Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Any chance the Chargers go on to beat the Bengals and Broncos?

AllYouNeedIsLuck

They just took the lead on Cincy and it looks to be a game they can win. 

If they could beat the Broncos even in its slim chance, we would have a home AFC championship game if we beat the Pats. 

So if the Chargers win this game (still very early. don't think they will), what are the chances they beat the Broncos? Is there a chance? 10%? 5? less?

Edit: sorry. mods put this under nfl general. thanks!

Yes, there is a chance but history is not in the Chargers favor.

2008, Colts beat chargers in their place but lost the playoff game in their place

2009, Jets beat Colts in Indy (resting starters game) but lost the playoff game in our place

2010, Jets beat Pitt in Pitt in regular season but lost the AFCCG at Pitt

It is mighty hard to beat a team twice in their own place. Splits or a sweep in favor of the home team is the norm. A sweep for the road team is absolutely rare.

There is a shot and I would root for it like in 2006 to host our current kryptonite in the playoffs.

But, if there is an upset in the divisional I think it's more likely to be Luck OVER Brady.......:) Now how about that.

I think the universe would stand still if we got Luck vs. Manning with the right to go to the SB.

Didn't you have to front money for 2 games in advance while buying a playoff ticket?

Sure did.  Had to pay for yesterday's game and the AFCCG.  They sent tickets for both games in the mail.  If the AFCCG isn't played here in Indy, the money go to next year's tickets. 

I think the universe would stand still if we got Luck vs. Manning with the right to go to the SB.

Irsay would probably fly about 100 charter planes/choppers over Denver's stadium to make it windy if a Colts-Broncos AFCCG happened, LOL.

Irsay would probably fly about 100 charter planes/choppers over Denver's stadium to make it windy if a Colts-Broncos AFCCG happened, LOL.

lmao

I think most always expected Manning vs. Brady. But, often we don't get the prediction right. If we get Luck vs. Peyton with the SB on the line.......oh my GOD. Holy drama at it's finest.

And if we lost I may be okay with it. Okay who am I kidding I would throw things.......

Jesus this postseason is WILD WILD WILD.

It's gonna be hard for the Bengals to comeback but just an observation. I really like Marvin Jones as a player.

Yeah, I really wanted the Colts to draft him (and felt the same with Kenny Stills this past draft)... but I'm very happy with Grigs picking TY instead.

Hope we beat the Pats and the Chargers beat the Broncos, but lose a few key players for our match up back here in the luke! :)

Weve seen Brady vs Manning enough already - time for something new!

Course Colts vs Denver for a chance to go to the SB would be pretty awesome too!  I could deal with that loss a lot better knowing Manning was getting another shot!

Wow I didn't even consider the possibility of the Colts hosting the AFCCG. The Chargers just beat a team that hadn't lost at home all year, and on paper, looked to be overmatched.

Rivers vs Manning has always been a bad matchup for Manning, so that trend could continue...

We'll see I guess. The playoffs are rowdy this year!

Wow I didn't even consider the possibility of the Colts hosting the AFCCG. The Chargers just beat a team that hadn't lost at home all year, and on paper, looked to be overmatched.

Rivers vs Manning has always been a bad matchup for Manning, so that trend could continue...

We'll see I guess. The playoffs are rowdy this year!

Rivers has never played against manning....they are both QBs.....gotta get away from that...

Rivers has never played against manning....they are both QBs.....gotta get away from that...

I say Rivers is a bad matchup for Peyton because he has great offensive weapons around him, and he's capable of matching Manning's production if the game were to turn into a shootout. He's already proven that at Manning's expense a few times now.

So no, I don't need to "get away from that."