Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

can luck beat the patriots in 2014?

Stephen

I don't know.  The Patriots always seem to have luck on their side.  So luck probably won't beat them.

Oh wait... did you mean Can the COLTS beat the Patriots?  Well, the answer to that is obviously YES.  Every team that plays the Patriots can beat them.

In his first two games versus patriots he has 7 interceptions and both were played in new England. The third will be played at home.

The Colts with Andrew Luck beat  Seattle - Denver - KC - San Fran  this year  . My Avi Pic is worn because I believed the Colts would beat the Patriots at home this year so Yes  I will go on record Patriots fans out there you will lose the next 1 the third time is the charm .

GO COLTS

I think with some roster upgrades we can beat anyone. Luck had so much on his shoulders during those two games against NE. We don't want that happening again, with better Oline, D and a running game we'll be much better.... hopefully we upgrade lol.

Since I have no idea what the rosters are going to look like, I couldn't hazard a guess.

Oh I dunno I predict they will look like 106 dudes, mostly pretty big, wearing pads and helmets. In all seriousness you're correct this is almost a philosophical rather than materialistic question at this point. 

The offseason has arrived :(

The Colts with Andrew Luck beat  Seattle - Denver - KC - San Fran  this year  . My Avi Pic is worn because I believed the Colts would beat the Patriots at home this year so Yes  I will go on record Patriots fans out there you will lose the next 1 the third time is the charm .

GO COLTS

Same bet come next season for sure. I already have another pic for you. ;)

I guess? It's like asking if the Bucks could beat the Heat. Sure it could happen, but a lot of things would have to go right for them and wrong for the Heat. It's not like it's impossible and we have no shot. 

Come on, the talent difference is not that significant like the Bucks vs Heat like you are making it out to be.

When healthy, the Colts can definitely match up with the Patriots, especially at home. It won't be easy, its never easy with the Patriots anyway.

Same bet come next season for sure. I already have another pic for you. ;)

Thanks I had no doubt . :thmup:     I'm finding out that the mere image of Tom Brady comes with a price & that some would assume that I am a Patriots fan well you know what they say about folks who assume .

:colts:

Come on, the talent difference is not that significant like the Bucks vs Heat like you are making it out to be.

When healthy, the Colts can definitely match up with the Patriots, especially at home. It won't be easy, its never easy with the Patriots anyway.

*Looks at the playoff game against them* 

Yea...Regardless if the talent is close we still got waxed. 

Doesn't matter if it's at home or on the road, we still need a good amount of things to go right for us and wrong for them to have a good shot at winning. If it won't be easy, it's for a pretty good reason. Maybe just maybe the Patriots are the better team with better cohesion and make more players and because of those things they should be us 7-8 times out of 10. Maybe that's why we need a good amount of things to go right for us and wrong for them in order to win the game.

At home.....maybe if Da'Rick Rogers is starting wide receiver

skeptical.gif

With the pieces the Pats are getting back (Gronk, Wilfork ect) my guess is no. BB has Luck/Pep/Pagano's #. 

I feel dirty writing that, but it's my useless prediction.

Think of all the pieces we are getting back next year. Works both ways brothaman.

*Looks at the playoff game against them* 

Yea...Regardless if the talent is close we still got waxed. 

You are telling me that if we had Wayne, Dwayne Allen and Ahmad Bradshaw and a healthy 3 CBs, we can't match up with a Patriots team with Gronk, Wilfork and Mayo back??? I definitely think we can at home.

Our way to beat the Patriots was never going to be stopping them totally defensively. We beat the 49ers, Seahawks and Broncos scoring 27, 34 & 39 points. Our team is still about the O leading the way. The D is still not good enough to carry the O as it stands and hold the Patriots to less than 30 points but our O is good enough to put up more than 30 points vs the Patriots when healthy at home. That would have to be the way we beat the Patriots.

We have done it vs real good teams and we can do it vs the Patriots too. Hopefully, the defensive aspect gets addressed this offseason and we become stout vs the run so that the O gets more opportunities and is not sitting on the sidelines as much.

In his first two games versus patriots he has 7 interceptions and both were played in new England. The third will be played at home.

They will have a better chance at home but the Pats are just a whole lot better overall and rate to get better in the off season. They had major injuries just like the Colts but I think it will be a very tough game for the Colts to win. But who knows, those were three powerful wins they had this year against the Broncos, 49ers and Seahawks.

You are telling me that if we had Wayne, Dwayne Allen and Ahmad Bradshaw and a healthy 3 CBs, we can't match up with a Patriots team with Gronk, Wilfork and Mayo back??? I definitely think we can at home.

Our way to beat the Patriots was never going to be stopping them totally defensively. We beat the 49ers, Seahawks and Broncos scoring 27, 34 & 39 points. Our team is still about the O leading the way. The D is still not good enough to carry the O as it stands and hold the Patriots to less than 30 points but our O is good enough to put up more than 30 points vs the Patriots when healthy at home. That would have to be the way we beat the Patriots.

We have done it vs real good teams and we can do it vs the Patriots too. Hopefully, the defensive aspect gets addressed this offseason and we become stout vs the run so that the O gets more opportunities and is not sitting on the sidelines as much.

Matching up with them isn't what the topic is about. It's about beating them. Can we beat them? Sure we can. Do a good amount of things have to go right for us to beat them at the moment? Yes. Things can change from now up until the matchup. Brady could get hurt, Luck could get hurt, who knows?

Again *looks back at the playoff game* offense leading the way....Nope.

That could change after the draft and FA of course.

Again *looks back at the playoff game* offense leading the way....Nope.

Playoff offense was minus Wayne, Allen, Bradshaw and it was on the road, that was my point. This team surprises you when you think they can't do it. Only time will tell vs the Patriots. Long time to go, like you said between now and then.

Thanks I had no doubt . :thmup:     I'm finding out that the mere image of Tom Brady comes with a price & that some would assume that I am a Patriots fan well you know what they say about folks who assume .

:colts:

Yes, I have noticed your fandom has been questioned and that is bothersome to me. Perhaps next time I will find a nice looking clown avatar for you. Your others used to scare me, although I am sure Brady in Uggs is frightening for most around here. :)

Yes, I have noticed your fandom has been questioned and that is bothersome to me. Perhaps next time I will find a nice looking clown avatar for you. Your others used to scare me, although I am sure Brady in Uggs is frightening for most around here. :)

To be fair you took it easy on me & its all good .  When my Colts Win you can wear his pick with the Superman pose for a TD .