Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Your Final Colts 1st Round Prediction

unitaswestand

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

DJ Fluker who with his size and strength can play RG or CB Xavier Rhodes if they fall to #24 or the Colts will trade back and get high #2 and get DE Margus Hunt or SS Matt Elam since Bethea is in his last year and also get a high #3 in the trade and then pick G Larry Warford or G Kyle Long and then the #86 pick take C/G Brian Schwenke with a high third round pick. So with the high second get a DE and and the high 3rd and the reg already have pick at #86 get 2 O-line guys and then the O-line with the already FA acquisitions and the draft picks the Colts will be set up for the next 5 years and protect A.Luck, so we'll see!!!!!

Mayock is high on CB DJ Hayden at #24 but had the near life ending severed artery in his heart and had his chest cracked open, so I'm sure they fixed the artery since he's still around, thank goodness, but the trama his chest went through is a year long enough for all the muscles to heal back to 100%..... Hummmmm?????

Going to be exciting!!!!!

Go Colts!!!!!

Go Grigson!!!!!

Bethea is a FS. Why would we draft Matt Elam who is a SS to replace Bethea?

He's way out of shape its embarrassing. He probably would have done the same as Vick did with the line we had last year. RB has become an insignificant position in the NFL unless you're Adrian Peterson and we don't need another RB. Maybe that kid from stoney brook in the 7th for depth or LeVeon Bell in the 4th if he's there. But we have so many other needs it'd be ridiculous to take a RB in the first this year. I'm right there with you about wanting a playmaker in the backfield but Eddie Lacey isn't the answer and I don't think we'll find an elite talent at RB for a while. What we have will suffice

To TKnight85: I ment to say FS because Matt Elam is listed as a FS just like A.Bethea, Matt Elam even though listed as a FS and has been said by one article I read that he can also play close to the line like a SS so he can do both, he's more athletic than Antwan Bethea and he can play close to the line as a SS against TE and slant receivers and stop the run past the d-line and he can play down field and help corners..... I would use him to help the corners and play the pass down field while he's young and as he ages and gains some weight he can play the SS later in his career.... He would be a great pick up in the higher second pick if they can manage a trade back, we shall see :}

Go Colts!!!!!

Go Grigson!!!!!

To TKnight85: I ment to say FS because Matt Elam is listed as a FS just like A.Bethea, Matt Elam even though listed as a FS and has been said by one article I read that he can also play close to the line like a SS so he can do both, he's more athletic than Antwan Bethea and he can play close to the line as a SS against TE and slant receivers and stop the run past the d-line and he can play down field and help corners..... I would use him to help the corners and play the pass down field while he's young and as he ages and gains some weight he can play the SS later in his career.... He would be a great pick up in the higher second pick if they can manage a trade back, we shall see :}

Go Colts!!!!!

Go Grigson!!!!!

I would be surprised if a safety is drafted early. We already have 2 pro bowl starters, granted Bethea's contract is up next year, but I'd much rather select a guy who can play right away rather than sitting a high pick like that on the bench and waiting to give him starter time next year IF Bethea isn't retained.

I look for Bethea to return back to form with Landry back there with him. Gavin brought up a good topic about how many decent FS will last late and we could possibly target one then.

Who I want: Xavier Rhodes CB, FSU

(If he's still on the board we must get him. Quick, glue-like coverage. KNOWS HOW TO TACKLE. Sometimes jumps routes which could hurt him in the NFL)

Who I think we'll draft: Xavier Rhodes CB, FSU

Darkhorse: Cordarrelle Patterson WR, Tennessee (Probably will be gone by pick 24. Big receiver, raw route runner, HUGE athletic ability)

Who I want: Xavier Rhodes CB, FSU

(If he's still on the board we must get him. Quick, glue-like coverage. KNOWS HOW TO TACKLE. Sometimes jumps routes which could hurt him in the NFL)

Who I think we'll draft: Xavier Rhodes CB, FSU

Darkhorse: Cordarrelle Patterson WR, Tennessee (Probably will be gone by pick 24. Big receiver, raw route runner, HUGE athletic ability)

Patterson is my #1 wr in this draft

You have to go back to my post before last, I had other players above him I would prefer if we stay at #24 and if the Colts decide to trade back to a high 2nd and he is rated around the 35th pick I would be ok if Grison picked M.Elam if the others I liked were not available, this is all guesses so it can change without notice, there might be some shockers nobody in their right minds would have guessed and a gem might just might fall to #24 and that's the excitment of it all :}

There was mentioned that 4 QB could be picked in the 1st round, I believe G.Smith will be one defately but not sure where #?, but not sure of the other 3 he was talking about and if somehow that did happen then that's 3 other players expected to go early might fall hard, going to be exciting :}

I'll be on the chat later today when it's open, woo hoo can't wait :}

Go Colts!!!!!

Go Grigson!!!!!

Nite!

If Warmack or Cooper are available then obviously one of them would be the choice....assuming Grigson has them as them as the BPA....although that is assuming Grigson is using BPA as his draft strategy and not being steered by the Colts needs....in which case a pass-rusher like Jarvis Jones, should he escape Pittsburgh, would be the pick. Provided of course that Grigson doesn't feel risky and then selects Demontre Moore, Alex Okefor or Margus Hunt, or that Pagano's preference doesn't instead point us to a CB such as Xavier Rhodes, DJ Hayden, Jamar Taylor or Marcus Trufant....I mean Isiah Trufant....I mean Desmond Trufant. Of course with Reggie growing old and grey...names like Justin Hunter, Deandre Hopkins or Keenan Allen may surface. Then again  a trade down may be the best move where the choice could be Larry Warford, Eric Reid, Eddie Lacy, John Gacy or Dick Tracy.

JCpartycubsgame030r.jpg

All right!! All right!!....my final answer is Sylvester Williams.

Are we ready for the real draft now? :yes: