Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Da'Rick Rogers putting forth the effort

TKnight24

I honestly laugh at the casual NFL fans who still think Da'Rick is this enormous headcase. He was obviously immature in college, and let's face it.. the Bills are probably not ideal for the type of player. But he has changed. The Colts organization, the culture around, the role models (Reggie, Mathis) here is just what Da'Rick needed and still needs to take it to the next level. I am glad he's putting in the work and look forward to seeing him make more plays like these..

Colts-WR-DaRick-Rogers-amazing-catch-GIF

ColtsTD.gif

I honestly laugh at the casual NFL fans who still think Da'Rick is this enormous headcase. He was obviously immature in college, and let's face it.. the Bills are probably not ideal for the type of player. But he has changed. The Colts organization, the culture around, the role models (Reggie, Mathis) here is just what Da'Rick needed and still needs to take it to the next level. I am glad he's putting in the work and look forward to seeing him make more plays like these..

Quoted for truth. He has been a surprising pick up for us and there is so much potential there. I'm hoping for a great year for Da'Rick and more of those crazy catches and broken tackle TD runs. :)

I don't know what it is about this guy, I don't have a personal connection or have even followed his college career but.......

I really want to see him succeed. Not ONLY because he's a Colt & I'm a Colt fan but it would be nice to have someone

who was overlooked & cast aside because of some "issues" be able to overcome his own demons & turn it around.

His potential is well thought of. I would love to see him reach it & perhaps exceed it as a Colt.

Quoted for truth. He has been a surprising pick up for us and there is so much potential there. I'm hoping for a great year for Da'Rick and more of those crazy catches and broken tackle TD runs. :)

For whatever it's worth, unless one of the top three gets dinged up, there probably won't be enough touches for DR to have a "great" year.

I'm excited about his potential, happy to hear he seems to be showing signs of growing up, and hopeful that he'll use this next year to mature as a player. The team will need him once RW decides to hang up his cleats, and I hope he develops into something special by then.

Man i hope Rogers, Whalen and Brazill all make the roster and rotate in the 4th wide receiver spot, and then hopefully one or two of these guys emerges into a starter, Nicks goes back to how he played his first couple years and bing bang boom we will be set at wide reciever for years to come when Reggie retires.

Man i hope Rogers, Whalen and Brazill all make the roster and rotate in the 4th wide receiver spot, and then hopefully one or two of these guys emerges into a starter, Nicks goes back to how he played his first couple years and bing bang boom we will be set at wide reciever for years to come when Reggie retires.

Brazil is breaking out this yr just hope it's in a colt unitform

If Nicks goes back to playing how he did at the beginning of his career I'm not sure if he'll be on the team after this season. If he has a big season some team will pay him big money. Hopefully Rogers can have a breakout year so after this season he can just replace Nicks and move Brazill to #4.

If Rogers is really going to put in the work we have a great player on our hands.

It is one thing to say it he has been doing lip services since his day's at Tennessee the Vol's kicked him off the team Tenn Tech he showed more flashes and passed a lot of UA's. I don't think he ever tested dirty at Tech.  He can be a star if he wants to be. Let's hope he has decided he wants to be.

Good to hear. I've been saying for a long time Rogers is going to be a stud. He will probably have to wait a year to really break out with a 1,000 plus yard season, but he should see the field a lot next season anyway. After next year a WR corps of Rogers, Nicks, and Hilton would be unbelievable, with Whalen and Brazil as backups.

Rogers was the most physically gifted WR in last year's draft class -- we all did dumb things (at least most of us) when we were 19 years old -- we got a steal.

The thing is that some guys continue doing dumb things. Like Justin Blackmon. You promote a positive environment and try to give the guy support, but ultimately, his future is in his hands. I hope he continues to make good decisions, and if he does, he'll be a really good player. Would be awesome if he turns out to be for us what Josh Gordon has been for the Browns.

The thing is that some guys continue doing dumb things. Like Justin Blackmon. You promote a positive environment and try to give the guy support, but ultimately, his future is in his hands. I hope he continues to make good decisions, and if he does, he'll be a really good player. Would be awesome if he turns out to be for us what Josh Gordon has been for the Browns.

That is true -- I really respect Pagano and Grigs for giving guys a second chance -- there is no question that Da'Rick is a physical specimen and a great athlete -- as was noted earlier, I think it is a huge help we have guys like Reggie, Mathis, and Redding on our team to be mentors but I also think it is a huge help that Grigs and Pagano are willing to at least give people a second chance.  I think Da'Rick knew, Pagano made it pretty clear publicly, that he is on a short leash -- if he is willing to learn and grow and be a man I am positive we will see a very good football player in Indy for  years to come.

That is true -- I really respect Pagano and Grigs for giving guys a second chance -- there is no question that Da'Rick is a physical specimen and a great athlete -- as was noted earlier, I think it is a huge help we have guys like Reggie, Mathis, and Redding on our team to be mentors but I also think it is a huge help that Grigs and Pagano are willing to at least give people a second chance. I think Da'Rick knew, Pagano made it pretty clear publicly, that he is on a short leash -- if he is willing to learn and grow and be a man I am positive we will see a very good football player in Indy for years to come.

Having veterans & positive role models doesn't always mean that it'll work/help the person

Look at Joe Lefeged & John Boyett

They were on the Colts as well with the same opportunities to learn from the role models here in Indy and they blew it

Poor Bills. That was a mistake letting him go especially when they have a big need at receiver.

Actually it was probably the right decision for them.  In Indy we have strong locker room leadership that can deal with having an immature player and actually influence him to mature.  It also helps that one of the big leaders on the team plays at Da'Rick's position.  

The Bills locker room doesn't have the kind of leadership ours does and just isn't as stable.  Having the wrong kind of player in that environment can cause problems.

Some locker-rooms can deal with an immature player and influence him to grow up.  Other locker rooms can't.  The Bills probably would have loved to have his talent but their locker-room couldn't handle it.  Ours can.  

I think Whalen might be the odd man out.  I can't se the Colts taking 6 WRs on the active roster

I must be in a minority, but I like Whalen better than Brazil. 

He isn't as fast, but he can return kickoffs, and has great hands.  

Brazil returned more kick offs and was close in punt returns. Whalen returned more punts last year. I think Brazil just has a higher ceiling than Whalen. I also think we carry 6 WR and as long as we don't draft one they are all safe for another year. The only thing I could see happening is Brazil being part of a package to move in the draft.  

Brazil returned more kick offs and was close in punt returns. Whalen returned more punts last year. I think Brazil just has a higher ceiling than Whalen. I also think we carry 6 WR and as long as we don't draft one they are all safe for another year. The only thing I could see happening is Brazil being part of a package to move in the draft.  

I could see Brazill packaged on draft day, with a trade back. I like him, but we have other needs.

I have feared this for some time. I really think this is the year he shows his stuff. Historically for WR's it is year 3 but yeah we have other needs and not a lot of options to go about filling them.

I could see a team hungry at WR going for him like the Panthers. He has good speed good size good hands I think he will end up being a solid player given the opportunity.

It is  kind of lame you could see the game slowing down for him a little bit toward the end of last year and into the playoffs. He handles both PR and KR duties.

Don't think we would package Roger's unless he has been a total mess in OTA's his ceiling is just too high. We aren't getting anything back for Whalen. That would leave Brazil as the best piece to be moved in a draft day deal. It won't be long until we know the answers to all these questions.  

If we could combine Whalen's hands and route running with Brazil's speed we would have another TY Hilton.

I actually think Whalen is more useful for us right now then Brazil.  But Brazil has a higher ceiling if he could learn to run better routes.  

If we could combine Whalen's hands and route running with Brazil's speed we would have another TY Hilton.

I actually think Whalen is more useful for us right now then Brazil.  But Brazil has a higher ceiling if he could learn to run better routes.  

I agree about Brazil's ceiling being higher, but to me: Whalen > Brazil for right meow. 

Yes you are in the minority.  And I 100% agree with you.  I think Whalen has everything a team could want in a slot receiver; strong hands, great route running, understanding of the D and the ability to do something with the ball after he catches it.

I also don't buy the argument that Brazill has more potential or a higher ceiling.  The only thing Brazill has over Whalen is timed 40 speed.  And regardless of what many people think, a faster 40 time does not correlate at all to potential.  Depending on what the Colts do in the secondary, I don't think they will keep 6 WRs and I see Brazill being the odd man out.

Yes you are in the minority.  And I 100% agree with you.  I think Whalen has everything a team could want in a slot receiver; strong hands, great route running, understanding of the D and the ability to do something with the ball after he catches it.

I also don't buy the argument that Brazill has more potential or a higher ceiling.  The only thing Brazill has over Whalen is timed 40 speed.  And regardless of what many people think, a faster 40 time does not correlate at all to potential.  Depending on what the Colts do in the secondary, I don't think they will keep 6 WRs and I see Brazill being the odd man out.

And even the 40's were extremely close, 4.48 for Whalen, 4.43 for Brazill, Were not talking about a big difference here

Having veterans & positive role models doesn't always mean that it'll work/help the person

Look at Joe Lefeged & John Boyett

They were on the Colts as well with the same opportunities to learn from the role models here in Indy and they blew it

I agree -- however, acting swiftly and dropping the hammer down hard on that sends a message -- Grigs and Pagano will give you a chance to succeed -- if you mess it up after you get here you will be on a short leash, or that leash might be severed immediately. 

Rogers knew that when he signed, and Pagano stated it press conferences, and it is working out.  Obviously it isn't going to work for everyone, but it isn't like we are letting guys become locker room cancers if they mess up after they come in -- having our older veterans like Reggie, Mathis, Redding and newer high-class leader types (e.g., Luck, Castanzo) and having the leadership of Pagano makes it so these guys that don't man up when they arrive in Indy aren't going to fester around and break our team apart.