Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ricky Stanzi

corgi

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Jets lose tonight are we automatically in? I can't remember?

No.

If the Jets lose it will be hard not to make the playoffs, none of the scenarios played out.

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS

Indianapolis clinches a playoff spot with:

1) IND win OR

2) IND tie + CIN loss or tie OR

3) IND tie + PIT loss or tie OR

4) IND tie + BAL win OR

5) NYJ loss or tie + CIN loss OR

6) NYJ loss or tie + BAL win + CIN tie + PIT tie

Nothing official tonight.

If the Jets lose tonight are we automatically in? I can't remember?

The simulators say so.  The printed scenarios do not.  Not exactly sure why.  Someone with enough energy would have to run through all the scenarios step-by-step and do the math.

If I remember correctly, The Indianapolis Colts went into the Meadowlands on October 14 and were humiliated by the New York Jets 35-9.  I also remember Blaine Gabbert beating us on and 80 yard TD.

I do not care if it is Ricky Stanzi, Ricky Ricardo, Ricky Bobby.........or the ghost of Montana's Past.....we better wake up and play in all phases of the game.  We cannot think we are a remotely good football team after the comedy of errors last week.  Film, practice, and 60 minutes of football is needed at one of the toughest venues to play in....in the entire NFL......the place will be rocking....on a very chilly Sunday afternoon.

Yes we had better be ready for Charles.......and the entire Chiefs team....we NEED this game.   :colts:  :colts:  :colts:

If I remember correctly, The Indianapolis Colts went into the Meadowlands on October 14 and were humiliated by the New York Jets 35-9.  I also remember Blaine Gabbert beating us on and 80 yard TD.

I do not care if it is Ricky Stanzi, Ricky Ricardo, Ricky Bobby.........or the ghost of Montana's Past.....we better wake up and play in all phases of the game.  We cannot think we are a remotely good football team after the comedy of errors last week.  Film, practice, and 60 minutes of football is needed at one of the toughest venues to play in....in the entire NFL......the place will be rocking....on a very chilly Sunday afternoon.

Yes we had better be ready for Charles.......and the entire Chiefs team....we NEED this game.   :colts:  :colts:  :colts:

For the record...I'd be terrified if we had to play against Ricky Bobby

I quit reading when it was said he compared to Painter. :funny: Sorry had to say it. :yahoo: Sounds in favor of the Colts for sure. :thmup:

LOL, yes funny to us now.  But, there was a time before Painters senior year at Purdue where he was tlaked about being2nd and even possibly first round talent.  And check this thread at footballs future-

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=233232

Some had him right in the mix with Bradford and Stafford!! :woah:

One guy had him pegged, though -

"At this point I see him as a complete system QB who folds against the better competition every.single. time.

I need to watch him more, but I've never been a fan. I see a 4th rounder who benefits greatly from the spread. For being such a great leader he sure does let his team down in big games. *shrug* "

Can everybody please stop talking about how tough it is to play at Arrowhead? Were not playing the stadium, were not playing the fans, were playing a bad team that has won one game at home all yr., and that was a highly emotional game for them after the murder/suicide. Weather is not going to be a factor, it's suppose to be around 40 degree's and partly sunny. Not exactly intimidating weather and it looks like they are going to be going against a 3rd string QB. You can never overlook an opponent, but come on.

I don't see him being any better or worse than Quinn or Cassell. With Bowe out they're going to have to rely heavily on Charles and Hillis. As for the passing game, they'll be targeting Breaston and Baldwin which is good. McCluster is quick but a strong wind will knock him over (and I think its supposed to be windy). Moeoki may pose a threat but up until this point Crennell has been absolutely clueless as to how to utilize what could be a very good weapon for the Chiefs, so I'm not losing any sleep over him. Overall, I'm looking forward to seeing the Colts clinch their playoff birth in person. 

Stanzi is nothing special. Got to see him first hand once when Iowa played MSU and watched him a few times on TV. Definitely not a world-beater back in college by any stretch of the imagination. He was very up and down. Transfer that to the NFL and my guess is he is in way over his head. I mean he is a 3rd string QB for the CHIEFS after all. Like someone said earlier, if we can't beat a bad KC team then we don't deserve to be in the playoffs. However, I feel pretty good going with the Colts on this one.

Quin actually beat out stanzi for number 2 spot with that being said he must be pretty bad and he runs 4.93 40 so don't think he's a very mobile quarterback. At 6 4 he can prob see field good but as long as we get pressure on him he should look like painter

The simulators say so.  The printed scenarios do not.  Not exactly sure why.  Someone with enough energy would have to run through all the scenarios step-by-step and do the math.

see fjc's post ;)

No.

If the Jets lose it will be hard not to make the playoffs, none of the scenarios played out.

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS

Indianapolis clinches a playoff spot with:

1) IND win OR

2) IND tie + CIN loss or tie OR

3) IND tie + PIT loss or tie OR

4) IND tie + BAL win OR

5) NYJ loss or tie + CIN loss OR

6) NYJ loss or tie + BAL win + CIN tie + PIT tie

Nothing official tonight.