Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jaworski Has High Hopes For Colts

HtownColt

The full write up on colts.com

"There's just enthusiasm, that passion for the game. How can you not feel that this is a team that can compete for a Super Bowl when you're around these guys, and you're around these coaches and you're around this organization."

As a 17-year NFL veteran, Jaworski has been around his fair share of Super Bowl teams and he sees something similar in the 2013 Indianapolis Colts.

"I've always believed there are certain intangibles you need to win a Super Bowl and I believe the Indianapolis Colts have those intangibles that are so critical to be a World Champion, not to be a playoff team, but to be a World Champion."

I do agree that we have the right "stuff", the intangibles.  We have guys who love the game and love to compete.  Combine that with a coach who cares, but is also able to teach and discipline players when needed, as well as a GM who is almost literally always looking for new talent (seriously, how many hours of sleep does Grigs get per night, 3?).  However, I'm not sold on our team as a Super Bowl contender yet.  We still have some questions on the offensive line and on defense.  Luck will take care of the offense, so no worries there.  But we brought in a lot of free agents on defense.  It will take time for those guys to gel together.  I say in a year or two, then we will go from perennial playoff team to perennial Super Bowl contender

He thinks Kaep could be the best QB of all time. haha

He has the physical skills to be, If he continues to progress mentally  and he stays healthy then there is no reason why he couldn't. But how many QB's had the physical skills but mentally they just didn't get it or could not stay healthy. Chances are he wont be but I want to see if he can be consistent before I even name him a top QB in this league let alone among the best of all time

Not surprised Jaworski gets positive vibes around here.  Mr. Irsay has created a standard of excellence within his organization that most NFL teams fail to reach.  He hires good people and lets them do their jobs.  I think that goes a long way in creating unity and the belief that they truly are one of the best organizations in the league.  From top to bottom (Irsay to water boys) this football team is motivated to be be great and they won't stop working until they win it again.

Cheers to Jaws.  A man also committed to excellence as proven by his brilliant analysis of the quarterback position.  One can learn a lot by listening to Ron Jaworski.  Not bad for a Polish guy out of Youngstown State eh?  When the Polish Rifle speaks, people should listen.

To me, I think Kap is going to be another Matt Hasselbeck. I think he'll be solid and good but not that superstar QB potential. You just dont here about his knowledge of the game as you do with other elites like Rogers, Manning and Brady. You here it some about Luck, some bout Griffin. But other than that I've not personally heard much about him. Time will tell. Maybe he'll surprise me.

Just to concur with everybody's assessment here, Jaws is a good NFL analyst. SW1 likes him because he doesn't exaggerate, throw praise around like candy at a parade, has a face you read like a book meaning that he can not lie very well, and he isn't afraid to swear or curse. SW1 doesn't trust people who don't swear. I not talking a drunken sailor rant on Fleet Week here, but when a team is playing like bleep, Jaws will say that. It evokes authenticity to me. 

The other NFL analyst I really respect is Phil Simms. I'd be curious what his assessment of the Colts are this season too. 

Jaworski has always supported the Colts..

I always likes Jaws..

Good point SupermanLuck12! That's the main reason, SW1 despises Deion Sanders as an analyst. He will slam a team all season long doing highlight commentary & then when they win the SB Deion will kiss their caboose like he's their lifelong BFF.

Get outta here you 2 faced traitor! Just ask Peyton & Eli Manning in 2006 & 2007. I remember who has our back & who throws us away & SW1 never forgets that Deion & similar pundits. 

Once he running lanes are shut down and Kaep has to throw all the time, you will see the same guy he was in college.  Very erratic.

I remember him beating a very good Boise St team, throwing for 300 yards and a rushing TD. He did most of it in the Second half. ...and this was Nevada.

Good point SupermanLuck12! That's the main reason, SW1 despises Deion Sanders as an analyst. He will slam a team all season long doing highlight commentary & then when they win the SB Deion will kiss their caboose like he's their lifelong BFF.

Get outta here you 2 faced traitor! Just ask Peyton & Eli Manning in 2006 & 2007. I remember who has our back & who throws us away & SW1 never forgets that Deion & similar pundits.

What is up with going thrid person? Even more, you went 3rd person with a self-annointed nickname, which is just peculiar.

Bubble bursting 101:

Questions and thoughts that came to mind when reading his fluffy, complimentary comments.

#1) Was he paid to attend and speak at the luncheon?

#2) Who paid him?

#3) How many days before the event did he arrive?

#4) Was the luncheon to promote/sell something related to Colts, (corp. suites etc)

My inkling would be Irsay/Colts paid him to attend and speak

He probably arrived the day of, so observing the team would be brief if at all.

I think it's wonderful that he spoke favorably of the team, but I try to be realistic whenever I read something good or bad. I want to know what is the background of the situation....what is their motivation.... I may get creamed for this post but I am just saying it should be considered.......

Jaworski loves Peyton Manning..

What is up with going thrid person? Even more, you went 3rd person with a self-annointed nickname, which is just peculiar.

Go to my profile page & skim the About Me section. You will find your answer to this little enigma there jskinnz.

Peculiar you say...Thank you SW1 takes that as a complement. It just means I am unconventional & not easy to forget. I'll take it.  :hat: 

Misunderstood behavior is always labeled "creepy" or odd for some unknown reason. I always find that funny. Just to show you that I can play along & roll the punches. See below: 

Again, SW1 just has a dark sense of humor I guess. I do appreciate your asking me about your concern here though. You weren't the 1st one to do so & probably won't be the last either. 

Bubble bursting 101:

Questions and thoughts that came to mind when reading his fluffy, complimentary comments.

#1) Was he paid to attend and speak at the luncheon?

#2) Who paid him?

#3) How many days before the event did he arrive?

#4) Was the luncheon to promote/sell something related to Colts, (corp. suites etc)

My inkling would be Irsay/Colts paid him to attend and speak

He probably arrived the day of, so observing the team would be brief if at all.

I think it's wonderful that he spoke favorably of the team, but I try to be realistic whenever I read something good or bad. I want to know what is the background of the situation....what is their motivation.... I may get creamed for this post but I am just saying it should be considered.......

Same question back: did Goodtimes treat you to a paid luncheon?

Jaworski loves Peyton Manning..

Yup, but I can't fault Jaws for that because I am sitting in the same boat with him rowing gently down along the stream on that one too. But, to his credit, Jaws keeps a close eye on the changing of the QB guard too: Ryan, Wilson, CK, Luck, & RG3. Jaws evolves & adapts. He isn't a prisoner to the past. He always keeps an open mind & can admit previous mistakes or flawed projections. I admire that. 

Plus, Jaws at least can see Luck for the true talent he really is not dismiss him outright like Skip Bayless always does which really infuriates me. Part of me just wants to see a Colts vs Redskins SB next season just to watch Skip squirm, speechless, & appear to be dumbfounded when his precious Baylor wizard loses to the architect born & raised in Germany. 

Just to concur with everybody's assessment here, Jaws is a good NFL analyst. SW1 likes him because he doesn't exaggerate, throw praise around like candy at a parade, has a face you read like a book meaning that he can not lie very well, and he isn't afraid to swear or curse. SW1 doesn't trust people who don't swear. I not talking a drunken sailor rant on Fleet Week here, but when a team is playing like bleep, Jaws will say that. It evokes authenticity to me. 

The other NFL analyst I really respect is Phil Simms. I'd be curious what his assessment of the Colts are this season too. 

You mean the same Phil Simms who has had a very negative attitude towards the Colts in the past?   :thinking: