that could have gotten suspended, Lavon is probably the least of an issue.

This actually makes the decision of which receivers to keep so much easier. Congrats DaRick and Griffer!

And we can focus on developing chemistry with Luck and the receivers that will be on the roster, rather than trying to decide between the last 2 receivers on the team.

This says it all, I heard a Colts player was out for the year (not suspended, told out by a friend) and was afraid it could be anyone. I was actually as relieved as I could be for a player being out for the year when I heard it was Brazill. We lost a player at a position where we were going to cut someone out of 3 people anyway and Brazill was one of those people. The downside is that we can't trade a WR for a draft pick, but it happened at the best possible time before we had already possibly cut Rogers or Whalen and it turned out to be more of a disaster. Not a huge deal really for the Colts as a team. Just a little embarrassing for the organization that Brazill shed a negative light on us. Cut him and move on.

Well, no surprise.  I predicted he wouldn't make it all season without testing positive again on the ESPN site and was hammered for it, but heck, I WAS wrong.. he didn't even make it TO the season.   

It is one thing to fall off the wagon from an addictive drug.  That involves a physical and mental illness which often takes over a person to the point where they simply can NOT stop on their own.   The POT fans out there always insist it should be legal in PART because it is NOT addictive, nor has it been classified as such.  (I would question whether that may even be true due to the incidence of chronic use of chronic. For something that is not addictive, a lot of people throw their lives away over it and I wonder if the chemicals that are now regularly ADDED to it which make it all far more powerful than it once was are themselves addictive.. after all, does anyone thing drug dealers would hesitate to add chemicals which cause addiction to their products?).  If, in the end, it is NOT addictive, then it is a purely recreational decision.  And if someone is so selfish and irresponsible to choose recreation OVER their career, they aren't someone you want anyway.  I suggested that he should not be on the Colts team this year because he wouldn't make it through the season.  Now we don't know how many others may have first warnings under their belt already, but we knew he'd already had and served out a second.  That's already red flag enough not to count on him.  That would have been far riskier than trusting an oft injured player to not get hurt again.  People have had concerns with Rogers but as far as I am aware (and let me know if I am wrong) he hasn't had a second warning nor did he get in trouble last year did he?  He was a no brainer to keep.  Whalen was also a productive second possession receiver who gives us some back up insurance for Reggie.  So what we'd have is a mirrored (not as talented, but similar roles) for Reggie and Nicks.  We don't know a lot yet about Moncrief, but he's fast (and huge) but in a way he's our backup for TY.  (The closest we have anyway).  It all seems simple really.  Let's just hope there's no injuries in training camp because I am not sure who else would be able to step up so we'd be thin again with a major starter injury after starting off so rich with talent at WR.  

Potheads are bad for business.  ANY business.  Ask anyone who has owned or run one and dealt with the issue or anyone in social work who have tried to help people deal with the aftermath.   I hope Brazill gets help so he can have some level of success in football later, but doesn't a 4th strike mean life time ban currently? (I don't know, just asking?)  If it does, he's far to risky to sign in my view.  Sad waste of talent, but worse, sad waste of a life if he can't get it under control.  

I got love for LaVon but I think he should be cut... NOW!!  The Colts are STACKED at WR.   He was suspended for the first 4 games last yr.  I think he's very talented but, he can't help when hes not on the field.  It's a business, and that's just a fact you gotta except!  NEXT MAN UP.  Even when it comes to people like Robert Mathis (which is nonsense, but it is what it is) , we are truly building for a dynasty and there is no need for that type of behavior this team.  It's harsh but that life.

Well, I wouldn't be drinking any alcohol.

That's such a difficult conclusion to reach.

Someone had to be cut!  It sucks that it had to come down to this but we were way to talented at the WR position, and somebody had to go.  Unfortunately LaVon had a place (at least on ST) but theres no way we start the season with all the WR we have on the depth chart right now. 

Who is Moore?

Never mind. Got it. Just don't see it.....

Guys with Griff's game shouldn't be so inconsistent. If Moore shows up big he has a chance.

By the way, who thinks we cut Brazill? Are we even able to?

What was someone saying earlier today in another thread about the Colts having too many weapons? 

This is why you don't give away players who have skills just because you have a lot of talent because things happen. 

Brazil should be released when the Colts can do it.  He said it himself it was about picking between weed and money he picked weed. 

Maybe on the Panthers.

Whalen is just not as good as most Colts fans seem to think he is. I get he's from Stanford and I get he played with Luck forever, and chemistry like that helps a lot. However, Whalen is a #4-#5 tops based on the film I've seen on him.

Doesn't have to be as good as we make him seem, but he moves the chains so who cares?

Guys with Griff's game shouldn't be so inconsistent. If Moore shows up big he has a chance.

By the way, who thinks we cut Brazill? Are we even able to?

@pwilson24: #Colts WR LaVon Brazill is signed through 2015. Forfeits $570,000 in salary this season. It's a third offense. Yes, Colts could cut him.

As an addendum to my previous list.

Brazill did not swim naked in the broad ripple canal with a BAC double the legal limit to drive either.

I would agree with you that he's not as bad as most of the other people you put on your list but McAfee is not either.  Getting drunk and wasted doing something stupid because you are wasted is a far cry from the things Hernandez, Vick, Incognito, and so on did.  Doesn't mean McAfee wasn't dumb for what he did but he clearly learned from it and has made darn sure it didn't happen again and openly talks about how he has made sure he doesn't do it again to try to help other people.  So I wouldn't include McAfee or Brazill for that matter with the previous list. 

I'd also point out while McAfee learned from his mistake Brazill clearly did not.  I also don't think you would see people honestly saying the Colts should cut Brazill if there wasn't going to be a WR cut anyways.  I think for the most part the people saying he should be cut are viewing this as Brazill made the choice for the Colts in terms of which WR should be released. 

Yes, very stupid on Brazil's part and deserves what he got. The problem I have is that it is a very stupid and outdated rule. It is wrong to have such a rule against smoking mary jane by the NFL. Is there a rule against drinking alcohol? What would fans think about a rule that if you have drank any alcohol in the last month, then you are suspended for four games? What does any of this have anything to do with playing football? Alcohol is way worse than weed and yet it is not even called a drug. No weed, no alcohol.

Alcohol is addressed as well.  But until more states legal MJ for medicinal purposes, it will be tough to allow players to puff where and how they please.  Alcohol is a legal sustance and can be consumed, but not everywhere nor at any time or any amount.  Abuse of a legal substance is as bad as abuse of illegal substances, and thus rules on them as well.  Here's just a couple-

MiscAlcoholruleNFL_zpseb64cb64.png

Also this one...

AlkyRuleNFL_zps131f9976.png

If there's a silver lining to this it's that maybe someone like Moncrief will get more playing time if there are injuries (which there always are) to the other WRs. He's got some crazy athletic ability and I can't wait to see what he can do.

Doesn't have to be as good as we make him seem, but he moves the chains so who cares?

Blair White moved the chains. Austin Collie moved chains. Anthony Gonzalez moved the chains. Griff Whalen is the same player. Just because you get first downs doesn't make you a good player.

Blair White moved the chains. Austin Collie moved chains. Anthony Gonzalez moved the chains. Griff Whalen is the same player. Just because you get first downs doesn't make you a good player.

Of course it does

Just playing devil's advocate. This is not an addiction- if it were an addiction, he would've been on his third strike long before being in the league for two years. My more possible theory is that he was probably partying and drunk and someone offered him a joint. Mind you, I'm not in any way saying it wasn't his fault- he's still an * for doing this- and I'm not standing behind Brazill like I will stand behind Mathis and say that the punishment isn't crap coated in crap with a side of crap. The dude smoked weed, but some folks are talking like he shot three guys and a semi-pro football player or operated a dog-fighting ring, or sexually assaulted a woman, or bullied and harassed another guy in the locker room, or shot himself in the leg, or DUI manslaughter, or kidnapping.

Josh Gordon got the year ban for the same thing- guess what, he will be back with the Browns next year. Brazill should not be cut- especially when we are losing one and possibly two of our best WRs at season's end. 

(Aaron Hernandez, Michael Vick, Ben Roethlisberger, Incognito, Plaxico, Donte Stallworth, OJ Simpson in that order.)

What about driving around with bags of pain killers and large quantities of cash?