Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Greg Toler with possibly another setback/ Thursday full injury report

TKnight24

Looks as if Greg Toler may be out. We'll know for sure tomorrow

@CraigKColts: G.Toler not working Thu. could be troubling sign. Will wait for tomorrow for more definitive word. Practice outside 2day in cooler temps.

Also, here's the FULL practice report:

@CraigKColts: Colt Pr Rep-

DNP-Jean Francois, Link, S.Brown, Adongo, Reitz, Thornton, Franklin, Toler, Hughes, Hilton;

Full-Mathis,D.Brown, Satele,Brazill,Havili.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, Toler is becoming Bob Sanders2. I like him and think he's much better than some give him credit for, but if he's going to be injured all the time, then it's time to find somebody else. I don't want another Sanders on this team. It was infuriating seeing him injured all the time and it's starting to get that way with Toler.

And Powers is still playing?  I'd rather have Toler wait until he's 100% than try to get back early and get re-injured.

We need him for the playoffs.  It's almost better if he misses this game.  KC won't know his tendencies first hand if he plays later.

And Powers is still playing? I'd rather have Toler wait until he's 100% than try to get back early and get re-injured.

We need him for the playoffs. It's almost better if he misses this game. KC won't know his tendencies first hand if he plays later.

I don't know about you but I'm convinced it's an Indianapolis thing. Powers was hurt here, goes to Arizona doesn't even need a band-aid. I just don't understand it

Toler has already said he cant play through injuries like other guys do. He was at 90-95 percent a couple weeks ago according to his own words.  Must be one heck of a groin injury.  Maybe they should look a little closer to see if it's something more serious, at this point i won't be shocked if he misses the playoff game too.

well at least Brown, Brazil, & Havili are a go...

not sure what is worse Toler MISSING practice, or Satele at FULL participation...

The latter

And I say that because Reitz & Link didn't practice either. So that increases chances of Satele going back to C since we're short on Guards

Toler has already said he cant play through injuries like other guys do. He was at 90-95 percent a couple weeks ago according to his own words.  Must be one heck of a groin injury.  Maybe they should look a little closer to see if it's something more serious, at this point i won't be shocked if he misses the playoff game too.

That is not what he said.  He said the doctors won't clear him to play until he's 100%.

imo he should sit out until he is healed. if he plays hurt sometimes a player can hurt something else using different muscles because of the injury. rest get ready for the playoffs

I don't mind that.  And even though I think Toler is a big reason why the D played well in the first 6 games, he needs to get on the field or be let go this offseason.  Like Dungy used to say, the most important ability is availability.

If Grigson doesn't cut Toler and sign another CB (Shields) I'll be immediately upset with offseason moves. Toler is useless, can't guarantee good play from him, can only guarantee injuries. This is already as bad as Bob Sanders level.

No, it isn't. Not even remotely close to Bob Sanders in sideline street clothes injury territory yet. Has Toler been out for awhile? Sure, but identical to #21...Please...

If Grigson doesn't cut Toler and sign another CB (Shields) I'll be immediately upset with offseason moves. Toler is useless, can't guarantee good play from him, can only guarantee injuries. This is already as bad as Bob Sanders level.

Yeah, it seems like it is FINALLY time to cut our ties with Toler this off-season...we simply cannot afford to have him on our team...he seems VERY injury-prone...we just cannot count on him.

I don't mind that.  And even though I think Toler is a big reason why the D played well in the first 6 games, he needs to get on the field or be let go this offseason.  Like Dungy used to say, the most important ability is availability.

I agree. football takes a toll on the body, some players might have smaller bones, or stiffer tendons, or whatever makes them more fragile than other players, have to face it ,their body wont take it.i hope he is not one of those, he is good .

That is not what he said.  He said the doctors won't clear him to play until he's 100%.

That's not what he said.

He said "some dudes can play with there body a little off, i can't".   Maybe he means something other then playing through an injury but it seems pretty clear cut to me.

Yes. That's what I hope we do too. Sam Shields with Vontae would be deadly.

That's not what he said.

He said "some dudes can play with there body a little off, i can't".   Maybe he means something other then playing through an injury but it seems pretty clear cut to me.

I take it the doctors just agreed with him that he couldn't play,with this setback just from practice, I guess Toler is right.

Sucks, he seems talented but how can we rely on him?

Yep, time to cut Toler. He isn't worth the money if he can't do what every other player in the NFL does...Play through injuries. Especially if he is 90-95%, that's just ridiculous.

He was 90- 95 percent 3 weeks ago.  And he didn't play against the Bengals in what was a pretty big game at the time.

Ridiculous is right.  If Grigson knew the guy couldn't play at all unless he was 100 percent he should have spent the money elsewhere. It's the NFL, most guys are not 100 percent for an entire season, even Peyton Manning.