Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

why I believe bradshaw and not brown will be resigned

CR91

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rookie stats side by side go almost all to Trent.

Ballard looked better considering the line, the OC that barely tolerated the run game and dislikes throwing running backs the ball. But honestly, I didn't see TR play a whole lot last year. I have always liked the way Ballard runs the ball.

Rookie stats side by side go almost all to Trent.

Of course they would, Richardson had 58 more carries then Ballard and Ballard was only targeted 27 times on passes while Richardson was targeted 70 times, But with what we do know as far as there rookie years go, Richardson averaged 3.6 ypc while Ballard averaged 3.9, Given that fact if Ballard got the same number of carries he would have had more rushing yards

Ballard looked better considering the line, the OC that barely tolerated the run game and dislikes throwing running backs the ball. But honestly, I didn't see TR play a whole lot last year. I have always liked the way Ballard runs the ball.

Ballard is pretty fluid in his runs, not a whole lot of jump cutting, same for Brown and Bradshaw when he was healthy

Yeah the only thing Trent was better at was catching the ball and getting a lot of carries. 

I think Ballard ran great for us last year. Better than Trent has this year obviously. But it will be an interesting competition to watch come training camp next year for sure.

Of course they would, Richardson had 58 more carries then Ballard and Ballard was only targeted 27 times on passes while Richardson was targeted 70 times, But with what we do know as far as there rookie years go, Richardson averaged 3.6 ypc while Ballard averaged 3.9, Given that fact if Ballard got the same number of carries he would have had more rushing yards

I can't work with what would have happened, only with what did. Trent also had a tremendous amount of TDs last year as well. The benefit of being the number 1 option on his team, and the go to at the goal line, but still he managed them.

I'm sure Ballard's stats would look even better if he was starting the entire year, but alas he didn't.

Either way I don't think 58 more carries shows that Ballard is without question better than Trent.

I can't work with what would have happened, only with what did. Trent also had a tremendous amount of TDs last year as well. The benefit of being the number 1 option on his team, and the go to at the goal line, but still he managed them.

I'm sure Ballard's stats would look even better if he was starting the entire year, but alas he didn't.

Either way I don't think 58 more carries shows that Ballard is without question better than Trent.

"Either way I don't think 58 more carries shows that Ballard is without question better than Trent."

Agree. His vision and running style does