Playoffs2013

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My iPad spell checked it into pt

I attempted to make it 2.0

I still wouldn't have come close to "getting it" even if you'd written 2.0.

Note that there is a thread from yesterday discussing the same topic. http://forums.colts....nt-play-better/

Did you start a thread when the Colts picked up Latarrius Thomas: "Rumor: LT close to signing" :) I think that the name Big Ben is a bit too prominently associated with that guy in Pittsburgh to be casually thrown out there like that. I assumed that Rothlesberger had suffered a second knee injury or something.

Did you start a thread when the Colts picked up Latarrius Thomas: "Rumor: LT close to signing" :) I think that the name Big Ben is a bit too prominently associated with that guy in Pittsburgh to be casually thrown out there like that. I assumed that Rothlesberger had suffered a second knee injury or something.

Note: I'm not the thread creator, but I'd like to share my two cents anyway.

While Ben Roethlisberger is prominently associated with the name "Big Ben", do not forget that this is an official Colts fan forum. While some may not know that Ben Ijalana refers to himself as "The Bigger Ben", a lot of us do know this "official" nickname of his. I do agree that his name should probably have been mentioned. I do however not find it as big a deal as some of you, and it was in no way unclear to me who he was talking about.

Man, Polian can't catch a break drafting O-linemen. It's unfortunate too because I thought he was a better LT than Castonzo. If the reports are true and he hurt himself in a low-contact drill, it might raise questions as to whether or not he was rushed back and didn't fully heal from his injury last year

I wouldn't release Ijalana, still. I'd IR him at this point. We only have three or four inactive players right now, so we're not hurting for roster space. This is why the rosters were expanded to 90 players in the preseason, so that losses like this don't stress your roster. If we need his spot moving forward, then you consider the injured/waive process, hope he makes it through waivers, and then re-sign and IR him, and that opens up the roster spot. But we're in decent shape right now. If we had 7 or 8 players inactive, I'd consider our need for the roster spot.

That said, this does suck for him. At that position, there's no reason an ACL injury has to end his career. He was obviously never really healthy. But he was a second round pick a year ago, a highly rated prospect. He played well in his brief game action. I wouldn't give up on him so quickly.

That is really too bad. I just can't imagine suffering injuries like that back to back and at the very beginning of his career. It makes you wonder if maybe he should just call it quits and move on with his life. Who knows.

I really truly hate this for the big fella! Now we will never know if it was true that they were going to cut him for performance reasons. I felt like he was going to be a good player for us this year. Mentally for him that has got to be devastating! Something like that can take away all of your confidence. Terrell Thomas for the Giants just had the exact same thing happen to him as well.