Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

News from the Reggie Wayne Show

GoColts8818

Reggie Wayne is my 2nd all time favorite reciever to let you all know. Ya that ray Lewis dance after the kneel was a LITTLE inappropriate but it was his last home game at his home field, he has played there forever. I'm not gonna lie, when I saw his intro at the beginning of the game, I felt my throat lock up and just started to smile during the whole thing. I knew right then and there that the colts were in trouble(that and missing Bruce Arians). It was awesome to watch ray Lewis last home game against my favorite team, but a series of unfortunate events like the play of our offensive line as a whole, Cassius Vaughan, tommy zbikowski, butterfingered recievers, and our defensive line, cost us in the end. Lets go Peyton

Reggie Wayne is my 2nd all time favorite reciever to let you all know. Ya that ray Lewis dance after the kneel was a LITTLE inappropriate but it was his last home game at his home field, he has played there forever. I'm not gonna lie, when I saw his intro at the beginning of the game, I felt my throat lock up and just started to smile during the whole thing. I knew right then and there that the colts were in trouble(that and missing Bruce Arians). It was awesome to watch ray Lewis last home game against my favorite team, but a series of unfortunate events like the play of our offensive line as a whole, Cassius Vaughan, tommy zbikowski, butterfingered recievers, and our defensive line, cost us in the end. Lets go Peyton

which is all Reggie was really saying. I think Reggie gets it and didn't make it out to be something horrible or anything like test. I think it just annoyed him.

I don't know but just because Wayne said he is going to try to recruit Reed doesn't mean the Colts will go after him.  With that said Bethea did not play well this season.  If they get Ed Reed they COULD and that is just a guess release Bethea for Reed or they could move one who knows.  Right now it's just a giant what if. 

If they released Bethea, I would be highly *, along with a lot of other fans. I am sorry, but to even say that!

On the Ray Lewis dance, I didn't see an issue with it. I could see where Wayne might have, but given it was his house and last home game, I completely understood why they did it for him. He is a HOF first round ballet. NOW, if he did it while at the Colts stadium, I would completely agree, out of line.

Thanks GoColts8818!

All I have to say about the Ray dance and Reggie's response, is be quiet Reggie. Probably my favorite player, Reggie is, but in this case he needs to keep it shut. One of the greatest players is playing his last game at home, and he does a little dance on the last play, and he gets mad. Signs of a soar loser.

The Ray Lewis gangsta murda dance wasn't a "little" dance. I still get mad when I see it on replays. I can see where Reggie thought it was disrespectful as well. Why not throw up your hands to the crowd, blow a kiss, or bow or something classy instead?

I agree the dance made me want to puke. What a classless piece of crap. It was disrespectful to the whole Colts team, and yes narcissistic is exactly what it was. I don't care what kind of career you've had, its no reason to act like a buffone. It wasn't about winning, it was all about Ray. He represnts everything that is wrong with sports, Ray Lewis was the gateway to all the other * that came along and made everthing about themselves and not the team, Terell "T O" Owens, Chad " Ocho Sinco "Johnson, Ray "Ray Ray" Lewis, all attention whores, Now people want to defend these classless acts and say its OK he was playing his last game and did a little dance, sore loser. One, is not a sore loser if they expect someone to act with class, and a great career or a win is no reason to act without class, nor does it excuse it. I'm so glad I will never have to see this fake, play football again, or hear him speak about god or the lord, right after acting like a fool. Wonder what the lord thought of that selfish act. 

We're not gonna get anywhere if you keep holding back. :lol:

I actually agree with your entire post.

Ray Lewis is who is he is, a future HoFer with hat size of around 15, and with 52 codependent team mates who will now have to endure life without his presence next season. And absolutely nothing surprised me about the over-the-top finale on Sunday and having to watch him do that dance he borrowed from his hometown wino buddy one more time.

He and his fans are entitled to celebrate any way they want to....but it doesn't mean Reggie Wayne or all Colts fans have to like it....and it doesn't make anyone a sore loser if they don't. Once in a while an inspirational speech or a moment of excited demonstration is fine...or circumstances "in the moment" such as the truly serious situation the Colts rallied around this season.

But in the course of their entire careers.....championship Hall of Fame athletes from Jim Brown to Bobby Orr to Bill Russell and many others were able to rally their teams to great levels with quiet confidence and performance and without the all-game, every-game firebrand speeches and ridiculous gyrations that Ray Lewis insisted everyone see.....every week...every time....always.

I prefer the Barry Sanders end zone "celebration" myself.

If someone wants to say that it makes me a crotchety old bahstard, then so be it.

Am I the only on who would rather take a stud SS in the draft rather than pick up an ageing FS who has hinted at retirement multiple times, just to play him out of position?

Nope, you're not the only one. I wouldn't be real excited to bring in a 35 yr. old SS that is on his last legs. If were going to add a safety to a very young and up and coming team, I would hope they wouldn't bring in a guy that may retire in a yr. or 2.

Nope, you're not the only one. I wouldn't be real excited to bring in a 35 yr. old SS that is on his last legs. If were going to add a safety to a very young and up and coming team, I would hope they wouldn't bring in a guy that may retire in a yr. or 2.

I thought the religion of "the monster" was to build the team with young talent, not FAs wanting a last payday before they call it quits.

No offence to Ed Reed, dude can play. But not on my team, not now.

I don't know but just because Wayne said he is going to try to recruit Reed doesn't mean the Colts will go after him.  With that said Bethea did not play well this season.  If they get Ed Reed they COULD and that is just a guess release Bethea for Reed or they could move one who knows.  Right now it's just a giant what if. 

i wouldnt mind seeing reed for a year or two and move bethea over into zbikowski's spot. could work

I thought the religion of "the monster" was to build the team with young talent, not FAs wanting a last payday before they call it quits. No offence to Ed Reed, dude can play. But not on my team, not now.

I feel the same way, Reed was a heck of a football player and has been one of the very best safeties in the NFL, but he is close to being done and to add him to a very young team would just be setting that position back IMO.

To the Ray Dance topic: On that last snap, I believe it was Freeney (may have been Mathis), headed up field directly towards Ray Ray. To me it appeared he was going to engage Ray to perhaps congratulate him, and wish him luck(?).

However, as he approached, Ray went into his dance, and Freeney turned away as though it was time to walk away from the Ray Show.

That was just my take on it, as I watched it.

To the Ray Dance topic: On that last snap, I believe it was Freeney (may have been Mathis), headed up field directly towards Ray Ray. To me it appeared he was going to engage Ray to perhaps congratulate him, and wish him luck(?).

However, as he approached, Ray went into his dance, and Freeney turned away as though it was time to walk away from the Ray Show.

yea i saw that too... it was mathis btw

I agree the dance made me want to puke. What a classless piece of crap. It was disrespectful to the whole Colts team, and yes narcissistic is exactly what it was. I don't care what kind of career you've had, its no reason to act like a buffone. It wasn't about winning, it was all about Ray. He represnts everything that is wrong with sports, Ray Lewis was the gateway to all the other * that came along and made everthing about themselves and not the team, Terell "T O" Owens, Chad " Ocho Sinco "Johnson, Ray "Ray Ray" Lewis, all attention whores, Now people want to defend these classless acts and say its OK he was playing his last game and did a little dance, sore loser. One, is not a sore loser if they expect someone to act with class, and a great career or a win is no reason to act without class, nor does it excuse it. I'm so glad I will never have to see this fake, play football again, or hear him speak about god or the lord, right after acting like a fool. Wonder what the lord thought of that selfish act.

Yeah that's how I feel. It was all about Ray. Narcissism at it's finest.Then bring god in to it... hahahahaha... as if him playing his last home game is significant when it comes to the trials and tribulations of the human race... hahaha...

Made me laugh actually.

saw the same thing it indeed was Mathis

Didn't care for the dance myself. I get it, and I understand the circumstances, but it just didn't feel right. It was a "please look at me" moment IMO.

I would have felt the same way if one of our players did it too.

I would have applauded to see him bow to all corners of the stadium. Or raise his arms, or point to the crowd. Maybe I'm picky, but the dance seemed too over the top.

LOVE :luv: Reggie! Classy, good at what he does, special, fun to watch, respectful. He appreciates his coworkers, including the ones in the other color. He represents his community well and gives back. What is not to love?

Regarding Ray's dance, he was cheesing it up like he does. He is and always will be a show boater. If he really retires, I'll be shocked. Clearly he is physically able to compete. I personally think this is way of pumping up his team for play offs and he will recant prior to next season... We shall see.

I agree the dance made me want to puke. What a classless piece of crap. It was disrespectful to the whole Colts team, and yes narcissistic is exactly what it was. I don't care what kind of career you've had, its no reason to act like a buffone. It wasn't about winning, it was all about Ray. He represnts everything that is wrong with sports, Ray Lewis was the gateway to all the other * that came along and made everthing about themselves and not the team, Terell "T O" Owens, Chad " Ocho Sinco "Johnson, Ray "Ray Ray" Lewis, all attention whores, Now people want to defend these classless acts and say its OK he was playing his last game and did a little dance, sore loser. One, is not a sore loser if they expect someone to act with class, and a great career or a win is no reason to act without class, nor does it excuse it. I'm so glad I will never have to see this fake, play football again, or hear him speak about god or the lord, right after acting like a fool. Wonder what the lord thought of that selfish act. 

Now it's probably because I'm a biased Ravens fan, but by no means did Ray mean to disrespect the Colts. Ray did that dance to show his appreciation for the fans because they've showe him appreciation all these years. Again, he meant no disrespect what-so-ever by doing the dance. Plus, the Colts put up a great fight, they just couldn't find the end zone, but there is no doubt in my mind that the Colts will be going farther in the playoffs the next few years.

well if you believe reg he's going to Cali this year he said Andrew came to him last year so this year it's his year to go to him.

I had kinda thought Andrew had relocated to Indy because his girl friend has a job working for one of the big architecture companies in Indy. Not that it really matters if Andrew lives here year round or not.

Andrew dropped over $2 million on a condo in downtown Indy and, like you said, his girlfriend has a job with one of the architectural firms here in town. I certainly wouldn't blame him if he spent some time in the Bay Area, though. I know that I would if I could. I love that part of the country.

Could not have said it any better guy has no class he is a JOKE

Anybody who thinks that Ray would purposely do something to disrespect our team and it's players especially with guys like Redding, reggie and Pagano on it is crazy. It's his last home game in that stadium for the team he played his entire career for. It was his curtain call. It was just as much for the fans as it was for him. People need to take the panties out the bunch. Besides his dance, I ask the people who call him a narcissist and say he's all about self, what examples do you have? Also, if you paid attention, it was Harbaugh who told Ray to go back on the field for the final play

No Ed Reed for me.....

Jairus Byrd, Kenny Phillips, or William Moore. Recruit those guys Reg.

Jarius Byrd has zero chance of playing with a team other than the Bills next year. When you are the best FS in football and the franchise tag is about 5.5 million for safties , you are not going anywhere. So look for a new contract or the franchise tag there.

How was it disrespectful?  The Ravens were in Victory formation and the game was essentially over.  Also it was Ray's last game in front of his home crowd so he was giving one last dance for his fans. It was an emotional moment for him.  It was not intended as a slight to the Colts. 

just imo i felt it could of waited until. 

Why do not they have off-season workouts in Indy? I see he mentioned flying out to California, but I didn't realize Andrew would be going out there

Would you rather spend your January in the midwest, or California or Florida? These guys are basically snow birds.

Jarius Byrd has zero chance of playing with a team other than the Bills next year. When you are the best FS in football and the franchise tag is about 5.5 million for safties , you are not going anywhere. So look for a new contract or the franchise tag there.

Good point, but I can dream right? Maybe Buffalo is in salary cap heck this offseason, too lazy to look it up.

Kenny Phillips would be awesome though at SS.

Am I the only on who would rather take a stud SS in the draft rather than pick up an ageing FS who has hinted at retirement multiple times, just to play him out of position?

I agree..I rather we go through the draft for our defensive needs as opposed to signing anyone(with the exception of Paul Kruger)..we have enough veteran presence on that side of the ball to afford to do that..

They were talking about it more on WNDE today and one of the host put the Reggie Ray Lewis thing into better perspective I think.  They said they took it more as Reggie saying it was just over the top.  He said they honored him every quarter and had Ray came out and just waved to the fans and what not he would have been cool with it.  However, we ALL know Lewis has a flare for being dramatic and I think Reggie feels like he put on a show that didn't need to be put on and that's what Reggie was trying to say. 

I agree..I rather we go through the draft for our defensive needs as opposed to signing anyone(with the exception of Paul Kruger)..we have enough veteran presence on that side of the ball to afford to do that..

I would completely agree. Love Paul Kruger, great off the edge rusher, probably replacing Freeney, and he is till about 28. Would love this signing.