Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Can we all agree we need more Jack Doyle?

1yrdandacloudofdust

I actually do enjoy watching Jack play......however, if he has to be one of our main weapons we are probably in trouble

No one is saying he should be a main weapon, just saying get him more reps. We have endless weapons, just have to give them all reps. We should be having defenses in corner's sucking their thumbs the way we're torching them with the weapons we have

Ehhhhhh...not really. But I will say I think we can agree TRich and AB would rather have Doyle lead blocking than Fleener. He def. outplayed expectations. You know, since nobody expected him to do anything.

I'd take Satele lead blocking over Fleener. Fleener just isn't meant to block at all. He got away with it blocking those small body defenses of the PAC-12 but not here in the NFL

I'd take Satele lead blocking over Fleener. Fleener just isn't meant to block at all. He got away with it blocking those small body defenses of the PAC-12 but not here in the NFL

It just seems like he is scared to take a hit all the time. It's really a shame, he has the build to be a very versatile TE, but unfortunately he suffers from a severe case of vaginitis.

It just seems like he is scared to take a hit all the time. It's really a shame, he has the build to be a very versatile TE, but unfortunately he suffers from a severe case of vaginitis.

I agree less Fleener more Doyle when we go to 2 TE sets but I would rather see TY Hicks Reggie and Allen on the field

Luck needs to stop locking in on Reggie way too many weapons

Doyle was excellent as a lead blocker. Where the heck did this come from? He just out played all the fullback/lead blocking play we've had over the last several years. I noticed quite a bit that they would line him up at the tight end position and Luck would "Kill" the play, Doyle would slide back to fullback. If he can succeed in the passing game as well, it makes him extremely versatile and D has to account for both running and passing while he is on the field.

I got a fever... and the only cure.... is more JACK DOYLE!

I would definitely like to see him get more reps... but that being said, maybe what made him so effective is the fact that he is used sparingly and the Defense doesn't expect him to get the ball much.  He did a heck of a job blocking though so gotta give a fellow Cathedral grad credit!

And to all those others that say no to more Doyle and yes to "Nicks, Moncrief, Allen" etc... I would say how many TDs did either of them catch on Monday?  How about we go with the players making plays and producing rather than just the players because of the name on the backs of their jersies?  Just sayin... you go with who is producing, no matter who that is. 

I got a fever... and the only cure.... is more JACK DOYLE!

I would definitely like to see him get more reps... but that being said, maybe what made him so effective is the fact that he is used sparingly and the Defense doesn't expect him to get the ball much. He did a heck of a job blocking though so gotta give a fellow Cathedral grad credit!

And to all those others that say no to more Doyle and yes to "Nicks, Moncrief, Allen" etc... I would say how many TDs did either of them catch on Monday? How about we go with the players making plays and producing rather than just the players because of the name on the backs of their jersies? Just sayin... you go with who is producing, no matter who that is.

Slow down buddy with all this producing and making plays stuff. He's blocked well and found himself open for a TD. Let's not act like Doyle is out there causing havoc and becoming a matchup nightmare. Secondly, it's not about names on the jerseys. Moncrief hasn't been given the opportunity to make plays but when he has been in he's moved the chains twice n almost broke one of those for TD. Nicks barely gets looked at by Luck. Doyle has done some good things but pump the brakes on crowning Doyle

Need more 3 wr sets. Like I said all offseason and was rudiculed for, Wayne, nicks Ty and Allen is our most talented group. They should be on the field almost every play

I think you're getting confused about all the other times people ridicule you because it's blatantly obvious that Wayne, TY, Nicks, and Allen make up our most talented lineup.

Jack played great...do we need more....no...he played just the right amount. I loved how he hit the whole just right and found the linebacker to block. So many times I see a guy pull through trying to get up the field so fast to block a safety or cb that they miss the trailing lb...he was aware...knew where the defense was and engaged them. Beautiful blocking....take notes fbs/tes. That said I don't want to see him out a bunch in routes etc. A nice little relief valve sure but Allen and Fleener are much better threats in the receiving game and we don't need to limit their touches...if anything we need to increase them. Not sure I want Doyle running after the catch a lot too....made a nifty play but I don't know if I trust his ball security. The Doyle we got was JUST RIGHT.