Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Luck recovering from surgery

HungarianColtsFan

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I agree that this probably isn't a big deal. However, I also agree with those on the other side of the aisle questioning why Luck was playing in the final game of the season if there was any lingering concern in the shoulder. That just seems silly to expose him to risk when there is literally nothing to gain from him playing at that point.

And the final game was good. Vintage game-winning drive by Luck for a feel-good moment in a season that didn't have too many of those (and I got to see it in person to boot). Just not sure it was justified if there was a lingering injury in his shoulder. Whether or not Pagano is on the hot seat, Pagano shouldn't risk the franchise just to keep his job (if that is in fact why Luck played).

3 minutes ago, indy1888 said:

3 months before he can start throwing, 6 months for full recovery.  Will Carroll indicated this kind of timeline suggests a more in depth procedure then he initially thought. Also means he will miss a good part of the offseason programs.  

Since we're dealing with the Colts, we can probably double those recovery periods. 

7 minutes ago, indy1888 said:

3 months before he can start throwing, 6 months for full recovery.  Will Carroll indicated this kind of timeline suggests a more in depth procedure then he initially thought. Also means he will miss a good part of the offseason programs.  

Well that sucks!! Means he won't be able to do anything to improve in the offseason and will be behind the 8ball next year..6 months means he could miss training camp too...We didn't need this..

1 hour ago, colt18 said:

It's not a big deal, just further proof that we can't trust Irsay's words.

At the time, Luck didn't need surgery,  so I don't think it's a case of not trusting Irsay's words.    He didn't do anything that 31 other owners wouldn't do.

Now that the surgery has happened,  it's Irsay who makes the announcement.

I doubt Irsay's words back then were "....he'll never have to have surgery for this..."

And if this still bothers you,  look at this way.....   you don't want anyone saying anything that tells the opponent that Luck has a shoulder problem.      Keep it in-house.     So if you think of this as lying,  then think of it as a good "white" lie....     some information is best kept a secret until it's time to announce it.

Just something to consider....  

Surgery Hmm..no surprise. By playing behind the o-line shuffle for the last few seasons, I'm surprised Andrew is not in traction. Great work Ryan! and Jimmy u keep on giving him praise on the great job he's doing only through your rose colored glasses.  

8 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

At the time, Luck didn't need surgery,  so I don't think it's a case of not trusting Irsay's words.    He didn't do anything that 31 other owners wouldn't do.

Now that the surgery has happened,  it's Irsay who makes the announcement.

I doubt Irsay's words back then were "....he'll never have to have surgery for this..."

And if this still bothers you,  look at this way.....   you don't want anyone saying anything that tells the opponent that Luck has a shoulder problem.      Keep it in-house.     So if you think of this as lying,  then think of it as a good "white" lie....     some information is best kept a secret until it's time to announce it.

Just something to consider....  

Luck could have gotten some 2nd and 3rd opinions as well before going under the knife, sometimes it takes time.

3 minutes ago, #12. said:

People are questioning why he played the final game.  A better question:  why are the GM, coach and scheme that have gotten him beaten to death for 5 years still in place?

Because they made a pact. Let's see how well this season play out with the 3 stooges again. I don't have much faith in them.

1 hour ago, indy1888 said:

If that timeline holds true, he'll likely just miss OTAs. Any setbacks would be bad though.

34 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I think the best news here is that this was outpatient surgery.  

I believe that means arthroscopic and NOT full blown surgery where they open you up.

If there's going to be surgery,  then this the best news possible.

Outpatient surgery just means they didn't spend the night in hospital. Most surgeries to athletes are outpatient surgeries. A 6 month full recovery to me seems a bit much for just a little clean up.

38 minutes ago, chrisfarley said:

Luck could have gotten some 2nd and 3rd opinions as well before going under the knife, sometimes it takes time.

Yes,  and thank you!

That's an EXTREMELY GOOD POINT!       

And for that,  you get    :colts:    for making such a strong and important point!

Many thanks!

51 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I think the best news here is that this was outpatient surgery.  

I believe that means arthroscopic and NOT full blown surgery where they open you up.

If there's going to be surgery,  then this the best news possible.

Don't let the outpatient part fool you. That has nothing to do with severity. 

16 minutes ago, indy1888 said:

Outpatient surgery just means they didn't spend the night in hospital. Most surgeries to athletes are outpatient surgeries. A 6 month full recovery to me seems a bit much for just a little clean up.

I understand.

But if they had given him full blown shoulder surgery and really opened him up,  then he'd be spending a night in the hospital.       

This tells me his recovery will be much better,  much easier and much faster.     I don't have a time table,  but he should be 100% good to go long before the season starts....

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I understand.

But if they had given him full blown shoulder surgery and really opened him up,  then he'd be spending a night in the hospital.       

This tells me his recovery will be much better,  much easier and much faster.     I don't have a time table,  but he should be 100% good to go long before the season starts....

My buddy had rotator cuff surgery and went home the same day.   Pretty much all arthroscopic surgeries are

The fan base is angry because they want Grigson and/or Pagano gone and Irsay goes silent.  When he does start talking it is to tell us the franchise QB needs surgery and the reason is very likely because Grigson and Pagano failed to protect him. Talk about throwing gas on a fire.