Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton Trashed on NFL.com

Vance

Now, THIS one is for real.

http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/09000d5d82bb1bc6?module=HP11_photo_gallery?campaign=Facebook_gallery_BradyManning

Check out the snarky, insulting captions about Manning under most of the photos. What the hell NFL?

That was tacky to say the least and I hope it puts more fire under his behind this weekend. NFL is stooping pretty low on that article and pictures & captions in my opinion.

Now, THIS one is for real.

http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/09000d5d82bb1bc6?module=HP11_photo_gallery?campaign=Facebook_gallery_BradyManning

Check out the snarky, insulting captions about Manning under most of the photos. What the hell NFL?

Most of them were facts. And the last time Manning won was in 2009 by 1 pt in the 4th-and-2 game.

That said games between them have been close and always down to the last drive since 2006. If the ball has been bouncing toward Brady so many times in a row, it might be a good thing for Manning to get one this time.

Most of them were facts. And the last time Manning won was in 2009 by 1 pt in the 4th-and-2 game.

That said games between them have been close and always down to the last drive since 2006. If the ball has been bouncing toward Brady so many times in a row, it might be a good thing for Manning to get one this time.

The photos and stats were facts. The extra comments were just slander.

The photos and stats were facts. The extra comments were just slander.

I don't mind. Last week every talking head was trashing Manning and we all know what happened. Actually I feel Manning plays better when he is trashed :)

And to be fair in the earlier games between the two Manning did hand them the wins like Luck did. But the last two games he played carefully but his RBs fumbled too many times. The ball should bounce back this time.

And to be fair in the earlier games between the two Manning did hand them the wins

That's a gross miss-statement and simplification - much like the comments under the pictures actually.

The comments were a lame and snarky attempt at humor - mostly a big yawn. The only thing that bothers me is that instead of using the name of the 20 something year old Pats fan that wrote it, they just say "nfl.com". One would think that a byeline theoretically reflecting "the position of the league" would be a tad more objective and reasonable.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, January 15, 2014 - trolling post and quoting trolling post
Hidden by Nadine, January 15, 2014 - trolling post and quoting trolling post

The truth hurts.

Want them to lie?

Yes, I'm sure Brady literally asked Peyton if he was even trying to win in the playoffs. 

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, January 15, 2014 - trolling post and quoting trolling post
Hidden by Nadine, January 15, 2014 - trolling post and quoting trolling post

The truth hurts.

Want them to lie?

Actually, objectively reporting the truth and results is all anyone in this thread requesting. Unless you mean to say that Brady truly did question his coach to Peyton after the game along with all that rhetoric that was written with the wit of a fifth grader.

Precedence, history, previous game results, none of this stroll down memory lane means a darn thing. Just line up on Sunday & play. We will all see who is smiling in the end now won't we? 

Whoever wins I will congratulate them in the interest of good sportsmanship. That's how I roll. Brady is phenomenal, but so is Manning. This game will come down to NE's ground game & Denver's ability to stop it at the right juncture in the game. Blount steamrolled over my Colts & Ball & Moreno trampled over the formidable Chargers.

This game is no foregone conclusion on either side to me. Please no Wes Welker drops or Joe Vellano trips this time thank you very much. LOL! 

I respect both organizations immensely, but I do have my personal preference naturally. Why yes, Orange Crush is a tasty beverage isn't it?  :P  Maybe I should purchase a bottle before kickoff? Hmmm...

One question though: Is there professional football etiquette that determines that the QB must where their helmet after losing the game? I'm just curious...

Is the helmet on or off? And if it is on, does that signify a winner or a loser? Is this like a "Karate Kid" movie reference to Mr. Miyagi "Wax on Wax off" kind of thing?  :dunno:

Rich Einsen on NFL Game Day Final spoke about all the drama in this AFC Championship bid for this year's SB:

Brady going for his 4th ring, Manning going for his 2nd ring, Eli winning a ring at LOS & Now Peyton has a shot to win a ring at Met Life Stadium in NY where his brother plays regular season games, WR Austin Collie used to be Manning's weapon & now Brady's got him. Cool trivia stuff no matter who wins King Of The AFC this Sunday. Sweet! 

Hidden gems like that takes this game to a whole new stratosphere Baby!  No more TY Law NE. I respect Hightower & Talib naturally, but Peyton isn't Andrew. There will be no double dose of Alfonzo Dennard at the turnover trough Foxboro fans. Without Vince Wilfork at the helm, your clog stopper substitute doesn't scare me & there will not be constant pressure in 18's face. 

Has the Natl. Anthem been sung yet? Let's kick the ball off & rock & roll...Bring it NE..In the immortal words of Pat Benatar, "Hit me with your best shot." 

No doubt in my mind that that photo essay was written by a patriot fan........too chicken to add his name to it.

Although I doubt they'd put anything like that on the patriots website

Shame on you NFL

The primary NFL Network TV personality that makes no attempt to hide his Saints & Patriots biases at all is Heath Evans. He talks like he is some sort of oracle of free flowing NFL knowledge & quite frankly he isn't. Nor does he deserve the respect he is given like the next Mike Mayock in waiting...Child Please...LOL!

Heath you are anything but impartial in your analysis sir. Facts are facts. How are Saints gonna beat San Francisco this weekend Mr. Evans? Oh wait...The Seahawks kicked their caboose. Bang up prediction there Heath.  :lol:

Look, SW1 can't hide my affection/admiration for Peyton Manning either, but at least I can admit it flat out & straight up. 

BTW: If NE wins this weekend, my allegiance shifts to Russel Wilson & The Hawks. Why? Russel graduated from my alma mater UW-Madison & I saw every home game at Camp Randall Stadium LIVE. I love that kid man. He's like Fran Tarkenton & Doug Flutie had a kid & RW was his name...LOL! 

If Denver wins, I root for Yoda AKA Manning. I think the world of you RW, but Manning will hopefully be the "last man standing." Oh yeah...

The primary NFL Network TV personality that makes no attempt to hide his Saints & Patriots biases at all is Heath Evans. He talks like he is some sort of oracle of free flowing NFL knowledge & quite frankly he isn't. Nor does he deserve the respect he is given like the next Mike Mayock in waiting...Child Please...LOL!

Weren't those the two teams Evans played for?  And don't forget Willie McGinest.  The way he and the others carry on, you'd never know he played for the Browns, too.  

I think SW1 would find it difficult to find an ex-Pat player that didn't spend most of their analysis time stroking their own ego.  Of course, it doesn't help when every sports anchor in the world asks them what's it like to play with Tom Brady and win championships.  

I just try to ignore it.  I will freely admit though, that I have issues listening to Teddy Bruschi talk on ESPN.  I think most of my animosity arises from the episode of America's Game where the subject is the 2006 AFC championship game.  I don't even remember what he said.  All I know is that he was smug and superior and I didn't like it.   :yuk:

While the comments from the writer on that page are embarrassing for him and unprofessional, I'm not that surprised.  NFL.com doesn't have a reputation for putting out high quality articles anyway, so it's no surprise that they would have an article written by what comes across as a 12 year old who got a hold of his mother's computer without her permission

Wow... after awhile it just got stupid. It doesn't help their website if they're showing favorites.

They have one maybe two good writers on the site. That article shows that the majority of them are dumb and ignorant.

Weren't those the two teams Evans played for?  And don't forget Willie McGinest.  The way he and the others carry on, you'd never know he played for the Browns, too.  

I think SW1 would find it difficult to find an ex-Pat player that didn't spend most of their analysis time stroking their own ego.  Of course, it doesn't help when every sports anchor in the world asks them what's it like to play with Tom Brady and win championships.  

I just try to ignore it.  I will freely admit though, that I have issues listening to Teddy Bruschi talk on ESPN.  I think most of my animosity arises from the episode of America's Game where the subject is the 2006 AFC championship game.  I don't even remember what he said.  All I know is that he was smug and superior and I didn't like it.   :yuk:

Yes, the Saints & Patriots were indeed the 2 teams Heath Evans played for IndyGal. 

Tedy Bruschi is a great guy & a very good analyst IMO. He is NE's Jeff Saturday. Nothing but mad respect for that man personally. Don't hold an NFL Championship Video against Tedy. Producers of those shows want players to fan the rivalry flames a little bit in order to add to the mystery, intrigue, & intense dislike of any foe that stands in your way to NFL immortality. It's all smoke & mirrors nothing more.  He has always said nice things about the Colts &, even when the complements on INDY's behalf are not forthcoming, his critique of our club is usually spot on.

Let's put it this way, I'd rather listen to Tedy Bruschi's commentary on us than say Bill Polian our former GM. It still ticks me off that Bill is too lazy to hop on a plane & see what this new Grigson regime is all about, but I digress. Yes, I appreciate how much Bill Polian brought a World Championship to INDY which I will always be grateful for.

However, since INDY defines your legacy as the only squad in which you won a ring with, doesn't it serve your best interest Bill to monitor the evolution & flow of this franchise both while you were here & after you left? JMO. If I were in your shoes, I would care about the fate of the blue horseshoe franchise both short term & long term. 

"And don't forget Willie McGinest.  The way he and the others carry on, you'd never know he played for the Browns, too." --INDYgal1218

I just wish that NFL Network would bring back Rod Woodson permanently.

Now that gentleman was a very fair & balanced commentator who knew football. Man, I miss Rod...1 cool cat man! Great CB & safety too.

large_rod_woodson_HOF.jpg

Damn, they took the article down. I really wanted to read it. If anyone copied it, please paste the article in here. Thanks!

It's still there. Technically it's captions for the photos, not an article.

Here's the captions:

September 30, 2001 Tom Brady makes the first start of his NFL career, and he leads the Patriots to a 44-13 win. Brady didn't throw a touchdown, but he didn't throw an interception, either. Manning was picked off three times. Brady is heard saying, "This starting stuff is easy."

October 21, 2001 Tom Brady shows a little more in the rematch against Manning, as he tossed three touchdowns in a 38-17 win. The Patriots would go on to win the Super Bowl.

November 30, 2003 Peyton Manning throws four touchdowns against the Patriots, but Tom Brady's fourth quarter score to Deion Branch was the difference in the Patriots' 38-34 victory

January 18, 2004 Peyton Manning throws four interceptions in the 2003 AFC Championship Game as the Patriots move on to win their second Super Bowl. Brady is seen here asking if Manning is even trying in these games

September 9, 2004 The Patriots open the 2004 season with another victory over Peyton Manning and the Colts. Good news, Peyton only throws one interception in this game. That's progress.

November 7, 2005 The football world is stunned when Peyton Manning throws three touchdowns as the Colts destroy the Patriots, 40-21. Many wait around for the handshake to see if Ashton Kutcher emerges to tell everybody they've been Punk'd. He doesn't, and Peyton ends a six-game losing streak to Tom Brady

January 16, 2005 The Patriots hold Peyton Manning and the Colts to just three points in this divisional round playoff game. It looks like Tom Brady just told Peyton a joke about the bear and the hunter in the woods.

November 5, 2006 Peyton Manning makes it two consecutive wins over Tom Brady, as it's the Patriots' quarterback who throws four interceptions in the loss. Many football enthusiasts wonder if the plot of "Face Off" is real and the quarterbacks have been switched.

November 4, 2007 Tom Brady has to rally the Patriots this time with two fourth-quarter touchdown passes to Wes Welker and Kevin Faulk as New England improves to 9-0 with a 24-20 victory. Suddenly, things seem right again in the football world.

January 21, 2007 In something nobody saw coming, Peyton Manning actually rallies the Colts for a clutch victory in the AFC Championship Game. If you look at the photo, Tom Brady has the same look on his face as an older brother does when his mother tells him to let the little brother win. Manning would go on to win the Super Bowl in the most unlikely title victory since David Arquette won the WCW heavyweight title.

November 15, 2009 In one of the most bizarre endings to a football game, Patriots coach Bill Belichick goes for it on fourth and short deep in his own territory late in the fourth quarter. The move backfires and Peyton Manning wins it with a 1-yard touchdown pass to Reggie Wayne. Tom Brady is seen here saying, "Yeah, I don't know what he was thinking, either." (Actually, it was the right move by Belichick.)

November 21, 2010 Tom Brady wins the final installment of this rivalry (and presumably the last one as Patriots and Colts, respectively) with a win, 31-28. Peyton Manning valiantly tries to rally his team late in the game, but they are done in by his three interceptions. Manning done in by interceptions? Hard to believe, but it's true. 

October 7. 2012 - He was in a different uniform, but Peyton Manning, now a member of the Denver Broncos, went through a familiar result. Tom Brady and the Patriots won 31-21 in Foxborough. Brady threw for 223 yards and one touchdown

November 24, 2013 - In their 14th epic battle, Tom Brady and the Patriots fell behind 24-0 at halftime to Peyton Manning and the Broncos. However, Brady waged a comeback and led the Patriots to a come from behind victory in overtime to defeat the Broncos 34-31. Brady is now 10-4 lifetime against Manning.

Colts' fans need to stop over analyzing and obsessing so much over ESPN and the NFL Network's views and opinions on every little thing about Peyton and he's NOT being trashed.

The word or term "trashed" can be subjective based on the individual's personal opinion.

If "trashed" means that Peyton has under performed in the post season and tends to throw that INT at the worst time then I guess he gets trashed.

My personal opinion of what "trashed" means is if people said that Peyton sucked, was horrible, over paid and the most overrated QB of all time.  So I don't think Peyton is being trashed because I don't believed Peyton sucks or is over rated.  He's just being held to very high standards because he should be as his supporters claim he's the GOAT.

Colts fans seem the most sensitive, defensive and a little paranoid about Peyton's critics or what they perceive to be bashing of Peyton.

Peyton is the most popular name and athlete in the NFL and one of the most likeable.

It's not real bashing that Peyton gets.  Peyton receives criticism for not closing it out and Peyton SHOULD be held to very high standards because he's the NFL's biggest name and the best QB in the NFL stats wise and he HAS under performed in the post season.  Peyton should have around 3 to 4 Super Bowl rings by now.  Peyton's teams were knocked out of the playoffs by the Patriots, Steelers, Chargers and Ravens.

Tom Brady receives far more hate than Peyton receives.  Not many people hate Peyton.  Lots of people hate Tom Brady.  I believe 2 weeks ago there was a poll showing Brady is the most disliked QB in the NFL.

At the end of the day it is winning the game that matters. Trashing or not it really doesn't matter if Manning go and blow Pats out this time, which I think he is fully capable of considering this is the least talented Pats team in quite a long time. 

Manning had little chance winning the earlier ones because he was too young and forcing the ball too hard in Pats backyard. He became more patient and and then his game improved. The latest ones were much closer and it could easily bounce his way if his RBs could hang on to the ball.

On the other hand I always think it is Manning VS Belichick instead of Manning VS Brady. Like the 4th-and-2 it was never Brady's decision.

At the end of the day it is winning the game that matters. Trashing or not it really doesn't matter if Manning go and blow Pats out this time, which I think he is fully capable of considering this is the least talented Pats team in quite a long time. 

Manning had little chance winning the earlier ones because he was too young and forcing the ball too hard in Pats backyard. He became more patient and and then his game improved. The latest ones were much closer and it could easily bounce his way if his RBs could hang on to the ball.

On the other hand I always think it is Manning VS Belichick instead of Manning VS Brady. Like the 4th-and-2 it was never Brady's decision.

I like, trust and respect this Patriots team more than the 2007 Pats team which was made up of more prima donnas and egos.  This Patriots team is similar to the Red Sox that won the world series....a bunch of guys who aren't famous who are trying hard and playing as a team.  This Pats team is more a "team" than their past teams.  Talent is overrated if you play like a selfish individual on a team.

This Pats team now has an established power run game.  This is now the best and most versatile running game the Pats have had under the Belichick/Brady era because they got Blount, Ridley and Vereen.  In fact Blount is more a power runner than Corey Dillon.  If the Pats were to have had this run game back in 2007 they could have won the Super Bowl.  This Pats team is now more dangerous because it allows them to open up the pass.  The Broncos will be forced now to load up the box to try to stop the Pats' run game and Brady can exploit that.  Brady has been missing a run game for years.  Way too much emphasis and pressure in the past was put on Brady's shoulders to carry the team with his arm which made their offense a one dimensional offense.

I like, trust and respect this Patriots team more than the 2007 Pats team which was made up of more prima donnas and egos.  This Patriots team is similar to the Red Sox that won the world series....a bunch of guys who aren't famous who are trying hard and playing as a team.  This Pats team is more a "team" than their past teams.  Talent is overrated if you play like a selfish individual on a team.

This Pats team now has an established power run game.  This is now the best and most versatile running game the Pats have had under the Belichick/Brady era because they got Blount, Ridley and Vereen.  In fact Blount is more a power runner than Corey Dillon.  If the Pats were to have had this run game back in 2007 they could have won the Super Bowl.  This Pats team is now more dangerous because it allows them to open up the pass.  The Broncos will be forced now to load up the box to try to stop the Pats' run game and Brady can exploit that.  Brady has been missing a run game for years.  Way too much emphasis and pressure in the past was put on Brady's shoulders to carry the team with his arm which made their offense a one dimensional offense.

We'll see but considering so many mediocre RBs had their career days on Colts run defense Blount might be overrated. Shonn Greene burnt Colts every time they played but he was mediocre at best. Peyton Hillis had a terrible season in 2011 with the Browns but his best game of that year was at Indy. That same year Blount at TB struggled whole yr but had his best game against Indy as well. Colts just never matched up well against physical RBs.