Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts decide not to re-sign Adams

tvturner

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

We got to go S somewhere high in the draft now lol cause Geathers is always hurt and Green sucks 

Always that one guy who still doesn't realize Green shouldn't have started in the first place

5 minutes ago, Boomstick1 said:

Always that one guy who still doesn't realize Green shouldn't have started in the first place

He shouldn't have been drafted in the 2nd round there are like 10 safeties with his measurables in this class all are 20 times better at playing S it's not our fault Grigson is a * 

2 minutes ago, Boomstick1 said:

i think a lot of us are wishing we didnt draft him at all

he's too much of a project to take in the second, his college tape wasnt even that great

he could still prove us wrong, but he could also prove us right.  it was a risky pick

Just now, aaron11 said:

i think a lot of us are wishing we didnt draft him at all

he's too much of a project to take in the second, his college tape wasnt even that great

he could still prove us wrong, but he could also prove us right.  it was a risky pick

Exact reason why I hate the pick plus Grigson said "you never find a guy with his measurables and speed" yet there is like 10 this year lol 

1 minute ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Exact reason why I hate the pick plus Grigson said "you never find a guy with his measurables and speed" yet there is like 10 this year lol 

yeah, they said something along the lines of his measurable are rare for a safety

im not really sure that is true, but more importantly i dont buy that green is a safety

hes a fast guy that doesnt really know much about playing the position

Just now, aaron11 said:

yeah, they said something along the lines of his measurable are rare for a safety

im not really sure that is true, but more importantly i dont buy that green is a safety

hes a fast guy that doesnt really know much about playing the position

Exactly his coverage in college was putrid and it isn't any better in the pros 

20 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

We got to go S somewhere high in the draft now lol cause Geathers is always hurt and Green sucks 

If you believe the news reports, the Colts have been looking at college safeties this post-season, so perhaps they think they will draft one they like somewhere.

Or we're going to sign Eric Berry........

6 minutes ago, DougDew said:

If you believe the news reports, the Colts have been looking at college safeties this post-season, so perhaps they think they will draft one they like somewhere.

Or we're going to sign Eric Berry........

Berry is off the table he signed a new contract :( but yes we have interviewed some safeties so that's good

I'm an Atlanta Braves fan, and we're in the same situation they are in now. Two years ago, they cleaned house, hired a new GM, and rebuilt the team. Essentially, we are getting our new GM, rebuilding, and this FA and draft will be the official start of the new Colts ERA. Hopefully it goes better than the last one.

Just now, BProland85 said:

I hope Butler is brought back on a short term deal at FS. 

I think he will. He can play slot CB or FS, so he has a lot of value to the team right now. It is possible that Ballard just cleans house though and gets his own players.

43 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Ok, so here's the deal. I'm not arguing that Green played badly, and I agree that we should have gone another direction with the pick, but just because it was a bad pick doesn't mean he "sucks" after just seeing him play his rookie year. By that logic, Landon Collin "sucks". So do Kam Chancellor and Barry Church. At least give him another season before flat out saying he "sucks" please.

I don't mind this at all. Adams is the man, and I'll never forget some of those memorable plays he had. Like the pick 6 against Tom Brady, but he's old. We gotta get younger. Excited to see how they address the situation. Lots of options in FA and specifically the draft. 

34 minutes ago, WarGhost21 said:

Ok, so here's the deal. I'm not arguing that Green played badly, and I agree that we should have gone another direction with the pick, but just because it was a bad pick doesn't mean he "sucks" after just seeing him play his rookie year. By that logic, Landon Collin "sucks". So do Kam Chancellor and Barry Church. At least give him another season before flat out saying he "sucks" please.

Sure but they all were way better at playing saftey in college then Green. Green didn't do % in college except be fast.

1 hour ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

He shouldn't have been drafted in the 2nd round there are like 10 safeties with his measurables in this class all are 20 times better at playing S it's not our fault Grigson is a * 

give me 10 safeties 6'3" 210 sub 4.3 40 

10 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Sure but they all were way better at playing saftey in college then Green. Green didn't do % in college except be fast.

Ok not to be "supporting" or siding with Green (cause I am not, I truly believe he was way overdrafted and Grigson didn't know what he was doing) but he hasn't been playing safety for long. He is still learning the position because it is still much newer to him than the vast majority of safeties drafted his year and probably this year too! Give him another year. Yes he sucks as of right now and he sucked a lot last year. But that doesn't mean he will continue to suck and be just as bad.

Grigson is gone, lets not worry about his picks anymore and just hope they still contribute. If they don't then you better believe Ballard will show no mercy. 

10 minutes ago, masnerj said:

Ok not to be "supporting" or siding with Green (cause I am not, I truly believe he was way overdrafted and Grigson didn't know what he was doing) but he hasn't been playing safety for long. He is still learning the position because it is still much newer to him than the vast majority of safeties drafted his year and probably this year too! Give him another year. Yes he sucks as of right now and he sucked a lot last year. But that doesn't mean he will continue to suck and be just as bad.

Grigson is gone, lets not worry about his picks anymore and just hope they still contribute. If they don't then you better believe Ballard will show no mercy. 

Weather he improves or not has nothing to do with it why draft a saftey that cant play saftey in the 2nd obi melifonwu is 20 times better then Green and he's right there this year yet safeties like green are "ultra rare"

7 minutes ago, MFT5 said:

*waits* for "10" ... 6'3" safeties, 210lbs, running sub 4.3 40s

Like I said turn on the TV Mayock talked about the huge amount this year all day long enjoy the stupid pick it's your ignorant choice green had a little insignificant am mouth of time faster in his 40 then the S today over 6 foot 

Smart move, time to get younger. I liked Adams though but it had to be done. Regarding Green, he was a Rookie last season so to already say he sucks or a bust is a bit of a stretch. He has blazing speed, so let him at least play this upcoming season before we bash on him. I still think Dorsett can pan out, you cant teach speed. Sometimes it takes 2 or 3 years for players to get it.

15 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Like I said turn on the TV Mayock talked about the huge amount this year all day long enjoy the stupid pick it's your ignorant choice green had a little insignificant am mouth of time faster in his 40 then the S today over 6 foot 

you've had time to watch tv today surely yu have time to back up your claim ... unless you're Mayock or yu name those 10 safeties the only thing ignorant here is your unmitigated opinion 

1 hour ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

OK....     T.J Green measured 6'2" 1/2  and weighed 205.

Here are some of his test results:

• Bench Press13.0 reps
  •  
  •  
  •    Vertical Jump35.5 inches    
  •  40 Yard Dash4.34 Secs
  •     Broad Jump129.0 inches

Who are the 10 safeties from this class who have the same or better measurements and test scores?

I'm not debating college tape.    Green's was horrible and we all knew it at the time.

But you've stated that it's not hard to find safeties who compare to Green,  so go ahead and back-up the claim.