Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Caesar Rayford Traded

Psyren

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7th is all it's going to be, cam is better 3-4 player, Rayford is a pure 4-3 might as well get some value for him. That's value you didn't even intend on having from Rayford when camp started

I think HTown makes a strong point.    Dallas plays a 4-3 and at 6'7" perhaps they see him as a down 4-3 DE...  he may be a better fit there than with us as a 3-4 OLB.

Just thinking out loud, but I think this argument has some merit....

Rayford tried his best, but in the end, it's about what's best for the team. Not everything in the world, and especially in the NFL, is all amazing and easy-going. I'm sure he'll have some sort of success, but in the end, I still believe this is what's going to bring the most success for the Colts.

I think HTown makes a strong point.    Dallas plays a 4-3 and at 6'7" perhaps they see him as a down 4-3 DE...  he may be a better fit there than with us as a 3-4 OLB.

Just thinking out loud, but I think this argument has some merit....

Trade makes sense to me for the reason you suggest. Rayford in space looked like a tasered giraffe. To truly be effective as an OLB, he has to drop back ocassionally where he would have been a liability. Nice story this preseason and but in the end, I think he would have not made the impact that some suggest.

Just like the doctor on Arrested Development.  He first statement to the family sounds like bad news, but if you wait for his 2nd sentence, you see it's nothing serious.  We need to give Grigs' moves time to settle, because he always has a round 2 involved.

I love that show.

He+s+Going+To+Be+All+Right_e0c723_397742

I know for fact that many here don't feel this way, but this move was not a big deal, in any direction. I wish Rayford well, but this "Mike Hart" lionization is a bit misguided. There's more merit in being bummed that Boyett is a jerk, than this. The team probably got a 5 at best back.

I guess Grigson and Pagano really don't anticipate having any issues with rushing the passer. This is the second time they've added depth at pass rusher, then traded that depth away in a separate transaction. I thought we'd be deep with Mathis, Hughes and Werner, then we traded Hughes. We added Cam Johnson, then we traded Rayford.

On it's face, we turned a UDFA into a late draft pick (I'm assuming it's a late pick, what else would we get for an unproven preseason performer?) so it's not a bad deal. I just hoped we'd keep more pass rushers. I'm obviously looking at this from an entirely different angle.

NOOOO!!! I'm a bit late to this but why??? :(

I swear Grigson hates me, keeps releasing or trading my favourite players. My favourite players now are Wayne, Mathis and McAfee. Hopefully they won't be the the next to go because a trend certainly seems to be setting here!

Honestly i don't see why i get attached to players anymore, and that is coming from the guy who has only been following the team since mid 2011 season.

Indianapolis Colts: Although undrafted rookie Caesar Rayford led the Colts 3-4 outside linebackers in total pressure with 11, and sacks with five, his Pass Rushing Productivity of 9.7 was the worst of the five Colts outside linebackers with 25 or more snaps.

One thing I said about Rayford is that he got a lot of pressures and at least three sacks because of his length. He has no polish as a pass rusher. He might have been able to do something on special teams, block a couple of kicks or something. But he's not a special pass rusher.

It's like everyone jumped in this guys corner and was really looking forward to seeing him play (including me), then when Grigson trades him, Grigson becomes the genius and the shift is to him and this being "the right thing to do for the team". C'mon, ?

not everyone....

NOOOO!!! I'm a bit late to this but why??? :(

I swear Grigson hates me, keeps releasing or trading my favourite players. My favourite players now are Wayne, Mathis and McAfee. Hopefully they won't be the the next to go because a trend certainly seems to be setting here!

Honestly i don't see why i get attached to players anymore, and that is coming from the guy who has only been following the team since mid 2011 season.

Here's some advice from a 30 yr. fan. NEVER EVER get attached to professional athletes. They come and go, it's a business, root for the laundry and not those who wear it. Take my advice or leave it, but I promise you, if you take my advice, you'll be a happier person for it.