Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hakeem Nicks trade possibilities [Merge]

chad72

Time to see what the future WR group has to offer. TY, Brazzil,DHB and Fleener. Guys will have to step up the game and see if these are the future players who can step up to the plate. Rodgers would be a great addition to the roster as well and see if he can play in the NFL or is he just a measurables guy?

God I hope RW's career isn't over :(

Isn't Hakeem Nicks injured all the time? I don't think he is a good option. Not to mention we have seen how difficult it is bringing in a new guy during the season with T-Rich. I prefer just to start using what we have more and making TY the #1. I like Josh Gordon, but the fact he won't know the playbook will hurt us.

I think this could be TY's time to shine. Brazill should be used in more sets and maybe throw Rogers in here and there to see what he can do.

Isn't Hakeem Nicks injured all the time? I don't think he is a good option. Not to mention we have seen how difficult it is bringing in a new guy during the season with T-Rich. I prefer just to start using what we have more and making TY the #1. I like Josh Gordon, but the fact he won't know the playbook will hurt us.

I think this could be TY's time to shine. Brazill should be used in more sets and maybe throw Rogers in here and there to see what he can do.

I'm not worried about now. DHB could start at the 1, TY at the 2, etc. When the playoffs come around I think the Colts will need another outside receiver. Gordon will have had time to learn the playbook and hopefully make an impact

Maybe the Giants might be willing to give up Hakeem Nicks for a 3rd, probably because of his injury history

If Reggie is out for a lot of games, wouldn't the bye week be a good time to make the move?

Thoughts on giving up a 3rd???

honestly at this point we need to explore all opportunities at the WR position. with Reggie being quoted in saying he is done for the year with a torn ACL we need a WR. just as much as we needed a RB after Bradshaw and Ballard went down for the year. but before trading for a WR why not see what is out there in free agency that we can get for the rest of the season 

I'm not worried about now. DHB could start at the 1, TY at the 2, etc. When the playoffs come around I think the Colts will need another outside receiver. Gordon will have had time to learn the playbook and hopefully make an impact

DHB??? that is like throwing at a brick wall. yeah he has made some nice catches but he has also dropped passes that were right in his hands. def not a # 1 WR. Hilton would be better, then bring back Palmer. 

Hilton

DHB

Brazill

Whalen

Palmer

but any colts fan would be in denial if they say losing wayne is not going to hurt us in the long run. because it will. Wayne was Lucks security blanket. after giving up our first rounder at another position of need after both Ballard and Bradshaw went down, i really wouldnt want to trade away another draft pick. especially one as early as the 3rd round. wonder if we could pry Devin hester away from the bears for something like a 5th rounder and Satelle lol. (sarcasm)

what is everyone's thoughts on trying to trade for Miles Austin?? yeah he has been injury prone the last couple of year but so has nicks. but a  4th rounder for Austin who is under contract until the end of the 2016 season would not be to bad. and with the emergence of terrance williams and cole beasley and already having star studded Dez Bryant and their TE Jason Witten im sure they would part with Austin.  this is just throwing another name out there is all. because in all honesty we will not get someone to fill Wayne's shoes who is just as good or even close to as good as him with out giving up a first rounder (which we no longer have) or a 2nd rounder (which would be suicide to the future of a young team)

DHB??? that is like throwing at a brick wall. yeah he has made some nice catches but he has also dropped passes that were right in his hands. def not a # 1 WR. Hilton would be better, then bring back Palmer.

Hilton

DHB

Brazill

Whalen

Palmer

but any colts fan would be in denial if they say losing wayne is not going to hurt us in the long run. because it will. Wayne was Lucks security blanket. after giving up our first rounder at another position of need after both Ballard and Bradshaw went down, i really wouldnt want to trade away another draft pick. especially one as early as the 3rd round. wonder if we could pry Devin hester away from the bears for something like a 5th rounder and Satelle lol. (sarcasm)

Palmer had a knee injury in camp. Anyone know the extent of it

GRIGS needs to pull off a miracle for us to win any playoff games and get a legit receiver.  No Reggie, no playoff wins UNLESS Grigs gets busy NOW!!!!!!!! Pick up the phone NOW and make a trade for our #1 two years from now and get a receiver that is the BOMB, DHB will keep dropping passes.

Trading a 1 for Richardson already hurt us

I would disagree. I think he still can grow as a player. I just don't think it rectifies anything if we trade him for a player that could be gotten for a 3. If that was going to be the end result trade the 3 straight off and keep the 1. Trent has been here for all of 5 games and everyone is giving up on him.

I wonder how Da'Rick Rogers is coming along, I think Grigson tries to trade for a big name wr if Reggie is out for the year

Like I said, I'm not sold that he has the potential everyone says he has.  If you are Grigson and you have that kind of guy with that kind of potential, no way do you let him sit on the practice squad where he could be signed by any team in need of a WR.  You keep him on your roster. . . You are only paying him the NFL min anyways.

I say that, but I would love nothing more then Da'Rick Rodgers to go out there and prove me wrong, just as long as he's got the Horseshoe on his helmet while doing it.  

Hilton

DHB

Brazill

Whalen

Palmer

Reggie has more dropped passes and a higher drop% than DHB this year.  Not saying DHB is better, but if you're going to criticize DHB for drops in an attempt to downplay him as compared to Reggie, it would be inaccurate.

Reggie has more dropped passes and a higher drop% than DHB this year.  Not saying DHB is better, but if you're going to criticize DHB for drops in an attempt to downplay him as compared to Reggie, it would be inaccurate.

okay giving that reggie has more dropped passes and higher drop % then DHB this year, who would you trust more to make the big catch to save a win or save the season?? DHB or Wayne? in a way though it's a little more misleading due to Wayne being targeted 20 more times then DHB. im not saying DHB is a bad player, he could be very good if he would learn to stop trying to catch the ball with his body and more his hands. love his speed, love his size though. quite honestly though i rather go with what we have at receiver. I still believe we can go pretty far without wayne this year. as long as we dont lose another player on offense. 

Guest TeamLoloJones

okay giving that reggie has more dropped passes and higher drop % then DHB this year, who would you trust more to make the big catch to save a win or save the season?? DHB or Wayne? in a way though it's a little more misleading due to Wayne being targeted 20 more times then DHB. im not saying DHB is a bad player, he could be very good if he would learn to stop trying to catch the ball with his body and more his hands. love his speed, love his size though. quite honestly though i rather go with what we have at receiver. I still believe we can go pretty far without wayne this year. as long as we dont lose another player on offense. 

DHB would've had a TD vs. Seattle if Reggie didn't intercept it.  And if that end around last night tells us anything, it's that DHB is FAAASSSTTTT!

I'm with ya.  This might be our worst season injury-wise ever.  I can't remember too much before the pre-Faulk days, but if htis year isn't the worst injury-wise, it's close.

And as for DHB/Wayne, of course I'd rather Wayne have to make the catch.  Unfortunately, that's not an option anymore.  So it looks like DHB, or whomever gets the targets will have to step up. 

DHB would've had a TD vs. Seattle if Reggie didn't intercept it.  And if that end around last night tells us anything, it's that DHB is FAAASSSTTTT!

yeah he is fast, but speed will only get you so far unless he learns to catch more of the passes thrown to him especially now that Wayne is done for the year. because i think him and hilton both could be a good duo at that position. 

for like a 4th or 5th rounder. NYG aren't making the playoffs, Nicks has been in trade rumors forever and he's a free agent this offseason. 

He's kind of like Reggie in that he doesn't have blazing speed but he has very good hands. Not quite as good as Reggie obviously but Nicks has gigantic hands and can go up for it when needed. Barring injury concern, he'd be a good reasonable pick up. 

Not sure I want to give a 2nd or anything better for Gordon. If then, might as well not show up to the draft lol