Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bill Polian Just Listed 8 Playoff QB's Who Can Win By Themselves...

presto123

The most amazing but under reported story was the immediate rise of the Colts post Polian. We were left so cash strapped, we relied on a bunch of cast offs and rookies yet went 11-5 last season. Amazing given rookie QB, RB, two TEs, #2 a Receiver.....we were left in such a hole our all everything QB was let go, our up and coming receiver bolted to RG3 land, and the only veteran FA was what was considered nearly over the hill. Polian can be sour all he wants, but when you look at the facts on the shape of the team upon his dismissal, you have to wonder in amazement how Grigson pulled it all together. Like I said - it's amazing.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i have always defended bp here, but i just couldn't believe the list he used with kaepernick and wilson, and not luck. then mentioning newton and dalton without a word said about luck. the other day he was talking about pass rushing difference makers (or something like that) and never mentioned mathis, you have to disregard anything that he says that may include the colts or their players. my god is he bitter!

Difference is that we don't get paid to give a presumably objective opinion.

This is true. I don't think that any of them are truly unbiased. The ex-players are some of the worst, but at least they don't pretend otherwise.

I was going to say that the hosts do better, but then I remembered that Nicole Zaloumis' brain starts skipping like a scratched record whenever Tom Brady is the topic.

I get that Rivers had a good year, but he blew a ton of games in recent years.

Either way, it doesn't really matter, Polian's got the right to be mad at the organization that canned him.

Then again, who cares?

Russell Wilson and Colin Kaepernick included and Luck nowhere to be found. Even Phillip Rivers was on the list. Is it just me or does Bill still hold somewhat of a grudge against the Colts? I think there is nothing he would hate worse than the Colts to go all the way.

There is no doubt about it. He also hates how well Grigson has done and the way he's done it. 

Not a surprise. We can't hate on Bill Polian because if he didn't do such a bad job of preparing our team for the worst possible scenario, we wouldn't have Andrew Luck!

We would have Peyton for 3 more years with no plan for the future...

Russell Wilson and Colin Kaepernick included and Luck nowhere to be found. Even Phillip Rivers was on the list. Is it just me or does Bill still hold somewhat of a grudge against the Colts? I think there is nothing he would hate worse than the Colts to go all the way.

I heard Polian on the radio this morning and he had the Colts as a possible Super Bowl contender because as he put it....

"Andrew can work his magic at any time...."

So,  I'm scratching my head that Luck wasn't mentioned in another piece.....

Doesn't make sense......

He favors the Colts this week and thinks we've got a shot at the Super Bowl because of Luck....

Doesn't sound like a guy who who hates either Indy or Luck.....

I heard Polian on the radio this morning and he had the Colts as a possible Super Bowl contender because as he put it....

"Andrew can work his magic at any time...."

So,  I'm scratching my head that Luck wasn't mentioned in another piece.....

Doesn't make sense......

He favors the Colts this week and thinks we've got a shot at the Super Bowl because of Luck....

Doesn't sound like a guy who who hates either Indy or Luck.....

I think maybe too much is being made of this; I didn't see/hear the comments, but it's possible that it was simply an oversight. I don't know.

But it's become fairly obvious that he's harboring resentment toward Irsay (if not the Colts altogether), especially since Irsay's Twitter controversy before the Denver game. 

I think maybe too much is being made of this; I didn't see/hear the comments, but it's possible that it was simply an oversight. I don't know.

But it's become fairly obvious that he's harboring resentment toward Irsay (if not the Colts altogether), especially since Irsay's Twitter controversy before the Denver game. 

He does I don't watch ESPN much during football season but when I flip through and he's on and I stop for a second he almost always finds a way to bring up the fact the Colts fired him. 

With that said I also agree too much is being made out of this.  The truth is most QBs who get their teams to the playoffs could be called on to win a game "by himself" other than maybe Alex Smith and Polian can't say every QB can do that.  So he picks some of them and highlights them. 

People need to put the rabbit ears away when our QBs are being talked about or not being talked about and as has been pointed out by others in this thread namely Jules this is a problem that goes back beyond Luck.  Our fan base is extremely sensitive to lack of praise for our QBs. 

He does I don't watch ESPN much during football season but when I flip through and he's on and I stop for a second he almost always finds a way to bring up the fact the Colts fired him. 

With that said I also agree too much is being made out of this.  The truth is most QBs who get their teams to the playoffs could be called on to win a game "by himself" other than maybe Alex Smith and Polian can't say every QB can do that.  So he picks some of them and highlights them. 

People need to put the rabbit ears away when our QBs are being talked about or not being talked about and as has been pointed out by others in this thread namely Jules this is a problem that goes back beyond Luck.  Our fan base is extremely sensitive to lack of praise for our QBs. 

In this case, I think some are being overly sensitive. But I think it was mostly a different story with Manning, and it had more to do with the postseason criticisms and comparisons to Tom Brady. Either way, it's best not to get ones undergarments in a twist over what some talking head says in a 30 second sound bite on cable TV.

Polilan is bitter because he got canned together with his son....They didn't deserve to be a colt anyways. They were both riding on the gravy train. I don't understand why he created another position for himself as Vice Chairman....What is this title mean? He got fired anyway, he was never a people person, couldn't and wouldn't answer his critics....I say, move on Polian and quit holding a grudge.....you *.