Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts workout former USC DT/DE Armoind Armstead [Merge]

ar1888

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only one that thought Fili Moala played well when not injured this year?  We need another DL, but does Moala need "replaced?"  

Moala had a late season ACL tear. Im willing to bet he will not be up to speed to start the season. Its always good to have depth.

Am I the only one that thought Fili Moala played well when not injured this year?  We need another DL, but does Moala need "replaced?"  

Nope, you're not the only one. I think we'll resign Moala. Im not sure about this guy, don't know much about him except he had a heart attack at 22 yrs. old. That isn't exactly a good selling point to be a NFL player.

Nope, you're not the only one. I think we'll resign Moala. Im not sure about this guy, don't know much about him except he had a heart attack at 22 yrs. old. That isn't exactly a good selling point to be a NFL player.

True, but the guy was healthy last year. Has first round talent and would come low risk high reward without using a draft pick.

Maola in my opinion is average.We need game changers.

I think if you get a NT who controls two men, then you can see what Moala has.  He looked solid with McKinney at NT in the preseason.  At 346 pounds, McKinney was not great but commanded double teams....in one way or another, the NT position will improve going into this next season.  Mark my word both DTs will benefit as well as the LBs....

CFL is becoming a "Hot Spot" for Grigson I see

Hey Grigson!!! Grab Rambo from the Calgary Stampede!!!!!

Grigs can bring em from the state pen if he wants.........that is state pen....not PENN STATE......Just kidding AQ Shipley...just kidding...a little word play...down boy!  :)

He was a beast but went undrafted after having a heart attack leading up to the 2011 season. Claimed USC team doctors were at fault because one of the painkillers they were giving him provoked the heart attack.

I reckon we'll see. A lot of teams working him out.

Any idea how he would have been rated? Sounds like he has his health issue under control.

As for Fili, depends on his contract and if someone as good or better is available. I really like the guys Grigs brought in after he went down.

We need 4 DE i would think. We have Redding. I agree that Moala was playing DE well enough I would want him back.

After that we are looking for BETTER players. Big, Long guys who can also get their arms up into the passing lanes.

That leaves Nevis out. Hope we can get a pick out of him, love his motor.

Maola in my opinion is average.We need game changers.

On a roster with 53 players,  you're going to have lots of 'average' players.   Lots of them.    Moala was playing some of his best football last year.    He's a solid average guy.    We need some of them.

This kid, if he makes it,  is a project.   He may pan out.    He may not.   Glad we're kicking the tires with him.    But I hope we bring Moala back.

yeah but that heart attack could have been brought on by pain killers. there was a report last month on how alot of colleges are still using pain killers they were suppose to stop using due to possible serious side effects. plus he played a full season in canada with no issues and helped his team win the championship. 43 tackles 6 sacks and 2 fumble recoveries really isnt to bad. especially considering our leading tackler on the DLine was redding with 22 tackles and 2 sacks. plus dont hurt to have alittle depth at the position.

yeah but that heart attack could have been brought on by pain killers. there was a report last month on how alot of colleges are still using pain killers they were suppose to stop using due to possible serious side effects. plus he played a full season in canada with no issues and helped his team win the championship. 43 tackles 6 sacks and 2 fumble recoveries really isnt to bad. especially considering our leading tackler on the DLine was redding with 22 tackles and 2 sacks. plus dont hurt to have alittle depth at the position.

Oh, Im not opposed to it. See my post a couple up from yours where I posted the youtube video.

haha I don't think he'll go that far to federal grounds

All season long I was remembering that old show with Burt Reynolds, was QB on the prison team ,and smoked that guy in the kahoniees, that kept sacking him. roflmbo   I kept thinking smoke JJ Watt next time the line let him through, maybe make him slow down a little.