Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What can we do to improve our Defense?

Rob Lowe

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hire another teams defense...from anywhere....somewhere....It dont matter at his point where.......and have that team start a tackling clinic to teach our defense how to properly tackle, The awful tackling thats been going on just baffles me honestly...And then there is the case of Manusky....I wont even start on that

Well it starts with what we do with guys like Davis and Bethea.  If we let them walk you have to replace them. 

We are going to need a middle linebacker or too because I don't think we are bringing back Conner or Angerer. 

Werner needs to take another step forward like he was starting to do towards the end of the season before he disappeared in the playoffs. 

We need a big run stuffing DT in the middle.  I think Cody from the Ravens might be a target there.  He's a free agent and young and Pagano coached him so he would fit the defense. 

We just need to find more play makers like we have in Mathis.  He's the only guy on our defense right now that I think other teams fear.  Honestly I think we have just a lot of solid guys and very few play makers on that side of the ball althought Freeman is going to become one I think. 

Rex Ryan is not getting fired

neither is Manusky.  

What can we do? 

-Chapman moved into starting role and have Franklin back him up or bring in a backup to develop (may already have that with Pendleton)

-Bring in a solid #2 Cb that can stay healthy if they don't think Toler can do that

-Upgrades at ILB and DL depth

we need a big draft this offseason.  Our scouts need to find those big safeties that are borderline LB size that can cover TEs and allow us to do multiple things without changing personnel.  bring in a top C and RG  and maybe even a LT (i honestly feel AC may not be consistent enough) but most importantly we need to get healthy.

Well we need to part ways with Landry and Toler for sure. Spend money wisely, and honestly, I think we need to move on from Manusky.

Landry is going nowhere.   He was given too large of a signing bonus to be cut after one year.  There would be too much dead cap space.  We have him for at least one more year.

I wonder if Landry may have not been fully healthy down the stretch, He was awesome the first of the year. He's never going to be great in coverage though. I wish we had a safety like Earl Thomas so bad. That dude was ballin in the Seahawks and Saints game.

Who can we sign, what trades can be paid, what DC will be available, etc. Manunsky or whatever that goofs name is has to go. 87 points in two playoff games. Ridiculous. Cannot stop the run or defend the slants.

keep them off the field and start strong on offense and quit falling behind every game