Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Gordy signs tender, Costa retires (won't get any money) [Merge]

HtownColt

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought that's what they had BEFORE signing Byrd and Bailey. 

And they're also going to have to give some of that to Graham (You know, that * canoe who wants north of 10 million per year, and then says he's shocked and disappointed when he team has to get rid of other good players to soothe his ridiculous contract demands)

Byrd was paid 6 years, 54 million, so they had more than $3 million. Right now, Graham is tagged as a TE, which is cheaper than what he wants($7.04 million).

Either Grigson has all the faith in the world in Holmes, or he's really scratching his head right now on why he didn't pursue another center.

You say that like Grigson knew this was coming. I'm sure if Costa would've done what DRC did & announce his retirement consideration, I'd bet my apple juice that Mr. Grigson would've signed someone else

By never playing a snap in a Colts uniform, Phil Costa becomes the best Center in the Grigson era.

The Grigson era?? :dunno: 2 years is an era?  One position out of 22 starting positions? He has brought in all but 8 players left from the team before he become the GM. Oh, woe is me :drama:

Satele could really be a possibility. Free Agent Centers left:

1. Jonathan Goodwin

2. Fernando Velasco

3. David Baas

4. Kyle Cook

5. Ryan Cook

6. Samson Satele

Satele could really be a possibility. Free Agent Centers left:

1. Jonathan Goodwin

2. Fernando Velasco

3. David Baas

4. Kyle Cook

5. Ryan Cook

6. Samson Satele

Only decent player left is Goodwin IMO.

Can never know what's going on in his head. So getting mad at him is unfair.

What happens now is that they either take a long look at Jonathan Goodwin and if they feel he's not the best option, it's off to the draft, where you have some decent options at center in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th round. 

You say that like Grigson knew this was coming. I'm sure if Costa would've done what DRC did & announce his retirement consideration, I'd bet my apple juice that Mr. Grigson would've signed someone else

But then what would the drama queens have to whine about? :dunno:  :mindblow:  :Yikes:

I feel like he just slapped the whole :colts: organization & the fan base in the face then walked off laughing

We could've signed De Le Puente or someone for that. At least they would've played a snap in our uniform

I really doubt there was any discussion between signing him or De Le Puente. 

Let's get over it and move on...

I really doubt there was any discussion between signing him or De Le Puente.

Let's get over it and move on...

I mean I'm fine with this, it's just it's so random. Like I thought someone was just devastated by the off-season blues so decided to make a thread that'd get a reaction out of the forum.

But to find out this is real is just so random imo

Can never know what's going on in his head. So getting mad at him is unfair.

What happens now is that they either take a long look at Jonathan Goodwin and if they feel he's not the best option, it's off to the draft, where you have some decent options at center in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th round.

I sincerely doubt the Colts are interested in a center that early even after this situation. We just drafted Holmes fairly early last year (4th) and all signs from this offseason pointed to him being our starter. So Costa's retirement means we need a backup, look for a late round pick or a FA.

Lance Louis is to me the X-factor if indeed healthy.  He has played mostly guard in his career and some right tackle.

He has also played center.  Can he back up...or possibly work his way to one?  I just want him to be healthy at this point, and fight for the right guard position, or the LG if Donald Thomas is not ready.   :blueshoe:  :blueshoe:  :blueshoe: !!!

Will Phil Costa go home for good?

Will Ryan Grigson ever get the :colts: offensive line together?

Will Andrew Luck spend his entire NFL career being placed behind bad offensive lines?

Will Trent Richardson ever make it out of the backfield without being hit?

Find out all this & more on the next episode of Dragonball Z!!!!!

:colts:

♫Shipley come back♫

♫Any kind of fool could see♫

♫There was something in everything about you♫

♫Shipley come back♫

♫You can blame it all on me♫

♫I was wrong and I just can't live without you♫.

♫Shipley come back♫

♫Any kind of fool could see♫

♫There was something in everything about you♫

♫Shipley come back♫

♫You can blame it all on me♫

♫I was wrong and I just can't live without you♫.

You deserve one of RG3's suckers for that!!!  :)