danlhart87

11 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

We currently have 3 2nds.

Who do you think the Colts will select 

36: Taven Bryan DL3T 

37: Malik Jefferson OLB 

49: Rashaad Penny RB 

We draft Nelson or Ward in first.

Don't be surprised if one of the two high second round picks us traded.

We would hypothetically trade a high two down lower in the round and get a third round pick.   That would still give us three second round picks plus two third round picks.    We'd have FIVE Day two picks.

I'd guess there's a better than 50 percent chance of this happening.

18 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

Ballard is going to rebuild the offense with these extra picks. Expect interior OL, RB and WR in the 2nd round.

I still think he could trade back again...with his target being Edmunds or Smith.

My first thought when I got the notification this morning was Will Hernandez, Darrius Guice, and DJ Moore.

There's a possibility we still get Chubb in RD1. I wouldn't place a bet on it but I wouldn't be surprised in the least. Saying that I also wouldn't be surprised if we moved down again. Maybe a trade with Buffalo. Get those two 1st rounders and two 2nd rounders. That'd be sweet. Get Davenport at 12 or something.

Just now, danlhart87 said:

Between those 3 I prefer Penny his YAC is tops in the league I believe 

Guys from his conference and similar confrenence's come in all the time with these inflated numbers and then do nothing in the league. Give me the guy who did just as well, but did it in the ACC, SEC, Big 10 

3 hours ago, Qcolts said:

We have been rumored to be looking at lots of WRs so I would expect one wr with a second round pick. 

Yes.  Unlike most spots, the roster NEEDS a WR. We couldn't field an offense as of today.   Except for WR and Corner, all other spots are filled and they simply need upgrading.

2 hours ago, COLTS449 said:

There's a possibility we still get Chubb in RD1. I wouldn't place a bet on it but I wouldn't be surprised in the least. Saying that I also wouldn't be surprised if we moved down again. Maybe a trade with Buffalo. Get those two 1st rounders and two 2nd rounders. That'd be sweet. Get Davenport at 12 or something.

We've moved down to #6.  Our pick wont command two firsts anymore.  If Buffalo is desperate, maybe we'll get both, but nothing else.  Most likely we'd get #12, a 2nd and a 4th or maybe a 3rd.

2 hours ago, COLTS449 said:

Could you imagine a #12, a late 1sst round, 5 - 2nd round, and 4 - 3rd round picks?  Ballard would be GM of the millenium!

i'm waiting for Denver to trad the #5 to Buffalo now.

I don't know who the Colts will take in the second, but I do know I'm really looking forward to day 2. There's a lot of quality in the day 2 picks this year. Like the one person said CB may trade down 1 of the early day 2 picks to pick up another 3rd. I cannot prognosticate what this will mean for the Colts, but I have to say it is entertaining to contemplate the possibilities.

I don't think Rashaad Penny is worth a second personally. I have him as a third rounder.

If we get a running back outside of Barkley, I am beginning to want Kerryon Johnson more and more. I'm starting to think he's the second best RB in the draft personally. He is getting slept on.

At some point early in the second round I see us getting a durable back hopefully a power back to platoon with Mack. but as other fans has pointed out we need to shore up the offensive line to help Luck out. He deserves  that attention

that he should have had early in his career. but did not get.

There's no way Hernandez makes it to the second round. Just another reason why we need to pick Nelson in the first round.

I have no doubt that we'll grab a linebacker in the second round.

If we pick Nelson, I think we'll go after the best passrusher as well. If we pick Chubb in the first round,we pick best OL in the second.

Could also very well be a full on BPA in this draft. That seems most likely to me.

8 hours ago, threeflight said:

You have to get Sony Michael (RB Georgia) if you are Ballard.  Even if you have to trade and give up a 2018 2nd and the 2019 2nd to move up and get him in the first round, he is almost if not just as good as Barkley.

You get him.  No questions asked.

no yu dnt ... he plays rb