Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Robert turbin just broke his arm.

MackAttack

• Nadine locked and unlocked this topic
43 minutes ago, ReMeDy said:

Are you saying Pagano is going to have to use Mack now? I'm sure that makes Pagano sad.

Well I was hoping it may be a little more than two carries :tvsmash:.  Should be interesting to see what they do now.  I'm not sure what's up with Matt Jones.  I don't really have confidence in the staffs decision making abilities so it will be interesting to see what they do.

3 hours ago, ReMeDy said:

Are you saying Pagano is going to have to use Mack now? I'm sure that makes Pagano sad.

So not every down, nor third down. Which down should we expect to see Mach then? I just want to make sure so that I can know EXACTLY when we will be running the ball with Mack. 

37 minutes ago, Freenyfan102 said:

even if he out of a dislocated arm or worse the colts front office just going to get  free agent and Mack will till be a 3rd  on the depth chart

I don't see a FA coming in. I think we go with who we have maybe we call Pope if he's available Matt Jones is on the roster so if they aren't comfortable making Mack #2. We have Jones waiting to go in his place. He has starting experience. Ballard wants to see the young guys play. I think we see more Mack myself but I'm curious if we carry 4 RB's still. Will we bring Marcus Murphy up from the PS?

He's a scat back 190lbs but was an effective PR for a year and a half in NO. He averages over 9 yards per PR for his career with a td. Bray has never been better than 8.3. I'm not a  huge fan of Quan. I like his toughness and blocking as a WR more than his return skills. I don't think he's explosive. The KR tonight if he has that extra gear that goes all the way back. I've been dying for a dangerous returner. I thought it might be JoJo until the fumbles

2 hours ago, NannyMcafee said:

So not every down, nor third down. Which down should we expect to see Mach then? I just want to make sure so that I can know EXACTLY when we will be running the ball with Mack. 

When Pagano and Chud are no longer coaching this team

12 hours ago, NannyMcafee said:

Just like the defenses that play against him.

If I'm looking at it logically, gore and turbin could protect our QB who needs the protection help.  Very few RBs are ready to pass protect.

and if you are thinking "hand it off to him", i'd say "defenses expect him to run when he's in".  In part to his pass protect weakness.

on a side note (related tho), did anyone else notice frank totally demolish a pass rusher?  I couldnt believe the guy got up.  And of course, no mention from Gruden.

I know this is probably way too complicated for these doofus dumbbutt coaches.

How about having Gore in the backfield and split Mack out as the dude can run and catch (yeah I saw the drop) and add another dimension?

Chuckles and Chudles what do you think?

Season ‘probably over' for Colts running back Robert Turbin after elbow injury http://via.cbs4indy.com/qPFMv  via @cbs4indy

Colts PS moves: Sign RB Josh Ferguson, release WR Cyril Grayson Jr. Ferguson probably needed with loss of Robert Turbin.

4 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

If I'm looking at it logically, gore and turbin could protect our QB who needs the protection help.  Very few RBs are ready to pass protect.

and if you are thinking "hand it off to him", i'd say "defenses expect him to run when he's in".  In part to his pass protect weakness.

on a side note (related tho), did anyone else notice frank totally demolish a pass rusher?  I couldnt believe the guy got up.  And of course, no mention from Gruden.

I remember that exact play. He got destroyed almost as if he wasn't expecting anyone to attempt a block on him. Was hilarious