Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

More trades to come?

Dark Superman

I would almost think that is a definite yes.  I see Brown and Brazill being packaged together to a team needing offensive, specifically receiving help.  Brown might not be a good blocker but he is a great receiver out of the backfield. 

I think Brazill is on IR. Cant trade a guy on IR.

as coach George allen of the skins once said., when he traded most of their draft picks. THE FUTURE IS NOW!!

The draft is how you sustain long term success in this league.  Part of Polian's downfall was his inability to hit on the top tier picks that we had and left our pantry empty.  Free agency and trades are not going to sustain a long term plan for this team so hopefully he will be done because we are not ready to win a title this year.

At the offensive skill positions, the Colts are now stacked with great young talent...if we had even an AVERAGE caliber NFL starting Offensive Line...we would be scary good on Offense...unfortunately, we do not  

we are still rebuilding, its only tear 2 , that line will come but u cant fix / stock all positions all at one time

Some of you still don't get it.  Bradshaw is staying put for the year.  We need a punishing duo threat in the backfield who can also block on passing downs - AB and TR will probably split carries until TR learns the playbook. Then TR will get more carries - but count on AB still getting 10 carries a game.  I do agree that Brazil could be packaged with DB for a draft pick or OL help before the trade deadline.

I have to say that there are certain posters on this forum whose sole purpose in life is to complain.  We could be 2-0 and they'd still be complaining about something.  Bottom line is that we are a better team with TR....period.  Over the course of a season, he will be a difference maker in converting 3rd and short, scoring TDs in the red zone, and he will flourish in this offense.  Indy will put more pressure on opposing Ds because we'll now be even more difficult to gameplan against.  This will also open up more opportunities downfield for our WRs.  We'll continue to play hard and make a push towards the playoffs by seasons end.  That's worth being excited about.   

We should have tossed in our 2nd round pick to get either Mitchell Schwartz or Joe Thomas as well. It's great to get a player like Richardson, but that doesn't change our poor blocking.

You mean that "poor blocking" that has resulted in all 3 of our runningbacks averaging over 4 ypc and us having the 5th ranked rushing offense in the NFL?

You mean that "poor blocking" that has resulted in all 3 of our runningbacks averaging over 4 ypc and us having the 5th ranked rushing offense in the NFL?

People cannot look at numbers objectively. What this move does is allow us to play 2 WRs all the time and not need extra OL for blocking when your RB has to be respected for his power. We can use 2 TE/HB or 1 TE/1 FB for our running still with 2 WRs on the field all the time thus giving more options for Luck making him more efficient.

I'd rather Luck go 250 yards, 3 TDs, 0 INT than Luck go 350 yards, 2 TDs, 2 INTs.

Chad Rinehart of the Chargers and Richie Incognito of the Dolphins will all be FA OGs next year. It is not like we cannot get that 1 OG.

But at some point, fellas, you have to let the continuity and chemistry gel. We ran pretty well against a good front 7 of the Dolphins, IMO albeit with multiple OLs and 1 WR formations.

Lets talk after 1 quarter, after game 4 and see where we are. If we run well vs the 49ers and get 100 yards, I don't think we can objectively say our OL stinks more than bad OLs around the league.