Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Are you worried about Pryor possibly starting wk 1

GoodLuck

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

worry.jpg

beat me to it... glad I went on to page 2 instead of just reacting...

On an unrelated note... remember those MAD fold-ins in the back of the magazine where you'd fold point A to point B and turn a relatively innocuous drawing and message into a funny punch line? I loved those... When I was a kid, I used to imagine that when I grew up, I'd paint fold-ins onto things like accordion closet doors... Turns out I can't draw or paint, but some of those fold-ins were pure genius...

There's nothing tough about prepping for a QB who's only success comes against the Bears 3rd and 4th string talent.  So, to answer the OP's question, the only way I'm worried is if Andrew Luck, the entire starting D, Reggie Wayne, TY Hilton, Vick Ballard, and Ahmad Bradshaw all get into a massive and deadly 16 car pile up on their way to the stadium on Sunday... or maybe if the moon hits my neighborhood 

The moon is about 4,000 miles wide. It would do more than hit just your neighborhood.

He's better then Flynn.

I think Pryor's more likely to give them a spark. In that "any given sunday" sense he makes them more dangerous.

Still, speaking as a long time closet Raider fan, I expect this year's team to be one of the worst in nfl history. Joe Montana wouldn't change that.

If McFadden starts running like everybody knows he can, I would be slightly concerned of what Pryor could do, but i wouldn't be worried in terms of losing the game

Yeah, it could be the VY/Chris Johnson effect....a quarterback who isn't very good at throwing but can elevate the offense due to having a stud run game and being able to carry the ball himself.

Not concerned with Pryor at all he's played well but mostly against 2nd and 3rd stringers. He can run but doesn't read through his progressions well. It Won't matter who's starting for the Raiders because their o-line is so bad, will get 6 or 7 sacks vs them.

he did start the last game of the season last year vs Chargers, completed 47% of his passes but he had 3 TDs(2 pass, 1 rush) 1 int.

not that bad for him getting thrown into the fire for his first start in the NFL. he has made progress since then from looking at his preseason. but again i'm not worried about losing the game but he should show some flashes of things to come. Russell Wilson's first game was pretty similar to Pryor's

Seems like he could be difficult to prep for.

I am worried a bit about this game as there is no way the Colts don't take the Raiders lightly. Season opener , home against the worst team in the league. That what scares me , not a guy that might not be a legit NFL QB.

I've seen Pryor play in HS a few years back.. He's got the speed but I don't think he has enough tools to make a huge difference..

he was so much bigger and faster than everyone else on the field, he dominated games. but because of lack of passing skills he should have chose basketball coming out of hs, and i said that when he was being hyped his senior year of hs. he is a great athlete, but how do you become a top qb when you have passing issues? if he wanted to play football, he should have been a wr.

have you seen the raiders oline?

Not lately, but I know that in the past when McFadden was healthy he could run over any defense they faced. I'm not sure what state their line is in now or what changes have been made to it though.

he was so much bigger and faster than everyone else on the field, he dominated games. but because of lack of passing skills he should have chose basketball coming out of hs, and i said that when he was being hyped his senior year of hs. he is a great athlete, but how do you become a top qb when you have passing issues? if he wanted to play football, he should have been a wr.

Yeah I agree..

• 2 weeks later...