Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

More trades to come?

Dark Superman

We just traded for Trent Richardson..

Could we possibly be in the hunt for another player or two?

Possibly an offensive lineman or perhaps a TE?

You never know with Irsay..

I think you're right...We are bold and obviously our 'Mr 1%' has give Ryan G a free hand...

We need O-linemen...and I think we'll pursue a vet

I think we're set at tackle..

At the rate we have lost key players early in this season, I don't think we are set at any position. And hypothetically, who is to say we would not move Castonzo over to LG, Thornton to RG, and JT at LT? It is all a mute point anyway, because Cleveland would not give JT up. 

You mean that "poor blocking" that has resulted in all 3 of our runningbacks averaging over 4 ypc and us having the 5th ranked rushing offense in the NFL?

I am not so sure that the ypc for RBs is as much about the "great job" run blocking the OL is doing, instead it may be more about the opposing defense has been willing to give up yards in the running game to put more pressure on luck and slow the passing game.

I am not so sure that the ypc for RBs is as much about the "great job" run blocking the OL is doing, instead it may be more about the opposing defense has been willing to give up yards in the running game to put more pressure on luck and slow the passing game.

Yeah.  It couldn't be that the OL isn't nearly as bad as the hypernegative geniuses on this message board make it out to be.

Yeah.  It couldn't be that the OL isn't nearly as bad as the hypernegative geniuses on this message board make it out to be.

You say hypernegative, I say realistic people who can look at what might be driving the stats.  What do you want to bet they are not in the top 10 in run blocking, and they will be in the bottom half of the league in pass blocking by the end of the year???

You say hypernegative, I say realistic people who can look at what might be driving the stats.  What do you want to bet they are not in the top 10 in run blocking, and they will be in the bottom half of the league in pass blocking by the end of the year???

You're theorizing about what *might* happen at the end of the season.

I'm talking about what actually *has* happened on the field of play so far this season.

So who's the one being realistic?

You're theorizing about what *might* happen at the end of the season.

I'm talking about what actually *has* happened on the field of play so far this season.

So who's the one being realistic?

I already told you in a previous post what I believe to be behind the stats of what actually has happened already = realistic.  You are correct the second post about the end of the season was a "theory" of what I think we are going to see if I am correct about what drove the stats of what has actually happened .... we won't know if the theory was realistic or not until it is proven or disproven at the end of season.   Two seperate things going on within the 2 posts.

100% right Double C

...They'd kill to get Bradshaw back now..the guy they have fumbles the ball like its going out of style

David Wilson fumbles NOW but the Giants coaches will fix that...

Tiki Barber used to fumble a lot but they fixed his problem...

By mid season (or sooner) Wilson will be playing well without fumbling.

The browns are bad and dumb but they arent completely insane to trade joe thomas, he is all they have left and need him to protect johnny manziel next year.

Yeah, they are just retooling completely to a passing offense...they are not totally nuts.

Our #1 will get them a good WR...their own #1 will get them a franchise QB.

Guest TeamLoloJones

Yeah, they are just retooling completely to a passing offense...they are not totally nuts.

Our #1 will get them a good WR...their own #1 will get them a franchise QB.

I do wonder though, after this weeks developments in Cleveland, if any Browns players will go to management actively seeking to be traded.

I do wonder though, after this weeks developments in Cleveland, if any Browns players will go to management actively seeking to be traded.

Ha, ha, ha! ...like Thomas?   I don't know what we have left to offer....not enough anyway...maybe picks from future years.

We sure have the cap space and that would be a great way to use it.

OK Grigs, go investigate the possibilities...but they will surely keep him for their new passing O.

Guest TeamLoloJones

Ha, ha, ha! ...like Thomas?   I don't know what we have left to offer....not enough anyway...maybe picks from future years.

We sure have the cap space and that would be a great way to use it.

OK Grigs, go investigate the possibilities...but they will surely keep him for their new passing O.

I was just speaking in general terms.  If I were a verteran on the Browns, I'd give some serious thought about going up to management and saying "Is there anyway I could go to a team that might win a game this year?"

You mean that "poor blocking" that has resulted in all 3 of our runningbacks averaging over 4 ypc and us having the 5th ranked rushing offense in the NFL?

I mean the "poor blocking" that led to 2 yards being gained on 2 carries after having the ball 2nd and 3 deep in our own territory in the 2nd half. I mean the poor blocking that prevents us from converting on 3rd and short AGAIN!!!

Right now, the pass is opening up the run. It is that simple, it is the same as when Manning was here. To think we have a POWER running game is incorrect given our o-line. To be sure, the line has its moments, but very inconsistent.

I already told you in a previous post what I believe to be behind the stats of what actually has happened already = realistic.  You are correct the second post about the end of the season was a "theory" of what I think we are going to see if I am correct about what drove the stats of what has actually happened .... we won't know if the theory was realistic or not until it is proven or disproven at the end of season.   Two seperate things going on within the 2 posts.

Today is another example of that "poor blocking", right pal?

179 rushing yards, with 2 starting linemen out, against what is considered one of the top rushing defense's in the NFL.  We ran the ball right down their f'ing throats.  But poor blocking again, right?  lol

Today is another example of that "poor blocking", right pal?

179 rushing yards, with 2 starting linemen out, against what is considered one of the top rushing defense's in the NFL.  We ran the ball right down their f'ing throats.  But poor blocking again, right?  lol

I am more than happy to be proven wrong when it results in a Colts win. There are a lot of games left and hopefully the theory was completely delusional, and at the end of the season when all is "said and done" we have one of the top O Lines in the NFL.

I have no problem standing behind what I say when I am wrong.  I have been wrong plenty of times in the past and, I am sure I will be wrong plenty more in the future.  If you stick around I look forward to you being as quick to step up and face the music when you are wrong, as you were to bump this post!