Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Embarrassing

Stoney

People this is embarrassing. Saying our defense is awful is putting it nicely. This game is the cherry on top. We get exposed every time we play a good team with good coaching, we simply can't hang. We don't only get beat by the good teams, we get manhandled. Pagano and Grigson are lost. How do you let them do this to us in our home???

People this is embarrassing. Saying our defense is awful is putting it nicely. This game is the cherry on top. We get exposed every time we play a good team with good coaching, we simply can't hang. We don't only get beat by the good teams, we get manhandled. Pagano and Grigson are lost. How do you let them do this to us in our home???

DMIENE7.png?1

Really its Pagano fought they cant play defense

I'm more disappointed about the injuries to Allen and Bradshaw at the moment than I am about losing this game. Having said that, not only was the defense weak, the running game! Stat line refresher for y'all: 4 yards on 7 carries for Bradshaw and 0 yards on 7 carries for T-Rich.

Embarrassing? No. We just got beat. We tried. Good effort. We just aren't there yet. At least we know how far we have to go ...

How is it not embarrassing to lose to them at their home horribly 2 times, and then finally have them come to us on SNF and they steamroll us.

I guess people forget we were just 2-14 a couple seasons ago. New England is a better team. It's very hard to beat Bellichek no matter what team you have.

That was 3 years ago. Our rookies are almost ready for big boy contracts. It's time to step up and stop making excuses for blow outs

Wow, looked like a bunch of defenseless punching bags on the D-line. Probably one of the most treacherous, brutal performances I've seen in a long time. Manusky prides his defenses on stopping the run? These guys took bodies and destroyed them. To me, the same principles always hold true in football- contain the line of scrimmage. This team is not ready to contend for much. And I hate to say things like that, I mean you will rarely hear that coming from me. Beating out the Texans for this division is back to being the number one focus. That is enough of a challenge. 

colts play with easy to middle of the road teams  when the big boys they lose.

yes they are against top teams

Wow, looked like a bunch of defenseless punching bags on the D-line. Probably one of the most treacherous, brutal performances I've seen in a long time. Manusky prides his defenses on stopping the run? These guys took bodies and destroyed them. To me, the same principles always hold true in football- contain the line of scrimmage. This team is not ready to contend for much. And I hate to say things like that, I mean you will rarely hear that coming from me. Beating out the Texans for this division is back to being the number one focus. That is enough of a challenge.

Yeah... and they really are not as far behind us as alot of people wanna think.

you can't blame Grigson, he doesn't prepare the team.  Colts couldn't tackle at all, D and O lines were dominated for parts of the game, their DBs are better than solid, BB is a genius tactician.  He would have helped us in WWII when we were getting our butts kicked during certain conflicts and our defensive positioning.  Eishenhower and Patton didn't have experience like the Axis powers generals did, BB has lots of war experience as a coach.  I'd say he's a "four-star" coach/general WITH a proven track record!!  Ok, so back on track (sorry), ...... Yes, Pagano looked lost or not in complete control as a head coach , but again, Grigson cannot be blamed.

This team needs to make MAJOR changes in the off season. And I'm mostly talking about the defense and offensive line.. And why we have guys like Nicks and Harrison starting is beyond me

This same statement is made year in and year out.  The only other change is an ownership change.

Grigson is not lost...he is busting his tail to try to get players for the team but there is not much out there...major improvement will need to wait until next year's draft/UDFA/UFA season.

Pagano and Pep are the ones who are lost...Coach Chuck had that dear-in-the-headlights look again tonight on the sidelines and Pep is still not up to the job of calling an NFL game against a good team.

I guess people forget we were just 2-14 a couple seasons ago. New England is a better team. It's very hard to beat Bellichek no matter what team you have.

You do realize that we only have 5 players on the team that was here in 2011. and 2 of those players are McAfee and Vinatieri. Really no excuse. I understand losing to the pats and belichik. But to lose by 22? at HOME? that is most definitely embarrasing.

I'm not even hesitant about playing in Foxborough any more now that we've gotten beat at home as well.

This whole thing is all about us being prepared to play on the grand stage, whether it be at home or away.

IF this defense would have held up better than paper machet tonight I think the result would have been 

different.  The problem lies more in the things that we are doing to ourselves,not what the other team is doing.

We get in these games and the coaching is bad, the tackling is bad, and the run blocking is bad.  It seems to 

always be something we are doing to shoot ourselves in the foot.

Grigson is not lost...he is busting his tail to try to get players for the team but there is not much out there...major improvement will need to wait until next year's draft/UDFA/UFA season.

Pagano and Pep are the ones who are lost...Coach Chuck had that dear-in-the-headlights look again tonight on the sidelines and Pep is still not up to the job of calling an NFL game against a good team.

Grigson is the one that put this team together. I just think this approach of getting all these injury prone, Canadian league players, and trading away top Draft picks for our rolling ball of Butcher knives, is ruining our chances of what could be with this team. Whatever happened to drafting smart? He's had one good year ever since then has been a huge disappointment

Grigson is the one that put this team together. I just think this approach of getting all these injury prone, Canadian league players, and trading away top Draft picks for our rolling ball of Butcher knives, is ruining our chances of what could be with this team. Whatever happened to drafting smart? He's had one good year ever since then has been a huge disappointment

Here's the thing....Trading away the first for Trent wasn't the best move, but we could've drafted a flat out terrible guy. We can't live in hypotheticals though, gotta work with what we have. This years draft class has been good though. Last years...well yeah that was a draft.

Colts are pretenders. Since the Denver game last year Colts are 0-5 vs. the best teams in the league. At some point if you want to be elite you have to start beating these teams and three of them haven't been close.

Agreed. You are generally pretty positive but there is no sugar coating this one.

Agreed. You are generally pretty positive but there is no sugar coating this one.

I try to be positive but not a homer either.  This is still a young football team that is developing.  They aren't one of the elite teams in the NFL yet.  The good news for Colts fans is that they should be a force in the AFC long after Manning and Brady are retired.  These growing pains will payoff but they are growing pains right now. 

Here's the thing....Trading away the first for Trent wasn't the best move, but we could've drafted a flat out terrible guy. We can't live in hypotheticals though, gotta work with what we have. This years draft class has been good though. Last years...well yeah that was a draft.

Atleast we would've been giving ourselves a chance in the Draft. U don't trade away a 1st for a RB knowing you have a horrible O-Line. I'm just some fan, not the one making millions, and even im not that stupid about the situation. Andrew is getting robbed from what could be, poor dude has to put up superman numbers if we wanna win games.

I'm not even hesitant about playing in Foxborough any more now that we've gotten beat at home as well.

This whole thing is all about us being prepared to play on the grand stage, whether it be at home or away.

IF this defense would have held up better than paper machet tonight I think the result would have been

different. The problem lies more in the things that we are doing to ourselves,not what the other team is doing.

We get in these games and the coaching is bad, the tackling is bad, and the run blocking is bad. It seems to

always be something we are doing to shoot ourselves in the foot.

Exactly how I feel really...and its very concerning and aggravating.

you can't blame Grigson, he doesn't prepare the team.  Colts couldn't tackle at all, D and O lines were dominated for parts of the game, their DBs are better than solid, BB is a genius tactician.  He would have helped us in WWII when we were getting our butts kicked during certain conflicts and our defensive positioning.  Eishenhower and Patton didn't have experience like the Axis powers generals did, BB has lots of war experience as a coach.  I'd say he's a "four-star" coach/general WITH a proven track record!!  Ok, so back on track (sorry), ...... Yes, Pagano looked lost or not in complete control as a head coach , but again, Grigson cannot be blamed.

What?