Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Such a winnable game. Pats did not really "wow" me.

zibby43

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This Pats team is very beatable.

But for handing the Pats the game with a baffling ST play, the Colts absolutely stood toe-to-toe with New England.

Absolutely! Going to be tough wacthing this one in the film room. Let's see how the pats do later in the season. They're beatable

Got away from the balanced offense....... like always

Pep just doesn't learn. Your QB just got back and you out here having him throw 80 times

Run the ball!!!!

But defense was beautiful. Glad we're healthy aside from Geathers & Adams getting hurt. Proud of this team, disgusted with the coaches

Doesn't matter how'd they look. A win is a win. They own us and we won't beat them next time either

They beat the Colts down in all of the previous meetings.  Slaughtered them.

The Colts handed this game to NE on a silver platter. 

Absolutely! Going to be tough wacthing this one in the film room. Let's see how the pats do later in the season. They're beatable

Completely agree.

If we play them in foxboro we lose by 20

Glad you're not on the team.  Would never win a single game with that mindset.

Doesn't matter how'd they look. A win is a win. They own us and we won't beat them next time either

lmao not with that attitude. They won, but we had moments and if we capatilize on these next time then I see good things coming our way. At the very least we should be more confident going into this next stretch of games

Moncrief recovered that first onside kick. I don't know what the heck the refs were thinking. He had the ball and walked out of the pile with it. Griff cost us the game by snapping the ball though. We fought hard, but found a way to screw it up.

Pep just doesn't learn. Your QB just got back and you out here having him throw 80 times

Run the ball!!!!

But defense was beautiful. Glad we're healthy aside from Geathers & Adams getting hurt. Proud of this team, disgusted with the coaches

You're absolutely correct.

The Colts got away from the balanced attack.  They got away from the "quick" passes.

The botched ST play really put the Colts offense in a bad spot. 

Well we are getting closer........

Have to play 60 minutes of SMART football and score more yet again.

I don't think we were closer. Honestly I think the Patriots took their foot off the pedal so BB could secure that this coaching staff remains employed. That way he knows there is a free win to get in playoffs.

lmao not with that attitude. They won, but we had moments and if we capatilize on these next time then I see good things coming our way. At the very least we should be more confident going into this next stretch of games

Against any other team I expect us to win. Just not against NE

Any team is theoretically "beatable", but the fact is... Patriots played arguably their worst game of season (pick-6, multiple dropped interceptions, lost a number of OL to injuries) and we still couldn't beat them. Silver-linings are great and all, but do the Colts look like a team that can win in Foxboro in January, and then beat a Packers team in SF???

Took us a long time to get over the hump even with Peyton.

I think it will be the same for Luck. But, it will happen.......

The second half was completely meh.......but lessons are learned here too.

I am not thrilled we lost either and think this game was ours if we wanted it. But, nothing can be done now. Have to hope we regroup and beat the Saints at home since they won't be easy either......

Killed ourselves with penalties and "Questionable" special team play-calling. We were even kneel in the first half. Gutsy play calling in the first half. Second half is where everything went down hill....trying to hard to outsmart the BB. Playing BALANCED football and feeding Gore would have won us this game. 

They did played Patriot ball tonight.

One, that inside was supposed to be our recovery.

Another Mike Adams, the chief of the secondary being gone really hurt us.

Last. That okay call on the swinging gate formation was ridiculous, but Whalen was to blame.

Something to build on, but we have to stick to the run game. My brother is a cowboy fan, and last year I bagged on him for the Cowboys sticking to the run when down by two or more touchdowns. If it's working keep, stick to it.

Overall, Patriots beat us in all fazes, but most importantly, coaching.

Run the ball!!!!

It is very inexplicable. The play action passing just disappears when he and pep get back together. Also gore was running all over them and we just did not leverage off of that the way we needed to. I did not think either of those special teams decisions were good business. Dissapointing.....We played the very game in which I said I would scream if I saw it.

Well we are getting closer........

Have to play 60 minutes of SMART football and score more yet again.

Indeed, playing smart football though 4 quarters is something this team is really struggling to do.  Game was great until they ran that stupid illegal play.  Of course the Patriots capitalize off it then that changes the game completely. 

Killed ourselves with penalties and "Questionable" special team play-calling. We were even kneel in the first half. Gutsy play calling in the first half. Second half is where everything went down hill....trying to hard to outsmart the BB. Playing BALANCED football and feeding Gore would have won us this game.

It seems we never learn. Once we got a sense we could make some plays down field we got focused too heavily on that I think and lost the balance. Looked more like weeks one through 3 offensively

Indeed, playing smart football though 4 quarters is something this team is really struggling to do. Game was great until they ran that stupid illegal play. Of course the Patriots capitalize off it then that changes the game completely.

Still way too many penalties. We negated some good gains with holding tonight, killing our own drives.

We're almost halfway into this season. Why are those things still an issue?

Before the game, I might have agreed. We, potentially, beat ourselves with 2 very stupid plays. I was only hopeful going in to this game, but wouldn't have bet on the Colts winning. However, this was VERY winnable. If not for 2 goof-ball plays, we very well could have won.

Still way too many penalties. We negated some good gains with holding tonight, killing our own drives.

We're almost halfway into this season. Why are those things still an issue?

Your guess is as good as mine, the holding calls are drive killers.  11 penalties for 103 yards is points left off the board for sure.

Your guess is as good as mine, the holding calls are drive killers. 11 penalties for 103 yards is points left off the board for sure.

And the most alarming thing, at least to me, is the percentage of them being committed by our best linemen. (Costanzo) Add to that the fact that prior to this season this stuff has never really been an issue with him before and you have a real head-scratching situation.

Colts keep beating themselves with flags and mental mistakes like the trick play on the punt. While it wasn't excuted right it had little to no chance of working to start with. Take the delay of game and punt or better yet just punt in the first place. Colts got too cute.

Still, how many times have seen a big play whipped out this season by a hold? I think you have to start fining the linemen every time they are called for a hold. It's killing the offense.

I also think Luck reverted in the second half, looking for the home run. Granted the Pats adjusted very well so maybe Luck had to look down the field but I would have liked to see more screens, especially with Bradshaw, and more running with Gore not out of the shotgun.

Before the game, I might have agreed. We, potentially, beat ourselves with 2 very stupid plays. I was only hopeful going in to this game, but wouldn't have bet on the Colts winning. However, this was VERY winnable. If not for 2 goof-ball plays, we very well could have won.

What was the second stupid play call?

I don't know how they're calling holding. A lot of those holding calls are bogus, IMO.

I thought a lot of them were crap as well. I don't complain about the refs as much as others but the pats got a lot of calls in their favor tonight. Not to mention the refs saying the pats recovered the on side even though they didn't. Just a terrible night of officiating IMO.

I don't know how they're calling holding. A lot of those holding calls are bogus, IMO.

its more frustrating when you see on the Pats last TD their lineman had a Colts lineman around the neck and no call.

I think the Colts have a rep for it now so the refs throw it when it's close. Which isn't right, it's lazy officiating but this crew proved they were lazy when said Pats ball on the onside kick based on what they thought they saw rather then unpiling the pile to see who really got it.

With said, too many mistakes by the Colts on their part. You can't score just seven points in the second half and expect to beat New England. Also rather we think it's holding or not the refs are calling it, the Colts have to adjust. Then there was the whole punt debacle...

Any team is theoretically "beatable", but the fact is... Patriots played arguably their worst game of season (pick-6, multiple dropped interceptions, lost a number of OL to injuries) and we still couldn't beat them. Silver-linings are great and all, but do the Colts look like a team that can win in Foxboro in January, and then beat a Packers team in SF???

You're sadly mistaken if you think GB is a lock to come out the NFC. Carolina can & will give them a run for their money should they meet in January(especially if they play in Carolina) along with Atlanta. Yes tonight's loss stung like hell, but we've proven we can hang with them & quite frankly, I'm praying we do see them again.

I liked it. It took guts and we recovered it. It caught them completely off guard.

I would agree we recovered it, but they gave it to NE. Even though that should have been our ball, I don't think that was a good call, maybe gutsy, but not good. And unnecessary.

I liked it. It took guts and we recovered it. It caught them completely off guard.

right, if you do it when they think it's coming you probably aren't going to get it. Chuck tried to wave the ride of momentum after the pick 6 and still gave it to them at the 35 rather than the 20. Acceptable risk because if you get that ball (well have the refs call it right) and score your now up 21-10. That puts New England behind the 8 ball.