Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Should we make a trade for a pick?

Rob Lowe

With the large number of talented receivers available in this draft, I'd love to be able to make a trade to get a 1st or 2nd round pick and grab one of them. Watkins, Moncrief, Evans, Lee, etc. would make a great addition to our young offense and as an eventual replacement for Da'Rick. Is it likely that we'll make a move?

If we were going to draft a receiver we might as well go all out and trade our 2nd and 3rd for a 1st and get Watkins. More than likely though some big name will drop. Look at Kennan Allen last year.

Our 2nd and 3rd pick wouldn't even get us to the last pick of the first round.  Honestly I don't think there's any way to move up without giving up next year's first.  So it would have to be pretty much a can't miss prospect that somehow slipped to the top of the 2nd round that they felt was worth a 1st and a 2nd round pick.

I would rather use the draft for WRs or DBs

Use the salary for OLine and Defense.

We don't have many draft picks, so i wouldn't waste them.

Grigson did a good job last season, not much this season.

2012: Luck, Hilton, Allen, Ballard (around 800 yds rushing, same as richardson)

No.     On several levels,  no.

First,   we don't have the tradable assets to move up.    What are we going to give to move up to get this WR?   Seriously.

Second....    we have lots and lots and lots of other needs that we have to address....   or didn't you see the game Saturday night vs. NE or the first half vs. KC???

We need all the assets that we can get.

A great team isn't built in a year....   or even three years...    but we need to surround Luck with a LOT more talent.

We need to hold on to the valuable assets that we have.     Plenty of good WR's have been found in R2 or later......

I would rather use the draft for WRs or DBs

Use the salary for OLine and Defense.

We don't have many draft picks, so i wouldn't waste them.

Grigson did a good job last season, not much this season.

2012: Luck, Hilton, Allen, Ballard (around 800 yds rushing, same as richardson)

1)I look for another mid-level FA acquisition at WR(Nicks? or Edelman?!?!? gasp!) a la DHB and Avery in previous years.  With Reggie back, and the emergence of Whalen, and Rogers+ the continued development of Brazill and Hilton, our WR stable is pretty good.

2)I'm deeply concerned about Grig's talent evaluation at the OLine and Dline positions.  The guys he has brought in on O-line-  McGlynn, Satele, Winston, Thornton, Thomas, Cherilus, and Holmes in the last two season does not a monster build.  On D-line Redding, Chapman, Hughes, Franklin, Jean-Francois, McKinney, again...  underwhelming.

I hope to see a big portion of the monster being built this year via draft and FA.  Mr Irsay, open up your walllet  and pony up for some big uglies.   Sign Alex Mack and draft another lineman(Steen OG Alabama?), Sign the biggest immoveable object at DT(Melton?) and another DE (Hardy?)

3)I think Bethea comes back at a reduced rate.

4)We need an Inside LB(Brandon Spikes?) to play alongside Freeman.  Or is our LB in this year's draft?

5)We need a third veteran RB(Ben Tate?) or draft pick

6)Resign Davis.  Part ways with Toler and sign another veteran(Talib?)

With the large number of talented receivers available in this draft, I'd love to be able to make a trade to get a 1st or 2nd round pick and grab one of them. Watkins, Moncrief, Evans, Lee, etc. would make a great addition to our young offense and as an eventual replacement for Da'Rick. Is it likely that we'll make a move?

We have nothing worthwhile to trade up with, it's not happening. WR really isn't the biggest issue too. 

No... Rogers can't be replaced.

do we need to draft a wr?      1. wayne

2. hilton

3. brazill

4. rodgers

5. whalen

I wouldn't mind allen hurns in the 7th. but with allen coming back won't we run more two tight end sets anyway?

i honestly feel TRICH will make everyone eat their words and everyone who was hating on him will be jumping on his bandwagon. He was a stud in college and he was good in cleveland. He also had a better line. Brown is a better runner with this oline. we get a better oline and I bet Richardson will make everyone eat their words

We don't have anything to offer really, nothing were willing to trade anyway.

Yeah, it would probably take a pretty good player (like Fleener or Allen) and a 3rd or 4th rounder to get into the bottom half of the first round.  I wouldn't do that unless Grigson doesn't think he'll be able to sign all of Luck, TY, Fleener, and Allen in a couple years -- and would lose one of the TEs to FA anyway.   Ballard and Richard will also be FA in that year, but I don't see either of them having trade value this year.

For the record, I wouldn't do that trade.  Just saying that's probably what it would take unless you give up next years 1st.

i honestly feel TRICH will make everyone eat their words and everyone who was hating on him will be jumping on his bandwagon. He was a stud in college and he was good in cleveland. He also had a better line. Brown is a better runner with this oline. we get a better oline and I bet Richardson will make everyone eat their words

Care to quantify the production you're expecting that would cause "everyone to eat their words"?  Just curious what you're expecting.