Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Vontae Davis break out year?

BlueCollarColts

73 members have voted

1. 1. Will Vontae Davis have a break out year?

• yes, he will
    • no, he won't

Vontae had a rough start to the year, but as the season progressed on, and he got more comfortable, he really hit his stride, over the last 4 games he had 3 interceptions, which should have been 4, but one was called back on a PI call, which as an AWFUL call, so my question to you is, do you think Vontae will have a break out year and establish himself as one of the top corners in the league?

He shut Torrey Smith down in the playoffs. But when Vaughn is your CB partner, that doesn't really matter. I thought Vontae really established himself when he came back off that injury in the 2nd part of the season. He really showed off when we played the Texans at LOS haha

On top of the good observations already made in this thread I'd add this......

I believe this is his last year on his rookie contract.

In other words,  he's going to be playing for his Big Contract in 2014.

So,  yes,  he's got all the motivation in the world for this to be his breakout year!

he shut down andre johnson can you remeber the last colt cb to do that

I think Powers did it in a game a few seasons ago.  As for Vontae, I think he will just keep getting better.  With Pagano's coaching and more time in our system (and hopefully an improved defense overall), I think he will be even better.  He showed some flashes of incredible play last year.  We just need him to be more consistent

I think Powers did it in a game a few seasons ago.  As for Vontae, I think he will just keep getting better.  With Pagano's coaching and more time in our system (and hopefully an improved defense overall), I think he will be even better.  He showed some flashes of incredible play last year.  We just need him to be more consistent

Also I would think with the improvement across the board with the defense he will just get better. He was used a lot supporting stopping the run last season. With the up grade of the D line and linebackers he may very well shine at times. 

he shut down andre johnson can you remeber the last colt cb to do that

AJ had almost 300 yards receiving in his two games against the Colts last season.

Soooooooooooooooooooooo...............................................................................

Posted · Hidden by -JJ-, March 17, 2013 - personal shot
Hidden by -JJ-, March 17, 2013 - personal shot

AJ had almost 300 yards receiving in his two games against the Colts last season.

Soooooooooooooooooooooo...............................................................................

Lol sprinkle the cheese and the rats will come.

Not seen enough of him. I think some are putting him on a higher pedestal than he deserves. I'm seeing an above average corner at the moment, but not a perennial pro-bowler....next season will tell us all we need to know....

"Above Average"??? That's an insult to Vontae

He got better every single week last season. I think he fits perfectly with Pagano. Pagano can make him into a man. He has the athleticism. He has the talent. I think he lacked the confidence and arrogant attitude he has to have to be very successful. When he left Miami, and the first few weeks he was here, he seemed kind of like a baby to me. He pouted. Seemed immature; which was what Miami people were telling us. I knew that would change under Pagano and our crew. He started playing with more "swag", if you will, throughout the season. By week 17, he was strutting around the field like he owned the place. I expect to see that Vontae Davis from week 1 this year.

Pro Bowl is part one popularity (play on Sun-Mon night) contest, backdooring because of injuries, and now the SB thing.

Our whole D-Line will be much improved. More Push & Pressure than the AWFUL play we got last season. 

Better run D sets up more 2nd-3rd and long, all good for pass rush and M2M press coverage.

Vontae can DO IT!