Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Do Some Of You Actually Watch The Colts Play?

lennymoore24

Don't misunderstand me. I'm not all that excited about Tim Jennings even now, and I wasn't bashing him when he was here either. But there's this sentiment that Tim Jennings is proving everyone wrong, that his story proves that most fans don't know what they're talking about, and that's just silly. He's played better in Chicago because they used him better, and because he got more help from his teammates. Not because he's really more talented than anyone knew when he was here.

he was much better here than given credit for

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nope

Opinions are no replacement for facts .

Jennings had 4 interceptions as a Colt in 53 games . 2006 - 2009 ..

In Chicago 2010-2011  was as a Colt forgettable .

In the  2012 season opener Jennings  intercepted Andrew Luck twice & ended the season with 9 interceptions & named to his first Pro Bowl.

In 2013 after 4 more interceptions Jennings was second most to Richard Sherman  & was named to the 2014 Pro Bowl in replacement of Richard Sherman .

I thank you your opinion but clearly it is wrong .

Opinions are no replacement for facts .

Jennings had 4 interceptions as a Colt in 53 games . 2006 - 2009 ..

In Chicago 2010-2011 was as a Colt forgettable .

In the 2012 season opener Jennings intercepted Andrew Luck twice & ended the season with 9 interceptions & named to his first Pro Bowl.

In 2013 after 4 more interceptions Jennings was second most to Richard Sherman & was named to the 2014 Pro Bowl in replacement of Richard Sherman .

I thank you your opinion but clearly it is wrong .

so int's is the measure of a good corner?

Apparently, he was in 2 Pro Bowls & got a new contract did he not ? As a Chicago Bear after years in the league he has put 2 good seasons togeather it would have been nice if he could have done it as a Colt .

no. Int's are not how you judge a good corner

so int's is the measure of a good corner?

I looked into what it takes to be a good NFL Corner & thanks to your question I learned something I realize I'm no genius & I'm very capable of learning as a fan our opinions are worthless if we can't try .

So I found this I really liked it & hope that others may enjoy it as I did .

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1686545-how-do-scouts-break-down-nfl-cornerback-prospects

yep. Someone irrelevant to the conversation

You've probably heard him called by his nickname "Night Train" Lane.  He was a defense back for the Rams back in the 50s. In 1952 he had what many NFL historians regard as the best year for a defensive back.  In a 12 game season, he had 14 interceptions.  That record still stands today.  The way he accomplished this was by a move referred to as a "bait and switch" where he would play off his man tricking the QB into thinking his receiver was open.  The thing was he has such amazing recovery speed that he could break on the ball and make the pick.

Deion Sanders (another amazing QB) also was able to do the same thing and he never had more than 7 picks in one year.

Why am I telling you this?  Because it illustrates that declaring a single stat as "the way" to evaluate a position is silly.  You have to look at the bigger picture, and yes, interceptions are part of the way you evaluate a defensive back.  But they aren't the only way.

You've probably heard him called by his nickname "Night Train" Lane. He was a defense back for the Rams back in the 50s. In 1952 he had what many NFL historians regard as the best year for a defensive back. In a 12 game season, he had 14 interceptions. That record still stands today. The way he accomplished this was by a move referred to as a "bait and switch" where he would play off his man tricking the QB into thinking his receiver was open. The thing was he has such amazing recovery speed that he could break on the ball and make the pick.

Deion Sanders (another amazing QB) also was able to do the same thing and he never had more than 7 picks in one year.

Why am I telling you this? Because it illustrates that declaring a single stat as "the way" to evaluate a position is silly. You have to look at the bigger picture, and yes, interceptions are part of the way you evaluate a defensive back. But they aren't the only way.

why are you telling me this? Obviously I know it

why are you telling me this? Obviously I know it

You are like the ultimate horriblescope or politician. You make statements that don't really mean anything, are just intended to stir the pot, aren't provable or debunk-able, and/or are never supported by anything more than your assertion that you are right, which of course you are... Because you didn't really say anything in the first place.

You are like the ultimate horriblescope or politician. You make statements that don't really mean anything, are just intended to stir the pot, aren't provable or debunk-able, and/or are never supported by anything more than your assertion that you are right, which of course you are... Because you didn't really say anything in the first place.

all I got from this is that you agree I am always right. Good observation

1. Or maybe it is a kick slide. Feel better. It`s NOT my Term. Those are quotation marks around a cut and paste.

2. lmao. You go to length to describe his over compensating Because of a lack of Athleticism (quickness to recover being part of that IMO). haha! yur funny. A slew (was it 40+?) of college starts and 3 years in the NFL and he just needs More Experience for the physical & Mental side. Good grief! A real Roy Hibbert?

3. Find me a list showing him as a top overall 15 LT. He does not get there because they say he is probably better suited as a RT. A lack of pass blocking upside is the point.

What i see EVERY game so i Agree. JMO.

If Andrew does a 5 step drop or takes a step in the shotgun, followed by ANY Hesitation, guess what, he has Close company too Much of the time and it is AC and Any speed of rusher. 

I haven`t heard or read a Castonzo assessment that didn`t NOTE his pass blocking weakness.

We were 11-5 so he was good. lol  Sacks, hits and hurries are a Poor measurable perhaps.

4. I too liked Adam Meadows. He worked Hard to improve what for me became a Memorable, yes, more of a double hop step to the side. It became a bit exaggerated but he made it work to good effect. I referred to him to amuse myself and perhaps spark a fond memory to a few of the old Colts fans who thought well of him.

Because NOTHING but a quick release is gonna help AC. He is what he is. He is such a mauler in the run i figured he had VG upper body strength. Your knowledge says he is Still a wuss.

Guess he has that to work on too! ;)

I do have HIGH Expectations that with Thomas and DAllen beside him and an improved athletic Thornton pulling in the run game, things will clearly be much rosier to his side. He certainly has had PPoor help the last 2 seasons.

5. Have a double shot, on you! :thmsup: Go Colts!

Wow, you numbered your points as if you were responding to mine but you threw so much nonense stuff that you replied to your own nonsense rather than my points.  Oh well, you told me all I needed to know about your assessment of AC and there is really point in continuing the conversation further.  Initially, I thought I was conversing with someone that had some knowledge of the situation but I see you are just parroting the opinion of someone else and trying to claim you "see the same thing".

I will give you some free advice (I'm sure you will think that is exactly what it's worth but oh well), if you are going to base your opinion off what others say (which we all do, I do it all the time on draft picks because I rarely watch college football) and then regurgitate that information as if it is your own then you should pick someone that has some football knowledge and, you know, knows what he's talking about.  "Kick and slide" sounds like something that one would read on Stampede Blue.

no they don't. Context is your friend

I post that interceptions are part of the way you evaluate a DB. In one post you agree, despite posting the exact opposite a few posts ago. I point this out and suddenly context is the issue?

So by all means explain yourself

I post that interceptions are part of the way you evaluate a DB. In one post you agree, despite posting the exact opposite a few posts ago. I point this out and suddenly context is the issue?

Ehh no use arguing with dudeski. dude's saltier than a Lays Potato Chip at the bottom of the Dead Sea.

i was obviously saying you can't look at int's and say a cb is good based on that

Read my other posts. It's not hard

i was obviously saying you can't look at int's and say a cb is good based on that

Read my other posts. It's not hard

I've read quite a few of your posts and very few of them make any sense.

One of the most important things a defense can do is create turnovers. Interceptions are turnovers. Therefore DBS who create lots of turnovers (aka interceptions) contribute greatly to the overall success or failure of their defense. This also known as "doing your job."

It's not hard.

One of the most important things a defense can do is create turnovers. Interceptions are turnovers. Therefore DBS who create lots of turnovers (aka interceptions) contribute greatly to the overall success or failure of their defense. This also known as "doing your job."

It's not hard.

I think you're starting to realise this guy has been to the Skip school of debate, that is to say he's good at opposing whatever you say without ever providing substance. As he in effect has no argument to his position you can't attack or debunk and round and round we go.

Somewhat back onto what you were talking about, INTS can be a misleading stat when looked at in a vacuum for individual players, I think they are more telling when you look at overall D's number of picks (and FFs). So yeah it's part of a the metric for assessing a secondary player but it's not the be all and end all by any means. 

Whatever the position, and whatever stats you look into nothing tells you the story of a player like watching the tape :)

Yeah I can't stand any player evaluation method that involves picking a single metric and then clicking "sort."

Yup but the majority of fans (and analysts!) won't commit the time or thinking required to do a bit more in depth analysis. It's far easier to go "headline" players without giving any context to the stats. 

It's not hard.

why are you having such a major comprehension problem?

Int's are great, but not a line stat to judge a db. A cb can have a great year without an int

Int's are great, but not a line stat to judge a db. A cb can have a great year without an int

All I have said is that interceptions are one of the ways in which you measure a DBs performance.

I have never said they were the only way (which I've pointed out on multiple occasions)

Trolls like to argue & are incapable of explaination stirring the pot spreading ignorance are the goal .

The Bears rewarded Jennings with a new four-year, $22.4 million contract after he led the team with four interceptions (two returned for touchdowns) and 13 pass break-ups in 2013. He finished the year with 57 tackles, three forced fumbles and one fumble recovery.

The eight-year NFL veteran had a breakout year in 2012 when he recorded a league-best nine interceptions en route to being named second-team All-Pro. He was the 2012 NFC Defensive Player of the Month in September.

A cb can have a great year without an int

Name 1 that reached the Pro Bowl

All I have said is that interceptions are one of the ways in which you measure a DBs performance.

I have never said they were the only way (which I've pointed out on multiple occasions)

i never took issue with your opinion. It is correct.

You just couldn't understand we shared that opinion for some reason