Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

why I believe bradshaw and not brown will be resigned

CR91

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only one who thinks we should keep Choice? 

Richardson isn't going anywhere for awhile. Ballard will be back as well. 

I think Brown will be shown a contract, but someone will offer him more. 

No way Bradshaw gets resigned, unless it's a super low figure and he accepts. I love his ability, but he's hurt too often. 

I would love to keep DB, now that he is finally being used in a manner which utilizes his talents.  However, $ facts are $ facts. 

If $'s are driving the transaction, there must be a very good interior offensive lineman who's in his contract year who would be a major asset addition for us, but whose team doesn't want to pony-up for him, but would love to pony-up for DB.  Let's go find that trade, or work for a late 2 or early 3 draft.

DB is an unrestricted free agent at the end of the year.   You can't trade what you don't have.

The Colts have just scratched the surface of what DB is capable of. Its always "well take away the 51 yd run he had and what would his avg yd per carry be?" He`s the only running back the Colts have that can take it to the house! Not comparing him to the great ones but how many bad runs did say Barry Sanders have before he`d break one? Chris Johnson the same. Sometimes its those one or two plays that are difference makers in a game. DB has shown he can make them. None of the mentioned players other than Luck being re-signed down the road are difference makers like DB. Sign him

Right..  

Brown has gotten a bad "wrap" since he hit town.    He is a really good player "when he is healthy" .. 

Brad...    it's over.. 

Ballard, Brown, and TRich in 2014..     That is a very tasty backfield.

Let me see.  We will cut our most productive RB and sign the oft injured Bradshaw who lasted 2 games.  Not.

"next to nothing"...   sigh....

Brown shown next to nothing his first year or so.     T Rich will be fine.

T Rich has actually been very good in the passing game. 

Hopefully the Colts can keep Brown...1) Ballard is coming back from injury. 2) Richardson has shown next to nothing.

"next to nothing"...   sigh....

Brown shown next to nothing his first year or so.     T Rich will be fine.

T Rich has actually been very good in the passing game.

If his name was Delone Carter and averaging 2.9 yards a carry I highly doubt I would have gotten a "sigh". Richardson has kinda stunk so far, but that doesn't mean he can't improve next year....but I don't wanna bet on that without Brown.

And Brown always showed promise.

I would let all those guys go. Resign vontae and vinatieri. But then we have the running back issue again. I'm sure Brown would come back with a cheap contract. He's no revis asking for big money.

I say we worry about this season, then worry about it in the offseason

IDK what will happen but finding a running back late in the draft happens al the time (Ballard, Zack Stacy, hey how bout Arian Foster, the redskins back rookie back last year, etc.). I like Brown a lot and even though I think RB is absolutely the last position you should overpay for I would be tempted to resign Brown because that guy is a football player, his not afraid of the dirty work, he's a quality person who put the team ahead of himself. All that said I'm glad I don't have to negotiate that deal. As for Bradshaw, I think he has the same injury as Chris Spielman and you're not going to come back and play RB or LB with that injury. Bradshaw is on very barrowed time if he comes back. If we don't improve our line we'll never be a good running team and if we do we'll find lots of good backs that can move the chains by committee for less $$$.

Ballard, TRich and a draft/FA acquisition.

Can't see Grigs over-paying Brown when he never had that much confidence in him anyway.  If he did, what the heck was the Bradshaw signing and TRich trade about?  Personally, I would like to see Bradshaw back again. 

Spend money on the line already!

I would wager that we will resign Bradshaw and run with a RB Corps of

Richardson

Bradshaw

Ballard 

Rainey

My reasoning behind using four roster spots on RBs

Richardson is our future workhorse back. We spent a 1st round pick on him, he's not going anywhere.

Bradshaw/Ballard- These two guys both function in the same role, but both are coming off of injuries. I think we use both in a complement role to each other. I also think that Bradshaw's experience is well worth the money, and he can help Ballard and Richardson both mature into a tandem  as Marshawn Lynch and Ben Tate.

Rainey- Best Kick Returner on roster, due to his quick injury his contract will also be cheap. His role will be to replace Brown in the lineup as well as a scat back. 

I would wager that we will resign Bradshaw and run with a RB Corps of

Richardson

Bradshaw

Ballard 

Rainey

My reasoning behind using four roster spots on RBs

Richardson is our future workhorse back. We spent a 1st round pick on him, he's not going anywhere.

Bradshaw/Ballard- These two guys both function in the same role, but both are coming off of injuries. I think we use both in a complement role to each other. I also think that Bradshaw's experience is well worth the money, and he can help Ballard and Richardson both mature into a tandem  as Marshawn Lynch and Ben Tate.

Rainey- Best Kick Returner on roster, due to his quick injury his contract will also be cheap. His role will be to replace Brown in the lineup as well as a scat back. 

Rainey fumbled away his chance in Indy imo.

Rainey fumbled away his chance in Indy imo.

He fumbled twice on punt returns, so what? He's a second year player who is solid at KICK returning. Griff can take over punts and Rainey had SIX returns as a Colt, and four of them went for more than 20 yards. He'll be back.

He fumbled twice on punt returns, so what? He's a second year player who is solid at KICK returning. Griff can take over punts and Rainey had SIX returns as a Colt, and four of them went for more than 20 yards. He'll be back.

20+ yards isn't really anything special.

20+ yards isn't really anything special.

Considering the precedent with Kick returners and the Indianapolis Colts (Reed and Vaughn), I think Rainey is our best bet moving forward. 

Even if his niche on the team is JUST as a kick returner, I'm okay with that. Better than watching Reed get a 20 yard return from -9 yards in the endzone every time he touches the ball.

I don't get why everyone thinks Brown is gonna demand some crazy contract; the guy's best year he ran for 645 yards. As for Bradshaw, sure he gets hurt every now and then, but he really balled out when he was out there....SF game ring a bell? Either way, neither guy should cost much more than a mil per year, and having a stable of backs is always a good and necessary thing. 

Richardson is averaging less than 3 yards a carry as a Colt. That's not to say I think he's bad, but Brown has absolutely been kicking his butt. Ballard, who we all like, had a pretty bad injury and we have no idea how he'll come back from that. I say re-sign both guys. Most teams carry 4 backs anyway, and at least one injury is bound to happen.

No one can be sure about this situation.  Lets think real quick.

As well as brown is playing now, this is his 4th year.  How many teams need a RB right now?

Brown also has his injury issues and could work on his pass blocking. I don't think Brown's market price is going to be that high.  What team is going to pay him a big contract?  We are good in salary cap numbers.  

Brown has a good chance to start even next year if he outplays the other RB.

Teams that need a RB: 

Patriots (Maybe), Browns (Maybe), Jaguars (Maybe), Giants, Falcons (Maybe), Titans (Depends if they keep Johnson)

Not a lots of team is in the market for a RB just yet.  

As much as i love Bradshaw, he's getting up there in age and has his fair shares of injuries.

I don't get where everyone is getting this idea that Brown is going to be some hot commodity, and get all these big contract offers ???

It's not like he has had a stellar career, and even this season he hasn't set the world on fire.  So unless he becomes a playoff superstar and carries us to a Super Bowl I just don't see Brown's big contract resume.

There are a lot of RBs with as good or better resumes coming out in FA in 2014: Moreno, Mendenhall, Tate, MJD, Jennings, etc ...

If for some odd reason he does get a big offer I don't think he will be that hard to replace .... BUT if we are thinking of picking up another RB anyway, which I would think we would since Ballard is a question mark coming off an injury and Richardson still has not proven he can go it alone, than why not just give the contract to Brown who we are familiar with and who knows the system.

Hopefully we can dump TRich for a middle round draft choice and keep Brown.

why not a low 1st to a team that has a good offensive line? that's all he needs to be a top rb and his salary is a bargain. teams should be lining up, no?

i would do the trade in a heartbeat!

Can always put the tag on Donald cause I don't see any other player worth using it on other than brown.

Brown won't be making that much money even if another team does offer him more than the Colts can offer.    V. Davis may very well get the tag this year.

why not a low 1st to a team that has a good offensive line? that's all he needs to be a top rb and his salary is a bargain. teams should be lining up, no?

i would do the trade in a heartbeat!

We wouldn't get a 1st out of him, Not even a 2nd

I have some concerns for next season but RB is not one of them. I hope Wayne,Allen, and Thomas come back completely healthy. Those three alone puts this team on a whole different level.

All us Colts fans know we need to upgrade the OL and this will be priority #1 in the off season. When that happens T. Rich wiill be fine. Trent if anything can really get a defense tired and hurt. He has the ability to punish a D even with a two yd gain. I'm not saying he was worth a first rd pick but I really believe we will be pleased with his play next year.