Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

High Profile FA

TheBlueAndWhite

Mack, he's the guy that I feel could really open up our power running game.

I don't think he'll end up in FA, but if I was gonna throw a bunch of money at one guy it would be him.

Trying to have a power running game without signficantly improving the interior of our line would be pointless

I reeeeealllly think we should let Toler bounce, and get Sam Shields. 

If we can't get Mack, then go after De Lapuente from the Saints and give Satele the boot. 

ozZru.gif

I agree 150% We could cut Toler, and sign Shields for about a million more a year than we would be paying Toler. I cant stand guys like Toler, Harvin and Gronk. Their always getting injured.

I reeeeealllly think we should let Toler bounce, and get Sam Shields. 

If we can't get Mack, then go after De Lapuente from the Saints and give Satele the boot. 

ozZru.gif

Poor lil fella....

May sign the big one as a kicker...he will work for peanuts!!

If you were grigson and and you could throw a boatload of money at one of the Elite Free Agents... who would you choose?

I hope we dont throw a boatload of money at anyone...I would like us to sign Saffold for starting OG/back up tackle and DL Arthur Joes from the Ravens to reasonable and fair contracts.  

Although we have this "boatload" of cap room we can't sign players like some think. We have Luck, Hilton, Fleeener and Allen to worry about next season. Sorry, but I'd narrow the wish list down to and 2 or 3 guys

Yeah... about that Mack thing... He was just transition tagged by the Browns.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/03/browns-use-transition-tag-on-center-alex-mack/

"The transition tag guarantees the average of the top 10-highest-paid players at his position, and for offensive linemen, that’s $10.039 million. The franchise tag would have cost $11.654 million.

It gives the Browns the right to match any offer Mack gets on the open market, but no compensation if he leaves."

I believe the Browns would have 7 days to match any offer made.

He's probably far too costly now.

I would go after Mack but it looks like we might go after Decker in free agency. 

Will Carroll ‏@injuryexpert  

Tampering be damned, it sounds like the Colts are really serious about having a WR as their first signing. Would have expected OL.

Yeah I just saw that. He claims the Colts are interested in multiple WRs.

Well we all wanted Sir Mack a lot but he is now way too costly I mean 11mill a year is a lot so now I see the FO going for Decker which I don't like but they will probably go that route unless we get NO center and saffold to play guard that would be really nice

Verner,byrd but oakland will overpay him, mack but Cleveland tagged him, orakpo got tagged, hauschka,dqwell jackson,edlemann

Verner is going to cost a lot more than Davis. If you mean Hauschka the kicker, there are always cheaper options just as good. We don't need a receiver like Edleman.