Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What RB's do we keep next year?

Legend of Luck

I've been sitting  here thinking to myself about what our RB position group will look like next year. 

Currently, we have:

Trent Richardson

Ahmad Bradshaw

Vick Ballard

Donald Brown

Dan Herron

So my question to you all is, what do you think it will look like next year? Who stays? Who goes? What do you WANT it to be?

Personally, If we could *afford* to keep all of them, I would. I think the 1-2 punch of Trent and Ahmad would be so booost. --(Pronounced  Bow-st, aka amazing, incredible, too good for words). :)

Richardson

Ballard

It's a coin toss between Brown and Bradshaw. 

Herron might stay for ST purposes. Idk.

Richardson and Ballard are both going to be here for the long haul. I would pick Brown over Bradshaw. Brown has been here and as a fan I like that he's finally doing well here and glad that fans got more of a return on the investment into him as a player. Brown is also out there now and able to continue to help while Bradshaw is injured for what seems like the billionth time in his career.

Does anyone think the Colts could potentially shop Ballard? If so at what price?

If we were forced to trade him then a 3rd. I would much rather keep him especially since he is on such a cheap contract. I think this points more toward the ability to run the ball and then run some more. Richardson also has some previous injuries so its good to have insurance. If you run Richardson and Ballard, keep Donald Brown as a change of pace RB and let Luck air it out on play action. This is all dependent on much better interior line play and I would like it if Luck had more weapons.

I think Bradshaw is done.  His injury history is just too extensive to keep around.

Richardson and Ballard are keepers.  Brown is a question mark.  I should think we could draft an RB in the later rounds for a change of pace back.  But I'd be open to keeping Brown if the contract is low.  

Richardson, Ballard, and Bradshaw would be formidable.

Brown looks good, but I think he's priced himself out of a return next year.

I think the league realizes that Brown is still just a change of pace back. If Donald is your main running back then you probably aren't going to be running very much unless its from draws, delays, etc. I cant think of a single change of pace back that has or even could command significant dollars outside of Sproles.  I might be missing someone though. I think Donald's contract would be rather modest. I'd let Bradshaw go, you cant help the team if you're always hurt.

Thats easy, ballard brown bradshaw

So you traded away a first round draft pick for Trent and then you will let him go without even giving him a full season and training camp to see what he can do. I am not the biggest fan of Trent, but getting rid of him without even seeing what he can do with a training camp and a full season is a bit premature.

Ideally I would love to see Ballard, Bradshaw, and Trent back if those two were healthy, but I highly doubt both will be healthy enough to warrant a financial investment.  Trent, Brown, and one of either Ballard/Bradshaw or a later round pick in the draft.

Trent Richardson

Donald Brown

Not sure what Vick Ballard will do off the ACL. Not everybody can do what AP did.

Ahmad Bradshaw is probably done. Think he's approaching 30 soon as well.

But when Ryan Grigson is your GM, you just never know

Might mess around & steal Ray Rice from the Ravens

If Bradshaw can come back, and we can re-sign Brown to a decent contract..keep all 4..we all have seen two backs go down this year. Better to be safe than sorry and keep Havili..he hasn't done anything to decrease his stock both blocking, receiving and special teams...and who knows, we could try a backfield of both T-Rich and Bradshaw, with either back blocking for the other occasionally.

There is no guarantee that Ballard comes back healthy by the first of the season. Bradshaw has always been injury prone but he is a veteren that shows leadership. Brown I do think if he continues will play himself into a higher contract that we may not be wanting to match. I anticipate bringing all 4 back if they can fit under the cap. Bradshaw/Ballard carried on IR or whatever if they aren't healthy....RBs take a pounding...we need healthy bodies. If Bradshaw is done we will bring in an undrafted rookie.

I think the league realizes that Brown is still just a change of pace back. If Donald is your main running back then you probably aren't going to be running very much unless its from draws, delays, etc. I cant think of a single change of pace back that has or even could command significant dollars outside of Sproles.  I might be missing someone though. I think Donald's contract would be rather modest. I'd let Bradshaw go, you cant help the team if you're always hurt.

Probably true. I don't see us resigning him before he tests the market though. It'd be nice to get him back cheap.

I liked Bradshaw alot as the backup. Definitely hurt too much, but he'd be valuable on limited carries.

T-Rich & Ballard being here next year is a near-guarantee.

I like DB and what he brings to the group, so I'd like him to return. I honestly hope he hasn't priced himself outcoming back, but I would understand if he did. I'd be more open to drafting a RB than paying for another year of Bradshaw.