Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Embarrassing

Stoney

That's hilarious. Except you have no way of defending this teams heart. Tired of seeing this team get BULLDOZED on national tv with big time games on the line. We are getting outcoached!

Outcoached? That's what some of us have been saying for years. It doesn't matter how much talent we have on the field - and I think we have all the on-field talent we need, now, to easily win a Super Bowl - we have achieved all that is possible with the current coaching staff - a 10 - 6 record.

Bruce Arians does much more with much less talent.

The structural problem I see is that the Colt's (the organization) cannot "see" what truly makes a good coach as a separate concern from the on-field talent. That goes back decades. Until that changes, this is the best we can expect.

Outcoached? That's what some of us have been saying for years. It doesn't matter how much talent we have on the field - and I think we have all the on-field talent we need, now, to easily win a Super Bowl - we have achieved all that is possible with the current coaching staff - a 10 - 6 record.

Bruce Arians does much more with much less talent.

The structural problem I see is that the Colt's (the organization) cannot "see" what truly makes a good coach as a separate concern from the on-field talent. That goes back decades. Until that changes, this is the best we can expect.

Please stop glorifying arians.. did you not notice what kind of defense arizona has?? The ofense scores 14 and it's more than enough to win..

And can you imagine sacking pagano after he came back from leukemia and promoting arians to head coach??

Whats more embarrassing was Sergio Brown running his loud mouth after such a pi** poor effort all game long. That was a pathetic performance. We still don't have a "thumper" of a LB, Freeman aint it, poor arm tackling technique

Well he eventually got planted by Gronk as a reward for his punk mouth. I hope the 15 yards was worth it. But like you, I could see him mouthing, once right after a nine yard gain on first down.

Embarrassing? No. We just got beat. We tried. Good effort. We just aren't there yet. At least we know how far we have to go ...

Good Effort.... what game did you watch.  I am not and have not been one to bash a coach, but our D was not prepared at all, looked terrible form the start, and they were coming off a bye!  2 out of the last 3 weeks the defense has been embarrassing.  I am ready to believe the defensive coordinator has to go.... and Rex Ryan will surely be available.  It is the defense that makes the offense one dimensional in these losses... it is sad to have to see this season fade away, but we are a least a year away from competing with the NE's of the world.

People this is embarrassing. Saying our defense is awful is putting it nicely. This game is the cherry on top. We get exposed every time we play a good team with good coaching, we simply can't hang. We don't only get beat by the good teams, we get manhandled. Pagano and Grigson are lost. How do you let them do this to us in our home???

I have some observations: 1) we don't have a physical presence in the middle of the defense. Not on the line of scrimmage and not at the 2nd level in the inside linebacker. Freeman is just so small. 2) the safety play was terrible. I kept thinking that maybe they would put in Landry simply because he is a more physical presence than Brown but it didn't happen. Landry hasn't played up to his contract but I think he should have been given the chance last night vs the physical running style of the patriots. 3) I'm disappointed with where this team is at talent wise on defense. I like the corners and the OLB's when Mathis is healthy but otherwise there isn't much there.

Good Effort.... what game did you watch.  I am not and have not been one to bash a coach, but our D was not prepared at all, looked terrible form the start, and they were coming off a bye!  2 out of the last 3 weeks the defense has been embarrassing.  I am ready to believe the defensive coordinator has to go.... and Rex Ryan will surely be available.  It is the defense that makes the offense one dimensional in these losses... it is sad to have to see this season fade away, but we are a least a year away from competing with the NE's of the world.

I did not see guys taking plays off or not trying is my point. We were just beat physically and outcoached like you said.

Hate to use this quote, but the Colts are exactly who we thought they were. Average team, with average players who can't hang with the big boys in the NFL. I feel like every year I'm looking towards the off-season because the flaws are apparent. Most of them are things we knew were wrong last season but never got fixed. I'm onto the draft already. We'll either go one and done, or get spanked by the Broncos or Pats in the second round.

We were blown off the ball all night! And here, earlier this week, I said that the D-line was the least of my concerns. I don't understand who we can get dominated like this, coming off a bye, and on a huge SNF home game. 

Now with Bradshaw out we're in even more trouble. Not that it matters when you only have 4 rushing yards in a game

disappointing all around 

I'm so upset, I don't even know what to do right now. Tired of the same crap year in and year out! We always go down the field and stall, we always get out-coached and for some reason we keep those bums(coaches). Tired of the pre-school pep hamilton nonsense plays. Luck is grown, it's about time we cut the umbilical cord already, sheesh! We never go get play makers. Our kicker is like 1 of the best players on the team. How is it ur kicker is a better playmaker than most the offense? We too cheap to pay, so we will never play...in the big game that is. I dont care about that bum win we're gona get next week. I dont care about anybody on our schedule this year except Eagles, Broncos, Steelers, and Pats. All failed. We stink and it's our coaching. Coaches know things like not handing the ball off to a rb thats gonna lose yards when ur gettin blown out or gettin man-handled. We did the same crap against the Ravens in Luck 1st year. Same crap last year...I dont' understand. Who here doesn't know what's gonna happen when Trent gets the ball? Seriously. Then on top of it u hand off to this guy when we are getting annihilated. Only to punt after his attempts. I think the coaches are just here for a check. .the fans and the wins. They paid, don't matter.We have so many issues it's too many to name here and it's allllllll coaching. Look at the bum teams the Pats always have. Belicheck and Brady refuses to let them lose. They get in the office and make adjustments. Now we have the Qb, we just don't have that type coach. They are holding Lucks' progress up dramatically.....I couldn't believe the plays we were calling all the way into the 4th Quarter. The way those running plays are designed STINK!!!!! The pass plays are barely good. Look, our whole scheme is horrible. It's all on if Luck has a good day or not and he still don't get the green light. That micro manage crap is old school. We need coaches. It begins there. If we didn't have Luck, we would be a 1 or 2 win team. Easy....that's serious man and really something to think about. We have to make moves. Or adjustments...somethin!!! Stop just showing up to work for a check. How is it we only 1 win above the Texans and they have no qb or all types of qbs? How is that? What's the use of gettin Luck if the next best team in the division didn't have to spend so much on their qb and they only 1 win away? This is a disgrace, a waste of Luck and a true embarrassment. I'm glad I found this topic to vent on. Sorry it's so long folks but if ur a true Colt like me, u feel the same or worse. I really hated losing to the Steelers. Those fans man.....annoying.

Edited by Nadine
masked profanity

So we haven't learned anything from the past huh? Its not Lucks fault, its the cast around him.

luck wasn't the one who couldn't tackle and was getting blown off the ball all night. Luck made some mistakes sure, the forced pass to reggie that ended up picked comes to mind, but he was far from the main problem.

I don't know if it's not learning from the past though, Grigson has spent big money in other areas namely the defense, just other than Davis they haven't performed to be frank.

As a Season ticket holder and having attended this game, I walked out embarrassed for this club.  2 Weeks off and you come out and play like this?  Really...

You don't take one like this at HOME    Somebody on the coaching staff needs to be accountable...   This is WAY past the point where something needs to happen...  

This defense was abysmal 

Drunk Patriot guy in my season ticket holder section laughed us out of the Stadium last night...   And honestly, we deserved it

I'm more than a little chapped about this performance

As a Season ticket holder and having attended this game, I walked out embarrassed for this club.  2 Weeks off and you come out and play like this?  Really...

You don't take one like this at HOME    Somebody on the coaching staff needs to be accountable...   This is WAY past the point where something needs to happen...  

This defense was abysmal 

Drunk Patriot guy in my season ticket holder section laughed us out of the Stadium last night...   And honestly, we deserved it

I'm more than a little chapped about this performance

coaches aren't the ones missing tackles and getting blown off the ball. If that happens it doesn't matter what the coaches draw up the defense is going to struggle.

luck wasn't the one who couldn't tackle and was getting blown off the ball all night. Luck made some mistakes sure, the forced pass to reggie that ended up picked comes to mind, but he was far from the main problem.

I don't know if it's not learning from the past though, Grigson has spent big money in other areas namely the defense, just other than Davis they haven't performed to be frank.

Agree

I am still trying to understand how the coaching staff prepared this team.  The Patriots put up exactly the same stats as the playoff game.  Grigson and Pagano need to get their heads out of their ???  It is time for everyone to buck up and go play.  Even if Bradshaw is lost for the year, use schemes to get Richardson going.  Your quarterback had the most rushing yards.  Get an offensive line that can block.  This has been going for three years now and NOTHING has changed. 

I'm so upset, I don't even know what to do right now. Tired of the same crap year in and year out! We always go down the field and stall, we always get out-coached and for some reason we keep those bums(coaches). Tired of the pre-school pep hamilton nonsense plays. Luck is grown, it's about time we cut the umbilical cord already, sheesh! We never go get play makers. Our kicker is like 1 of the best players on the team. How is it ur kicker is a better playmaker than most the offense? We too cheap to pay, so we will never play...in the big game that is. I dont care about that bum win we're gona get next week. I dont care about anybody on our schedule this year except Eagles, Broncos, Steelers, and Pats. All failed. We stink and it's our coaching. Coaches know things like not handing the ball off to a rb thats gonna lose yards when ur gettin blown out or gettin man-handled. We did the same crap against the Ravens in Luck 1st year. Same crap last year...I dont' understand. Who here doesn't know what's gonna happen when Trent gets the ball? Seriously. Then on top of it u hand off to this guy when we are getting annihilated. Only to punt after his attempts. I think the coaches are just here for a check. .the fans and the wins. They paid, don't matter.We have so many issues it's too many to name here and it's allllllll coaching. Look at the bum teams the Pats always have. Belicheck and Brady refuses to let them lose. They get in the office and make adjustments. Now we have the Qb, we just don't have that type coach. They are holding Lucks' progress up dramatically.....I couldn't believe the plays we were calling all the way into the 4th Quarter. The way those running plays are designed STINK!!!!! The pass plays are barely good. Look, our whole scheme is horrible. It's all on if Luck has a good day or not and he still don't get the green light. That micro manage crap is old school. We need coaches. It begins there. If we didn't have Luck, we would be a 1 or 2 win team. Easy....that's serious man and really something to think about. We have to make moves. Or adjustments...somethin!!! Stop just showing up to work for a check. How is it we only 1 win above the Texans and they have no qb or all types of qbs? How is that? What's the use of gettin Luck if the next best team in the division didn't have to spend so much on their qb and they only 1 win away? This is a disgrace, a waste of Luck and a true embarrassment. I'm glad I found this topic to vent on. Sorry it's so long folks but if ur a true Colt like me, u feel the same or worse. I really hated losing to the Steelers. Those fans man.....annoying.

I completely agree. For the first time fans are not over-reacting. And this is the first time I've made a post about this team being awful. I always support these guys but come on, enoughs enough. I'm starting to worry about our QB. The guy wants to win badly, that's all he cares about is winning. But we are putting a pathetic staff around him and with a patchy team. He just doesn't look happy out there, he looks down. I think him leaving us is something to legitimately be worried about if we don't put a better team around him. He's getting killed out there.

coaches aren't the ones missing tackles and getting blown off the ball. If that happens it doesn't matter what the coaches draw up the defense is going to struggle.

It is up to the coaches to prepare a team and make adjustments as needed to help a team win.  No question it's up to individual players to perform, but this team on this night was not prepared and any adjustments made turned an already struggling bunch of guys into abysmal mess.  I was embarrassed as a fan and I felt sorry for the guys on the field working their butts off, it's time for some real soul searching on this coaching staff.  There is something broken with it

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, November 17, 2014 - obnoxious/trolling & quoting removed post
Hidden by Nadine, November 17, 2014 - obnoxious/trolling & quoting removed post

#COLTSSUCK #PATRIOTSNATION Wow, I pity you sorry butt Colts. Let's see.....After that Week 4 demolition of us, everyone doubted my Patriots. Saying Brady is washed up, Patriots aren't good anymore. Well look at us now. 8-2 ON TOP OF THE AFC. Get on our level. Colts are truly a Super Bowl pretender. They can never win the big games, where it matters. Remember last years AFC divisional round game? A blowout, even when Brady had 0 TD passes. Luck had what, like 4 INTs right? He is the chosen one, but Brady will forever be the master. I find it hilarious how you guys think the Colts are still going to the Super Bowl. You guys are still in the Wild Card, while we are in prime position for AFC's top seed, along with a berth in Arizona this year. Face it, the Colts just SUCK. They can only beat the average teams, and choke on Prime Time like the Bengals. Name one team y'all have beat that was a decent team. You guys talk so much trash about us Patriots, well, we just blown you out 42-20. How does that feel, huh? Last years playoff game was 43-21 I believe, and the year before that, it was 54-20 I THINK. You guys are trash. Just face it. You guys will never get to the Super Bowl, because the Patriots ALWAYS AND WILL own the Colts every, damn time. Have fun splashing around in the wild card round, or maybe get eliminated there. #BelieveInBrady #PatriotsOwnColts #Brady4Rings #GOPATRIOTS

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, November 17, 2014 - obnoxious/trolling & quoting removed post
Hidden by Nadine, November 17, 2014 - obnoxious/trolling & quoting removed post

#COLTSSUCK #PATRIOTSNATION Wow, I pity you sorry butt Colts. Let's see.....After that Week 4 demolition of us, everyone doubted my Patriots. Saying Brady is washed up, Patriots aren't good anymore. Well look at us now. 8-2 ON TOP OF THE AFC. Get on our level. Colts are truly a Super Bowl pretender. They can never win the big games, where it matters. Remember last years AFC divisional round game? A blowout, even when Brady had 0 TD passes. Luck had what, like 4 INTs right? He is the chosen one, but Brady will forever be the master. I find it hilarious how you guys think the Colts are still going to the Super Bowl. You guys are still in the Wild Card, while we are in prime position for AFC's top seed, along with a berth in Arizona this year. Face it, the Colts just SUCK. They can only beat the average teams, and choke on Prime Time like the Bengals. Name one team y'all have beat that was a decent team. You guys talk so much trash about us Patriots, well, we just blown you out 42-20. How does that feel, huh? Last years playoff game was 43-21 I believe, and the year before that, it was 54-20 I THINK. You guys are trash. Just face it. You guys will never get to the Super Bowl, because the Patriots ALWAYS AND WILL own the Colts every, damn time. Have fun splashing around in the wild card round, or maybe get eliminated there. #BelieveInBrady #PatriotsOwnColts #Brady4Rings #GOPATRIOTS

You eat paint chips as a kid?

It is up to the coaches to prepare a team and make adjustments as needed to help a team win.  No question it's up to individual players to perform, but this team on this night was not prepared and any adjustments made turned an already struggling bunch of guys into abysmal mess.  I was embarrassed as a fan and I felt sorry for the guys on the field working their butts off, it's time for some real soul searching on this coaching staff.  There is something broken with it

Unless the coaches can start tackling players and not getting blown off the ball then I am not passing the buck to the coaches for the players not performing basic fundamental things.  Again, if you can't tackle and you are getting blown off the ball there aren't really adjustments the coaches can do. 

Unless the coaches can start tackling players and not getting blown off the ball then I am not passing the buck to the coaches for the players not performing basic fundamental things. Again, if you can't tackle and you are getting blown off the ball there aren't really adjustments the coaches can do.

The staff are the ones that assembled this pathetic defense that has ZERO heart and no toughness about them. It's the coaches job to make sure your team is ready for a primetime home game with playoff seedings on the line. If they're not wrapping up then that's mostly on the players, but it's also on the coaches for not getting that technique buried in their brains. Players gotta go and coaches gotta go. Half of our starters should be role players and nothing more and I blame that on Grigson.

Unless the coaches can start tackling players and not getting blown off the ball then I am not passing the buck to the coaches for the players not performing basic fundamental things. Again, if you can't tackle and you are getting blown off the ball there aren't really adjustments the coaches can do.

I'm really not one to ever be a negative downer either I'm a realist. But enough is enough, they've had more then enough time and I've seen all I need to see. I'll be watching all the games on tv for the rest of the year. That's the last time I'll get humiliated like that on our home field. Completely disgusted with what our staff has put together.