Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Do Some Of You Actually Watch The Colts Play?

lennymoore24

Look at Belichick draft history since Pioli left.  Not so great.  Anyone talk about firing him?  All Pagano has done is coached two back to back playoff teams.  But some people on there would rather he be fired.  Get rid of Grigson and Pagano, they say.

And it doesn't stop with coaches.  Here's some other brain busters. Donald Brown was a bust.  Richardson should be cut.  Castanzo is a right tackle.  McGlynn should be the starting center because we ran well ONE TIME he was the starter.  We should switch to 4-3.  DHB should be in the secondary.  The list goes on and on.

1) Running backs don't run well when their line can't block.  Yeah, I know, Donald Brown got yards, but they used him in different sets.  Had he lined up tight like Richardson, he would have been hit in the backfield too. Lets give the guy an occassional hole and then we can pass the verdict.

2) Not all GMs hit every draft choice.  And are you forgetting the talent Grigson is bringing in from other sources?  Werner actually had as good or better stats then pass rushers drafted higher than him.  Hughes showed some great flashes for a young player.  You can see that quickness.  When Holmes comes on, I would say getting Werner, Thorton, Holmes, and Hughes was a pretty good haul for one draft.  We aren't getting 7 starters every year!!!  If we were, that doesn't say much about our talent.  I love what he has done with Freeman, McNary, and the new guy they just signed from the CFL.  Those guys are like extra draft choices.  Nothing to lose because they aren't signed for huge contracts.

3)  Andrew Luck threw 9 interceptions the entire regular season.  The receiving core was very young after Wayne went out.  Yet we still got the playoffs.  Give Hamilton and Pagano some credit. You ever consider it might be Irsays MANDATE they play power football?  He doesn't want another Star Wars offense because he can see by the last four teams left in the playoffs, you HAVE to be able to run.

4) Finally, it helps to have some football knowledge when evaluating players.  Some of you are on here screaming about this player or that player.  It cracks me up when you read somewhere an "expert" like Chappell will say Castanzo should be a right tackle, so then you post that like you know what you are talking about.  He is not a right tackle.  I remember some screaming about Tim Jennings and how bad he sucked. How bad is he now?  Case of he was asked to give a huge cushion. You put him on a team with a good pass rush and he plays tighter, and he is pretty good.  Keep that in mind when you are calling for the head of every player.  Talent is talent.  I would bet the house if you put Richardson behind the 49ers offensive line, he is a 1400 runner.

So please. Considering assignments and schemes.  And consider if a player has the parts around him he needs. Quit calling for heads to fall!
Edited by 21isSuperman

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, now that you got that frustration off your chest :grouphug:

But for me here in Virginia I only get maybe 3-5 games of the Colts per season

This season I watched the

49ers game

Texans (SNF)

Broncos (SNF)

Titans (TNF)

Chargers (MNF)

Chiefs (Both)

Patriots (Playoff)

So I got a good look at the team this year

Yea that guy Brad Wells wrote an article saying that Vontae Davis is worth 4 years $10 million and also said that Cassius Vaughn is almost a bigger priority because he had 3-4 ints the past two season in limited action. The more he writes the more foolish he looks

"If Davis signed a 4-year deal worth $10 million with a $3 million bonus, I'd say that's just about what he's worth"- Wells

"For me, I'd almost say that re-signing Cassius Vaughn is a higher priority than Davis. I know that reads funny on face value, but Vaughn is a solid player with speed and playmaking ability (3 picks last season despite 417 snaps played). He also comes cheap."-Wells

Yea that guy Brad Wells wrote an article saying that Vontae Davis is worth 4 years $10 million and also said that Cassius Vaughn is almost a bigger priority because he had 3-4 ints the past two season in limited action. The more he writes the more foolish he looks

"If Davis signed a 4-year deal worth $10 million with a $3 million bonus, I'd say that's just about what he's worth"- Wells

"For me, I'd almost say that re-signing Cassius Vaughn is a higher priority than Davis. I know that reads funny on face value, but Vaughn is a solid player with speed and playmaking ability (3 picks last season despite 417 snaps played). He also comes cheap."-Wells

Can't believe people still read what this guy rights. 

Look at Belichick draft history since Pioli left.  Not so great.  Anyone talk about firing him?  All Pagano has done is coached two back to back playoff teams.  But some people on there would rather he be fired.  Get rid of Grigson and Pagano, they say.

And it doesn't stop with coaches.  Here's some other brain busters. Donald Brown was a bust.  Richardson should be cut.  Castanzo is a right tackle.  McGlynn should be the starting center because we ran well ONE TIME he was the starter.  We should switch to 4-3.  DHB should be in the secondary.  The list goes on and on.

1) Running backs don't run well when their line can't block.  Yeah, I know, Donald Brown got yards, but they used him in different sets.  Had he lined up tight like Richardson, he would have been hit in the backfield too. Lets give the guy an occassional hole and then we can pass the verdict.

2) Not all GMs hit every draft choice.  And are you forgetting the talent Grigson is bringing in from other sources?  Werner actually had as good or better stats then pass rushers drafted higher than him.  Hughes showed some great flashes for a young player.  You can see that quickness.  When Holmes comes on, I would say getting Werner, Thorton, Holmes, and Hughes was a pretty good haul for one draft.  We aren't getting 7 starters every year!!!  If we were, that doesn't say much about our talent.  I love what he has done with Freeman, McNary, and the new guy they just signed from the CFL.  Those guys are like extra draft choices.  Nothing to lose because they aren't signed for huge contracts.

3)  Andrew Luck threw 9 interceptions the entire regular season.  The receiving core was very young after Wayne went out.  Yet we still got the playoffs.  Give Hamilton and Pagano some credit. You ever consider it might be Irsays MANDATE they play power football?  He doesn't want another Star Wars offense because he can see by the last four teams left in the playoffs, you HAVE to be able to run.

4) Finally, it helps to have some football knowledge when evaluating players.  Some of you are on here screaming about this player or that player.  It cracks me up when you read somewhere an "expert" like Chappell will say Castanzo should be a right tackle, so then you post that like you know what you are talking about.  He is not a right tackle.  I remember some screaming about Tim Jennings and how bad he sucked. How bad is he now?  Case of he was asked to give a huge cushion. You put him on a team with a good pass rush and he plays tighter, and he is pretty good.  Keep that in mind when you are calling for the head of every player.  Talent is talent.  I would bet the house if you put Richardson behind the 49ers offensive line, he is a 1400 runner.

So please. Considering assignments and schemes.  And consider if a player has the parts around him he needs. Quit calling for heads to fall!

The dude who should be playing as a RT and been here for 3 seasons, his name is spelled Castonzo.  And Donald Brown WAS a Bust, but nice he seemed to learn how to read a block FINALLY. Go Donald! No, I mean really, GO! ;)

That's funnier than anything I've ever read on this forum, and he gets paid to write about the Colts.

49ers game

Texans (SNF)

Broncos (SNF)

Titans (TNF)

Chargers (MNF)

Chiefs (Both)

Patriots (Playoff)

Buy NFL Rewind (about $40 for the season), go to a bar, find a friend with Sunday ticket, [mod edit] etc. I'm tired of you constantly posting how you couldn't watch the game. Be resourceful, man.

Edited by Superman

Buy NFL Rewind (about $40 for the season), go to a bar, find a friend with Sunday ticket, find a bootleg stream online, etc. I'm tired of you constantly posting how you couldn't watch the game. Be resourceful, man.

There's always the ignore button if you're tired of someone :thmup:

I'm fortunate enough to have directTV and am able to catch every game on TV. I only started watching every game since 12 came on board.. Idk I guess I took football for granted being spoiled with Peyton for 14 years and was almost guaranteed a playoff birth every year. I am from MA btw

49ers game

Texans (SNF)

Broncos (SNF)

Titans (TNF)

Chargers (MNF)

Chiefs (Both)

Patriots (Playoff)

If you have Direct TV, NFL Sunday Ticket is the way to go. Its expensive, but worth every penny. I've had it for several years now and have no complaints.

49ers game

Texans (SNF)

Broncos (SNF)

Titans (TNF)

Chargers (MNF)

Chiefs (Both)

Patriots (Playoff)

no you didn't

And the lack of watching explains your posts

Agreed 100% with this . 

:spit:  Welcome to the Home of the Colts where everyday you'll hear the same stuff at nauseum by genius's whose opinions are always right even when there wrong . :thmup:        

This may become the most "liked" post in the forum. Well Said!

There is no way I could favorite this thread. Talk about a hypocrite. Your complaining about ours complaining. This is a forum and all opinion are welcomed for discussion. Right or wrong people are going to come here and express their thoughts.

I heard an interview with an Atlanta Sports Writer today and someone asked him how the teams in Indianapolis are perceived nationally and when talking about the Colts he said "We have Matt Ryan who fans have real questions about around here.  In Indy you have a guy in Andrew Luck who has won 23 games in two years with a team that without him would be lucky to win more than five in two years.  I think he's the most untradeable guy in the league right now and we hate you for having Manning and him back-to-back.  It's just a slap in the face to teams that have been looking for a guy like that since Manning came into the league." 

I also harken back to something I heard around the playoffs, when someone said these are probably the least talented teams Andrew Luck is going to play on and the Colts have won 23 games and made the playoffs both years.  If that doesn't make you feel good about the future nothing will. 

Let's be honest for a second this team over achieved in Luck's rookie year probably due to in large part to rallying around the Chuckstrong thing.  To the point that going into this past year a lot of the media was saying the Colts would be lucky to win 10 games this year and while they might not win as many games as they did last year that this past team was still probably better than the previous one from a talent stand point.  What did the Colts do?  Take a clear step forward anyways if you compared them to the team from Luck's rookie year.  They had the same regular season record but added a division title to it and a playoff win two things more than what they had the previous year. 

The problem is some fans didn't keep realistic expectations and came into this year thinking this team was a Super Bowl team and there was a point in the season where you could have argued hey why not the Colts.  However, something happened.  Injuries and a lot of those fans refused to adjust their expectations even though the Colts lost several key players and were not the same team at the end of the year as they were at say the 49ers game.  So when they didn't win a Super Bowl those fans were left feeling like the Colts failed to meet expectations.  Personally I don't think that was the case.  I think they did, I just think some fans had some completely unrealistic expectations. 

There is no way I could favorite this thread. Talk about a hypocrite. Your complaining about others complaining. This is a forum and all opinion are welcomed for discussion. Right or wrong people are going to come here and express their thoughts.

I play Madden why would I need to watch an actual game? It gives me all the knowledge I need to be able to deride and ridicule other posters...

On the other hand living in the UK we do get the benefit of Gamepass so I get to see very Colts game plus a fair bit of other teams. The condensed feature is great for quickly running through a few games and you get all 22 too for taking a more in depth look at what's going on. 

The colts are the greatest organization who always make the right moves.

Anybody who thinks they make mistakes obviously doesnt watch football.

We could win every Superbowl if we wanted but the NFL said to let other teams win a few.

The 2013 draft was the most amazing draft since 2012, everyone Grigson took was a pro bowler.

Richardsom trade was the most brilliant move in football ever. He is gonna be the next Barry Sanders once he has an off season to do learn the playbook.

The colts are the greatest organization who always make the right moves.

Anybody who thinks they make mistakes obviously doesnt watch football.

We could win every Superbowl if we wanted but the NFL said to let other teams win a few.

The 2013 draft was the most amazing draft since 2012, everyone Grigson took was a pro bowler.

Richardsom trade was the most brilliant move in football ever. He is gonna be the next Barry Sanders once he has an off season to do learn the playbook.

Ahh hyperbole, it must be oooo a good 6 nanoseconds since we had some on here. 

The dude who should be playing as a RT and been here for 3 seasons, his name is spelled Castonzo.  And Donald Brown WAS a Bust, but nice he seemed to learn how to read a block FINALLY. Go Donald! No, I mean really, GO! ;)

Oops. Had my laugh and moved on but, Donald made a real jump in FB IQ in his Contract Year and certainly was a good contributor. 537 yards rushing woohoo 214 receiving yip yip.

He is on the verge of being a Kevin Faulk. I`ll take one of those Anyday. Be glad to have him back, wish him well, but Dude, it sure took a LONG TIME to get to where u R.