Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Trent Richardson's Take on His Performance So Far

HtownColt

IndyStar writer Stephen Holder got a chance to talk to Richardson earlier today and Richardson talked about his performance so far

Here is the story: http://archive.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2013311180053

A little clip from the article:

“I’m not frustrated at all because I think I’ve been playing good,” Richardson said. “If you turn on the film, I don’t have any missed assignments. I haven’t had any missed reads. I’ve been playing good. Stuff just hasn’t matched up like we thought it would when I’m in there. I think teams match up differently when I come in.

“But if (running back) Donald (Brown) is having a good day or (quarterback) Andrew (Luck) is having a good day, I think that’s a good day for me even if people are keying on me. That might let Donald get going or let Andrew have a big day. That’s a good day for me, too.”

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still believe Trent Richardson will be one of the top backs in the league soon, possibly as early as next season. If we open up holes for him, he is deadly and once he gets to the 2nd level he is deadly. Edjerrin James apprently sees something in him as well

Finally, found someone else who thinks like me.

Selfless player right there, I respect that. Only cares about the wins. Players like that are good people to be around :clap:

Keep at it Trent Richardson, we'll get this train movie sooner or later :thmup:

I was just gonna say that.  You want a guy to perform, but he is definitely more concerned with team wins than individual stats.

I was just gonna say that.  You want a guy to perform, but he is definitely more concerned with team wins than individual stats.

.....and cue all the people that will say it's because he can't get good individual stats

Good stats, bad stats, or somewhere in between as long as the Colts get the W I'm a happy man!

.....and cue all the people that will say it's because he can't get good individual stats

Good stats, bad stats, or somewhere in between as long as the Colts get the W I'm a happy man!

It is true that we are winning, but trent so far has had no part of it. In fact he might even be holding us back. I do hope he gets better next season with a full offseason under his belt but so far, he's only been a hindrance.

It is true that we are winning, but trent so far has had no part of it. In fact he might even be holding us back. I do hope he gets better next season with a full offseason under his belt but so far, he's only been a hindrance.

Yeah. I say judge him same time next year. If he's not producing, then he's a bust.

I thought the Colts made a good trade initially , but Richardson does not look good. If you had to judge him now, he would probably be worth a 2 or 3 instead of a 1 now. That being said, if it helps the Colts get a Super Bowl, than it would be worth the price. With all the injuries , they needed a running back , so I'm not going to hammer Irsay and Grigson for aggressively going after one. I agree, grade incomplete .

He's slow.    He's no good.   He takes no responsibility.

Here's another.

He's got no place to run.     No one here says he's missing the holes.    No one here says he should've cut left instead of right.

All people notice is he's getting stuffed and gang tackled.    

He's got no place to run.    Back will look slow and untalented when there's no place to run.     There's no reason for him to be worse for the Colts than he was for Browns.   No reason other than he's got no place to run.   I'm watching the games.  And when the replays give the end zone shot I'm not seeing any holes that TR is missing.    I see defenses that look like they know what's coming even before the ball is snapped.    We look well scouted in my opion.

I like the Colts throwing him short passes so he can operate in space.   I'd keep that up....

That's my story until I see something from a coach or front office type that says otherwise.....

For all of those still bashing Richardson....what's the point? We should be passed this now. He's a COLT.

Yes, he hasn't produced like we would've liked him to, but I'm all for forgetting the past and hoping for improvement in the future. By all accounts, he's working hard to understand this offense and improve his performance.

Like Tony Dungy says

@TonyDungy: “@blakebaum19: @TonyDungy @feeltheBURNS55 then how is Donald Brown running well?” Faster and quicker is better with smaller holes.

i saw that too and i agree ...kinda

" I think teams match up differently when I come in." Thats about the only reason (obviously i kinda agree on that) i havent quit on him just yet...but yea, he needs to produce soon

He catches balls and blocks. He really is the perfect compliment to DB! Trich will be fine running...and the price we pay goes down with every win.

This is the important thing, really. Where the Browns drafted him has no bearing, either. As long as we keep winning, the chances of a player being there who would have been better goes down...

T-Rich is a punishing type runner. He wears down defenses. That really should not be overlooked. No, he's no Csonka or Jim Brown, but he does wear down defenses when he runs.

If we can provide a good mix of getting him some aerial touches along with the ground & pound he will have more success.

IndyStar writer Stephen Holder got a chance to talk to Richardson earlier today and Richardson talked about his performance so far

Here is the story: http://archive.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2013311180053

A little clip from the article:

“I’m not frustrated at all because I think I’ve been playing good,” Richardson said. “If you turn on the film, I don’t have any missed assignments. I haven’t had any missed reads. I’ve been playing good. Stuff just hasn’t matched up like we thought it would when I’m in there. I think teams match up differently when I come in.

“But if (running back) Donald (Brown) is having a good day or (quarterback) Andrew (Luck) is having a good day, I think that’s a good day for me even if people are keying on me. That might let Donald get going or let Andrew have a big day. That’s a good day for me, too.”

That's the BIGGER PICTURE I BEEN SAYING FOR SO LONG!! Im just SO glad T.RICH understands exactly that,  And can laugh at all the stupid talk and the haters.   People are so quick to label the Richardson Trade a bust for Colts because a low ypc, But if the other teams sell out on the run just to stop T.RICH, then it's mission accomplished because It opens up EVERYTHING ELSE!!   IM SO GLAD HE AND THE COACHES GET IT.  Oh something else....WE'RE WINNING!!!

I am not sure about Trent's answer.

He really hasn't been running the ball well and that is both equally on him and the offensive line, and it doesn't help his case when Donald has a very good day.

He blocks and catches passes well, but I am a little surprised he doesn't take some blame for his own ineffectiveness.

Finally, found someone else who thinks like me.

I am right there along with you. I think he will be great. Maybe we need some personnel built to his strengths and a training camp to get the team gelling for the run.

Imagine where we would be right now if we had not made the trade... I don't think Donald Brown does anything remotely close to what he is doing right now without TRich in the Blue and White.

I personally like TRich's outlook on his contributions... best of luck to him when he breaks one off... and congrats in advance.

I am right there along with you. I think he will be great. Maybe we need some personnel built to his strengths and a training camp to get the team gelling for the run.

Imagine where we would be right now if we had not made the trade... I don't think Donald Brown does anything remotely close to what he is doing right now without TRich in the Blue and White.

I personally like TRich's outlook on his contributions... best of luck to him when he breaks one off... and congrats in advance.

Without him? 7-3

I’m not frustrated at all because I think I’ve been playing good,” Richardson said. “If you turn on the film, I don’t have any missed assignments. I haven’t had any missed reads. I’ve been playing good. Stuff just hasn’t matched up like we thought it would when I’m in there. I think teams match up differently when I come in.

:funny: seriously Trent who do ya think your fooling buddy? if you really believe what you say then your likely not studying the playbook much

We wasted a pick on TRich.......so many people are making excuses for him............he just isn't getting it done.....why does every play have to be "perfectly" blocked for TRich?  That's not realistic......

..Let's just put it this way, what would you rather have.......WHO would you rather have.........

Brown 5.9 ypc

Ballard 4.8 ypc

Bradshaw 4.5 ypc

Richardson 2.8 ypc

E-Nuff said..........!

Glad to see some Donald Brown in this thread....

The same Donald Brown that many here on Colts.com and some in this very thread wanted off our roster because he SUCKS!!

Except,  he doesn't.    And now everyone LOVES Donald Brown.

At some point, perhaps the same will happen for Trent Richardson.  

I, for one, will not be surprised.....