Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Can we all agree we need more Jack Doyle?

1yrdandacloudofdust

Give the receivers a chance.

I personally hate the empty backfield. You might as well say "hey defense, we're passing the ball!!" I would like to see some 3 wr, 1 te though. If we could do some kind of screens with the 3 wr 2 te set that'd be cool also

I personally hate the empty backfield. You might as well say "hey defense, we're passing the ball!!" I would like to see some 3 wr, 1 te though. If we could do some kind of screens with the 3 wr 2 te set that'd be cool also

Agreed. It would be good for pass protection at times as well. Also, with we well as we were running the ball against the Eagles, it would have kept them really honest.

Gotta laugh at this from clowns that were dismissing him behind Saunders and a bb player.

He is developing nicely and his blocking was SOLID. Allen was sealing his man at a high level also.
The Only reason TRich looked like an NFL RB.

As for more Jack. Yip! Keep using him.
 But we have several weapons that Andrew sucks at using so that is the larger goal.

I can't believe I have waited this long to post this but I was really impressed with Jack Doyle Monday night. I watched him pretty close and I was really impressed with his blocking especially from the traditional fullback type role. He impacted with a  pop and locked on to defenders and moved people to create some good creases.

He also came up with the short touchdown grab which was nice to see but he's doing the dirty work on the line of scrimmage and doing it pretty darn well from what I saw this week.

I can't believe I have waited this long to post this but I was really impressed with Jack Doyle Monday night. I watched him pretty close and I was really impressed with his blocking especially from the traditional fullback type role. He impacted with a  pop and locked on to defenders and moved people to create some good creases.

He also came up with the short touchdown grab which was nice to see but he's doing the dirty work on the line of scrimmage and doing it pretty darn well from what I saw this week.

Gonna merge this with the other Jack Doyle thread. I think you'll find plenty of discussion there right in line with what you're saying.

The guy has one decent game and we are ready to give him a Nick name? lol thats comical. But no Less of Doyle more of Nicks, Allen, and Fleener. Reggie and Hilton get most targets a game.

Well, he did have a better game than Fleener so yeah. I believe that warrants his own thread and week of praise

If he has another good one Sunday, might surpass Da'Rick Rogers on the forums love list

Those same screens that we threw to Hakeem Nicks and went for negative yards?

Yeah..... I'll pass on those

:no:

Wayne, Hilton, Nicks, Moncrief, Allen......

I will say Doyle played great last Monday night, but it's hard to argue anyone saying they'd rather have Doyle over any of the choices above.

Doyle did play a lot better than Fleener last Monday, I'll say that much.

No one's arguing or foolish enough to argue that Doyle should be over out stars

But what should happen is he get more reps/playing time

There should be no reason why we can't distribute the ball to everyone with all the weapons we have. If the saints can do it, why can't we?

Do we not have good enough weapons?

What could we possibly be doing wrong?

Those same screens that we threw to Hakeem Nicks and went for negative yards?

Yeah..... I'll pass on those

:no:

Some of that is on Luck also. His ball placement at time truly sucks. That's the nicest way to put it. He's a good qb, if he plans on being great he needs to work on his ball placement and spreading the ball around. All the greats get everyone involved. Harder to cover people that way cause you don't know where the ball is going.

No one's arguing or foolish enough to argue that Doyle should be over out stars

But what should happen is he get more reps/playing time

There should be no reason why we can't distribute the ball to everyone with all the weapons we have. If the saints can do it, why can't we?

Do we not have good enough weapons?

What could we possibly be doing wrong?

Wait !!! The Saint's are 0-2 also...They need to fire the HC,OC and DC !!!

Well, he did have a better game than Fleener so yeah. I believe that warrants his own thread and week of praise

If he has another good one Sunday, might surpass Da'Rick Rogers on the forums love list

Whoa there buddy don't you know Da Rick is a HOF player well at least to many on this site . ;)

I'll take that over the strong I formation we run, where it says hey defense I'm running the ball.