Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Why did Irsay tweet this

Ohio Colt

I love his touting of 'A.Luck' among other things. Love when he tweets about the team to get the jingoism going for the players and the horseshoe. Just wondering where all this came from out of the blue yesterday. Almost seems like he's trying to convince and there's no need to.

Jim Irsay@JimIrsay

We were sold out last year and we'll be sold out this year,so I'm not sure where the story is..Colts Fans are fanatical and intelligent!

Jim Irsay@JimIrsay

2-14 and a tough transition of injury,age n Cap problems..one relevant question put things in perspective for ColtsFans who understand game

Jim Irsay@JimIrsay

If A Luck was a FreeAgent,29 out of 32 teams,would have been involved n the most unprecedented,frantic pursuit ever scene in modern history

Jim Irsay@JimIrsay

ColtsFans understand the game,realize that the lucky stars aligned 2 give their team a rare chance to start new era that some only dream of!

Are Irsays tweets thought out, or are they more impulsive and spur of the moment?

Sometimes I think he tweets what he does just so he can remember his thoughts later on...

If my mind were that random, I would have trouble remembering anything...

Seems like he's tweeted the same message behind this 4 or 5 times... why yesterday

I think the 'why yesterday' issue is because ESPN was reporting on various shows about the season ticket situation. 3,000 shy, etc. That put the issue in the National Media spotlight. Suddenly, it wasn't a local story anymore. Right or wrong, Irsay felt the need to respond. For whatever that's worth....

NewColtsFan

29/32 teams would have wanted to sign Luck? Who are the three that wouldn't? Carolina? Washington? St. Louis? NY Giants? Maybe the Bengals? Philly? Detroit?

Green bay, New Orleans, Giants, New England, Detroit, St. Louis, Carolina,

I can think of at least 10 teams that wouldn't cut their franchise qb to sign the kid. He should just shut up. I didn't like how he handled the Peyton thing at all but I am willing to move on and support the decision because we don't have a choice but the more he opens his mouth about it and says stuff like that the more I dislike him. Not only that he sounds incredibly dumb with his tweets. His poor grammer and his lame jokes and lyrical puzzles just makes him look very unprofessional. Must be nice to be the owner and do as you please I guess...any other employee of any other company doing this would be written up or fired.

As much as I love the Colts....is almost my distaste for Jim Irsay. The only respect I had for the guy was that people said he is very generous to causes and others but his personality rubs me raw.

Irsay can be a breath of fresh air to me at times. I am digging him more this offseason then I have in some time.

People get so uptight these days and need to loosen up. Stop over analyzing everything.

You can be professional and still have fun too. Our country is slowly trying to suck the soul out of too many people and dull them down.

Are Irsays tweets thought out, or are they more impulsive and spur of the moment?

Sometimes I think he tweets what he does just so he can remember his thoughts later on...

If my mind were that random, I would have trouble remembering anything...

lol I think my mind might be that random at times too. I am lucky I don't have twitter.

I think the 'why yesterday' issue is because ESPN was reporting on various shows about the season ticket situation. 3,000 shy, etc. That put the issue in the National Media spotlight. Suddenly, it wasn't a local story anymore. Right or wrong, Irsay felt the need to respond. For whatever that's worth....

NewColtsFan

Regarding the 3000 tickets shy, is that before or after offering them to those who have been on a waiting list for a couple of years. Makes a big difference.

Regarding the 3000 tickets shy, is that before or after offering them to those who have been on a waiting list for a couple of years. Makes a big difference.

My understanding -- at least, it's how it's been reported -- is the 3,000 figure is **after** going through the waiting list. It's in large part why the story is so surprising. Those on the waiting list are finally offered tickets and they're not buying in large enough numbers to buy-up all the tixt. Who'da thunk that?

That's why they've hired interns to try and sell the final totals. And, on the front of the website now is a story about how an upcoming practice that'll be open to the public. Once the practice is over, you'll be able to pick out your season tickets if you like. Smart move. Still surprising they're such a tough sell right now. One would think they'd be the hottest thing in town.

But, admittedly, I'm very, very biased.

NewColtsFan

I guess I just like my owners to lead with class and dignity and have charisma. Anyways I agree with Bruschi that he just needs to be quiet. He doesn't "Paint the Horseshoe" in such a great light in my opinion.

I can honestly say that I have never seen you post anything positive, what gives?

Personally I love Irsay. I would much rather have an owner who interacts with his fans but knows where his place is. Would you rather have Jerry Jones as the owner? Perhaps Al Davis or his son.

Sorry man I don't mean to put you on blast but man the old saying if you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all should be something you should consider before you post.

I love his touting of 'A.Luck' among other things. Love when he tweets about the team to get the jingoism going for the players and the horseshoe. Just wondering where all this came from out of the blue yesterday. Almost seems like he's trying to convince and there's no need to.

Jim Irsay@JimIrsay

We were sold out last year and we'll be sold out this year,so I'm not sure where the story is..Colts Fans are fanatical and intelligent!

Jim Irsay@JimIrsay

2-14 and a tough transition of injury,age n Cap problems..one relevant question put things in perspective for ColtsFans who understand game

Jim Irsay@JimIrsay

If A Luck was a FreeAgent,29 out of 32 teams,would have been involved n the most unprecedented,frantic pursuit ever scene in modern history

Jim Irsay@JimIrsay

ColtsFans understand the game,realize that the lucky stars aligned 2 give their team a rare chance to start new era that some only dream of!

He was emphasising that he wants to sell the remainging season tickets.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, June 2, 2012 - inappropriate/implying drug use
Hidden by Nadine, June 2, 2012 - inappropriate/implying drug use

Irsay was tweeting and toking again....

I was thinking the same thing, though I think you have the order backwards :cool: