Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts trade for DL Billy Winn

bababooey

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless his foot deteriorated his ability Wynn is an excellent player. The Browns are stocked at DT, in fact they just released a former 1st rounder so it's not at all out of the question to think Wynn can be a good player on the turf..

Not sure it's the same Winn you're thinking

We needed a big rotational guy

He has started 18 games

He was fast enough to block a kick.......... (Most of the former DL, would move quickly at the line of the cafeteria...... but thats it)

He doesnt need to be JJ Watt..... just rotational depth to give the starters a breather

This is a decent pickup

Love the pick-up.

Love that Grigson is always, ALWAYS trying to find a way to make the team better.

We've given up next to nothing for a guy who hopefully turns out to be a decent rotational player.    

And to those who complain that Grigson is in love with trading with teams like the Browns and the Raiders....   well,  what are you expecting in the days leading up to the start of a new season?     Teams who are in contention don't want to trade away talent for a future low pick.     It's teams that are rebuilding,  retooling,  who are willing to do that.

Grigson will trade with anyone.    The only reason we did a deal with Oakland and Cleveland now is....   that's who is willing to deal now for what we're offering.

This was a smart move.    Minimal risk for potential upside.

Myers should clear waivers and we'll wind up stashing him

I like getting Billy Winn, but after hearing the Ravens wanted Myers on their practice squad, I think they claim him on waivers. Unless he was just awful in practice, I think it was a mistake to drop Winn if the intention is to put him on the practice squad. Good trade, bad player to drop.

Has the raw potential to be a game wrecker at D Line but inconsistent with his hands. I like the pick up...Not because I think he will live up to what his potential is but because I think he just did not get a lot of playing time in Cleveland on defense. Low risk, potential for high reward

Now people can stop complaining about our D-Line depth. Not that these guys are proven vets, but at least they all showed some potential. That's 7 lineman now. Should be plenty.

Not terribly disappointed to see Herron go tbh. He was clutch for us in the playoffs but he was always a bubble player IMO. He was an UDFA scat back, who also had some fumbles. He'll eventually make someone's team when he's healthy though. But I think the Colts liked what they had in Ballard, Robinson, and Varga behind Gore. I wish him the best though.

I like getting Billy Winn, but after hearing the Ravens wanted Myers on their practice squad, I think they claim him on waivers. Unless he was just awful in practice, I think it was a mistake to drop Winn if the intention is to put him on the practice squad. Good trade, bad player to drop.

Sorry, a mistake to drop myers lol

Thanks for telling me that. I mentioned Williams because if Ballard's injury woes continue, Williams is a realistic scatback option that Grigson has experience with and we could realistically pick up.

I got my eye on Raheem Mostert of the Eagles PS

This is a really good move right here. Winn isn't a star or nothing, but he's a really good, and experienced backup/rotational defensive lineman. And he's athletic for a 300lb guy too. But yeah. Really good move. IMO he'll be better than RJF was with us, and I thought Ricky was alright. And Winn's still young and I think he has the potential to become even better.

Oh and I don't worry about us letting Boom go. He's nothing special. Guys like him are a dime a dozen. I look for big things outta J-Rob, Ballard, and/or Varga. Gore's our main man, but between those 3 backups. One should emerge as a quality backup, or hopefully more. As for Myers. I didn't know a thing about him, but I mean most likely he's not going to turn into a beast or anything.

I decided to do a little looking in on him as I remember the name, but couldn't remember much more than that. When he came out of college it looks like whoever scouted for NFL.com loved him as a prospect. They graded him at a 84.0, rating him as a perennial All-Pro. I thought that was pretty interesting.

Link: http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/billy-winn?id=2532976