Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts decide not to re-sign Adams

tvturner

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I'm an Atlanta Braves fan, and we're in the same situation they are in now. Two years ago, they cleaned house, hired a new GM, and rebuilt the team. Essentially, we are getting our new GM, rebuilding, and this FA and draft will be the official start of the new Colts ERA. Hopefully it goes better than the last one.

Jared...I've been a Braves fan since the 50s. I think the Colts and the Braves are on similar paths...real contention in 2 years.

1 hour ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Weather he improves or not has nothing to do with it why draft a saftey that cant play saftey in the 2nd obi melifonwu is 20 times better then Green and he's right there this year yet safeties like green are "ultra rare"

You're talking with the gift of hindsight. Obi was hardly on any radars at the beginning of the season and typically, safety is anot extremely weak position in the draft. This is actually the first really good safety draft in YEARS. Green may have been a reach in the 2nd, but they were projecting what he could be, not what he is.

Also, prior to this combine, how many safeties with that size ran that fast?

25 minutes ago, Shive said:

You're talking with the gift of hindsight. Obi was hardly on any radars at the beginning of the season and typically, safety is anot extremely weak position in the draft. This is actually the first really good safety draft in YEARS. Green may have been a reach in the 2nd, but they were projecting what he could be, not what he is.

Also, prior to this combine, how many safeties with that size ran that fast?

What good are those measurables if you suck butt at your position? I'd rather my saftey be a little slower and have coverage ability then run a 4.2 yet can't cover anyone. Everyone is way too excited about his stupid measurables that they forgot he is a terrible saftey.

15 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

What good are those measurables if you suck butt at your position? I'd rather my saftey be a little slower and have coverage ability then run a 4.2 yet can't cover anyone. Everyone is way too excited about his stupid measurables that they forgot he is a terrible saftey.

HE WAS NEVER SUPPOSED TO START! He was always a project that was supposed to sit and learn the position from Uncle Mike and play ST. They saw the measurables and flashes of good play, then projected what they believed he could become.

Also, you're the one talking about measurables....

I wasn't a fan of the pick, but my issue is less with the pick itself and more with you crying about us picking Green when there are so many safeties with similar measurable that are better this year. When the Green pick was made, most of the guys this year weren't on anyone's radar, so it made more sense at that point in time.

Given the need for a replacement for Mike Adams, who should we have drafted??

17 minutes ago, Shive said:

HE WAS NEVER SUPPOSED TO START! He was always a project that was supposed to sit and learn the position from Uncle Mike and play ST. They saw the measurables and flashes of good play, then projected what they believed he could become.

Also, you're the one talking about measurables....

I wasn't a fan of the pick, but my issue is less with the pick itself and more with you crying about us picking Green when there are so many safeties with similar measurable that are better this year. When the Green pick was made, most of the guys this year weren't on anyone's radar, so it made more sense at that point in time.

Given the need for a replacement for Mike Adams, who should we have drafted??

There was no need to draft a saftey that high mike was back again shoukd have taken a better positional value at 2 shoukd have been one of the guards and got a saftey late 

8 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

There was no need to draft a saftey that high mike was back again shoukd have taken a better positional value at 2 shoukd have been one of the guards and got a saftey late 

We were trying to build the defense.     There's nothing wrong with rating a safety in the 50's.     Hooker and Adams are both in the top-10.      Peppers is a late two, early three.      Safety's get picked in the 50's all the time.

Green didn't have the tape to warrant the pick,  but he had the physical skills to justify it if you trust our coaches.

Green's career isn't over yet.    Try not to judge a disappointing player by his rookie year. 

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

We were trying to build the defense.     There's nothing wrong with rating a safety in the 50's.     Hooker and Adams are both in the top-10.      Peppers is a late two, early three.      Safety's get picked in the 50's all the time.

Green didn't have the tape to warrant the pick,  but he had the physical skills to justify it if you trust our coaches.

Green's career isn't over yet.    Try not to judge a disappointing player by his rookie year. 

I judge it by his garbage play at Clemson then following it up with garbage play for us. Everyone loves to bring up Collins but he didn't suck *** at Bama.

22 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I judge it by his garbage play at Clemson then following it up with garbage play for us. Everyone loves to bring up Collins but he didn't suck *** at Bama.

I didn't bring up Collins.      I brought up examples of Safeties who are graded highly and who were either high draft picks,  or will soon be high draft picks since you complained about taking a safety so high.

I brought up what you said,  and you didn't bother to respond to what I said....   you're just a broken record saying the same thing over and over.

Just because Green was terrible last year doesn't automatically mean he'll be terrible this year.    He might.   It's possible.     But he also might be much improved.

By the way,   saying the word "suck" in every post doesn't make you a tough guy.    Just another angry young poster here.      In case you haven't noticed,  we have tons of those.   15-29 year olds who just post negative stuff almost every post.      

If you'd like to stand out in a crowd,  feel free to try a new approach that doesn't say "Dude" or "suck" all the time.    You might get somewhere....

2 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Some say that safety is the hardest position in the NFL to learn.

IMO you haven't got a clue as how well Green is going to play after learning how to be a NFL safety. He was never suppose to be a starter but was forced into that roll. Take that and add the fact he played injured he was not prepared to be a starter.

It is too premature to judge at this point. He is on a rookie contract so we all wait and see what his learning curve is.

While it's fun watching someone try and dig deeper into the hole they made for themselves, let's keep this on track. it's about Adams not being retained not about Green. Can we stop shoehorning Grigson hate into every topic, the man is gone, let's all move on.

I for one would like to thank Mike for his sterling play for the Colts during his time here. 

Mike Adams balled out for us, and he was a great veteran presence. His speed wasn't where it used to be, but he was still a good ball hawking safety. 

With TJ Green (sucks) and Geathers (hurt a lot) I really hope that Butler is close to re-signing with the team. 

No one should be surprised by Adams. Gave us 2 great seasons. But Ballard is clearly going with a more youthful approach which is absolutely necessary at this point. I sad a few months ago that everyone on the roster 30 or over should be gone and I stand by that. Walden shouldn't be resigned and Jones cut. Frank Gore overachieved behind our mediocre line, but there's no reason to keep a guy that old around. Butler is versatile, but like Green, there's like 10+ players in the draft that can do what he does. But big thanks to Adams for his contributions. He's like 1 out of maybe 4 Grigson FA picks that really worked out.

I also agree with the Green comments. The combine really shows how much of a bad pick and reach that was. Let's hope Ballard is looking for an upgrade in the draft. We've already interviewed a few safeties.

I'm actually surprised by not giving him at least 1 more year. Mike Adams is still a good player and did really well for us. 2 time pro bowler, 12 interceptions, and 7 forced fumbles. The only thing going against him is his age. I think we're looking a bit more vulnerable now in my opinion.

6 hours ago, rockywoj said:

Bloody hell, man ... regurgitating the nonsense that he "sucks" because the fired GM maybe over drafted him.   Regardless of draft position, does he SUCK so bloody much if he was, say, a 7th round pick?

To say somebody sucks because of the round he is drafted in, which he has no control over ... well to re-state my previous post, I think YOU suck for being an unfairly judgemental A#%.

He has a point. Let's meet in the middle and say Green was a 4th round pick. Maybe he lasts there, maybe he doesn't. Probably not, but for the sake of argument, lets say he does. Basically, that means we get Green in the 4th (closer to where he's supposed to go), and instead of Antonio Morrison and TJ Green, we get someone like Deion Jones or Cody Whitehair (two people at positions of need). I'm speaking in hindsight, but I also don't know one person who wanted Green, or thought Green was a good pick last year. Sometimes, the simplest decision is the best decision. Don't get cute, go BPA, stick to the gameplan. As a 2nd round pick, he's been a bust to the team in year one because of where he was taken and who he could of potentially cost us.

Adams' play didn't fall off a cliff last year but you can see his age starting to catch up to him and with Ballard wanting to get younger, it wasn't that hard a call to make.

That said, he had 2 VERY GOOD years with the team and Grigson needs to be commended for that signing.

Ahh what a great thread this turned into.  TJ green and Mike Adams. The two players that epitomize Griggles philosophy:). Drafting terrible in early rounds, and signing old bandaids in FA to start for us. Ahhh good stuff. Goooood stuff.

Any ways, Adams was a good player for us. Hope he has success another year somewhere else. 

I'm ok with this, time to get younger.  

That said, Thanks to Mike Adams for all your effort and hard work.  I appreciate that the best football years of your career where played here.  You gave a lot more then what was expected of you. 

1 hour ago, lollygagger8 said:

Mike Adams balled out for us, and he was a great veteran presence. His speed wasn't where it used to be, but he was still a good ball hawking safety. 

With TJ Green (sucks) and Geathers (hurt a lot) I really hope that Butler is close to re-signing with the team. 

Adams had the veteran instinct to be at the right place and right time.  I hope Ballard finds a vet to solidify this group.  Vonte is not a leader.

Too early for me to say TJ sucks.  He puts on a few more pounds....hes not afraid to hit you! (my apostropy is not working on keyboard for English majors. :)  )

24 minutes ago, Majin Vegeta said:

Atlanta went to the Super Bowl after an 8-8 season,  with 4 rookies starting on defense. And I think three 2nd year defenders. Colts will be fine without their 3 "leaders" next year. 

I hope we have leadership from some acquired vets. I am one who believes in leaders in every phase of the game.  

1 hour ago, Majin Vegeta said:

Ahh what a great thread this turned into.  TJ green and Mike Adams. The two players that epitomize Griggles philosophy:). Drafting terrible in early rounds, and signing old bandaids in FA to start for us. Ahhh good stuff. Goooood stuff.

Any ways, Adams was a good player for us. Hope he has success another year somewhere else. 

Green isn't Terrible!!!!  Lol

1 hour ago, PeterBowman said:

Adams' play didn't fall off a cliff last year but you can see his age starting to catch up to him and with Ballard wanting to get younger, it wasn't that hard a call to make.

That said, he had 2 VERY GOOD years with the team and Grigson needs to be commended for that signing.

Yes, he might have been his best free agent pickup.  

Like key I said before Mike played well here but the time is right to move on from him.  Father Time remains undefeated.