Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts and Davis Not Close to a Deal

Leaf

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he is not locked up long term that 2nd round trade will have been a pretty bad move...

Why? Worst case, we had a cheap, but very good CB for a couple years. Great trade no matter what happens.

Bottom line, someone is going to pay the man. If it isn't us, then we'll overpay someone else.

If he's wanting Revis money, as tough as it would be, I would have to let him test the market and see if some team would be willing to pay that. He's got great potential, but he's not Revis by any stretch.

If some team does pony up that kind of cash, wish him well in his endeavors and use that savings to sign someone like Mack and Arthur Jones to shore up the Dline some more, then draft Vontae's replacement

If he's wanting Revis money, as tough as it would be, I would have to let him test the market and see if some team would be willing to pay that. He's got great potential, but he's not Revis by any stretch.

If some team does pony up that kind of cash, wish him well in his endeavors and use that savings to sign someone like Mack and Arthur Jones to shore up the Dline some more, then draft Vontae's replacement

For $16M a year it wouldn't be that tough.

Why? Worst case, we had a cheap, but very good CB for a couple years. Great trade no matter what happens.

Bottom line, someone is going to pay the man. If it isn't us, then we'll overpay someone else.

Well, cause that 2nd rounder would still be under rookie contract, I guess I just want Vontae to stay a Colt...

yip at least he was good!

Let`s see, Ugoh, A Gonzalez, J Hughes, yes D Brown, Moala - we have known disappointment.

Thank goodness we have $$$ and options. Young and strong and comin' on!

True. Hope we can get something done though.

Completely agree. I just feel like if this contract is going to hurt us in the long run, we should put the money elsewhere, find cheaper options, and manufacture pressure on the QB. We could make mediocre talent look good was my point. I love what Davis brings to the table, but 10-12 a year is a bit high in my estimation.

I'm not saying that I wouldn't want Davis back, but if we can shore up our pass rush, we can hide a lot of flaws in the secondary.

I'd like Davis back....But I'd love seeing this forum have a meltdown once ya all are forced to realize just how valuable good Corners are regardless of how much pass rush ya have

If Grimes got 8 mil a year and he's 5 years older, i would think Vontae would want 8.5 to 9 mil a year. There's been reports out there that the Raiders have Vontae at the top of their FA list and they have a ton of cap space. If we don't pay him the Raiders will which is why i thought we should have signed him before any other free agent.

I really like Davis.. But if he's going to be outrageous I'll let him walk..

I would expect we 1st offered what Grimes got $8M per. Which i would LIKE! Which means his Agent & Vontae probably wouldn`t, certainly NOW.

Is Oakland a team that might offer at least $9M? I would bet we would match that # and he says   ---    Yes!

I really like him, but how good a corner can we get in the draft has to be a question. Chuck is the MAN for that job.