Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2024: Game #8, Colts @ Texans, October 27, 2024, 1 PM ET

NFLfan

Colts @Texans  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Now that the Colts have an over-500 record (4-3), are you playing to win or to develop players?

• You play to win the game!
    • Play the young guys to develop them, even if that results in not making the playoffs.
    • Why not both? (Play young guys and play to win.)
  2. 2. JT is expected back today after being out with injury. Will he break 100 yards rushing?

3. 3. Who wins?

4. 4. Bonus Question: Would you like the Colts to be buyers or sellers before the trade deadline?

• Buyers -- we need to upgrade this team to make a playoff run
    • Sellers -- we need draft capital to continue to build this team
    • Neither -- I like this team as currently constituted.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/27/2024 at 06:14 PM

2 minutes ago, bestQBever said:

If the idea is that we don't care about the season and the priority is getting AR reps, then this is fine. If we are trying to win, Flacco needs to be the QB going forward this season

That idea is a losers mentality that should get people fired! With a chance to tie for the division lead and make a playoff run, you go with the right player(Flacco), and you do that 100x’s out of 100!!!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ADnum1 said:

What a throw by Stroud.

I wish AR could make throws like that

I'm very jealous 

Don’t worry our genius Ballard was loathe to give up draft picks to move up and get his choice of guys and was more interested in staying put and taking the raw project that would take several years to develop so that he would have a built in excuse regarding his job security for the next few years.

• Like 2

Just now, ColtStrong2013 said:

30 seconds left deep in territory with momentum going into half. It’s a bad call my friend. We aren’t defending the throw. You just aren’t being agreeable that it was a bad call. 

It’s literally the only thing he’s good at. We had timeouts. Give your team a chance instead of throwing a terrible ball and hurting them.

First Half Notes:

- Defense has been playing good.  Great pressure.

- Franklin looking over paid this year

- Receivers need to step up.  
- this is probably one of the worst games I’ve seen Shane call

- ar was ok with me until that INT.  You can throw that.  Yeah, Shane is wrong for calling that but AR has to not force it.

• Like 2

Just now, CardiacColts said:

I intend to be patient. The talent is there, the consistency isn’t. The kid is young. We ride or die with him. And if we die, he plays us into his replacement in a year or 2. It is what it is. 

Putting Flacco in traps us in NFL purgatory. Being mid in the NFL is like being the Bears the last 20 years. Always good, never great. Not great draft position. Just stuck… I would rather be a great team, or a terrible team with the draft capital to change the future. 

Like it or not, this is what it is… We need to be patient, settle in, and let the chips fall where they may…

Yeah I am starting to lean towards AR is a bust but I am not jumping on playing Flacco.  He doesn’t help this team get where they ultimately want to be.  He’s a band aide who might get you to playoffs but that’s it and then you are left with a glaring wound with no way to repair it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bluebombers87 said:

Can’t just not go for points cuz your QB is garbage. 

I wanted to go for points on that drive but it was managed pretty badly.  They wasted so much time on the first play that it was probably too late after that.  Then AR makes his worst throw of the season, maybe ever with the team.

2 minutes ago, Dobbinblitz said:

After the Defense balled out Steichen allowed those plays to run from the 5 yard line with just over a minute left I the half. Just confounding.

Steichen is still a play caller and has yet to take on the roll as a head coach. Read the room Shane and adjust to the flow of the game. If Shane doesn't call those throws. There is a good chance the come out of the half with at the most a 3 point deficit. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HungarianColtsFan said:

That INT hurts badly.

I'm starting to question that AR is our future at QB.

I’m with you.  I’ve always been on the AR train.  But I’d be fine with starting Flacco in the 2nd half.

We can’t win games with QB play like this.  His running ability means nothing if he can’t be a competent passer.

He’s having a horrible day.  Get the monkey off his shoulders, let Flacco finish the game, and then reassess.

Just now, SR711 said:

Don’t worry our genius Ballard was loathe to give up draft picks to move up and get his choice of guys and was more interested in staying put and taking the raw project that would take several years to develop so that he would have a built in excuse regarding his job security for the next few years.

To be fair, most “experts” would have chosen Young and he too is a bust.

• Thanks 1

Just now, bluebombers87 said:

It’s literally the only thing he’s good at. We had timeouts. Give your team a chance instead of throwing a terrible ball and hurting them.

give your qb the best chance to get the team in position then. 3rd and 3- run a draw, get the first down and call a timeout. I changed my mind, it wasn’t a bad call, it was AWFUL.

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

Yeah I am starting to lean towards AR is a bust but I am not jumping on playing Flacco.  He doesn’t help this team get where they ultimately want to be.  He’s a band aide who might get you to playoffs but that’s it and then you are left with a glaring wound with no way to repair it.

Exactly. Ride this out for a higher pick or hope AR snaps out of it

• Like 1

The playcalling at the end of the half was bad but the decision making and throw was worse. AR has been absolutely terrible, playcalling or not. Anybody trying to say its all on the HC is blinded by blue colored shades. Put AR on any other team in the league and you would all be saying bust. 

Just now, smittywerb said:

First Half Notes:

- Defense has been playing good.  Great pressure.

- Franklin looking over paid this year

- Receivers need to step up.  
- this is probably one of the worst games I’ve seen Shane call

- ar was ok with me until that INT.  You can throw that.  Yeah, Shane is wrong for calling that but AR has to not force it.

2/15, yes he had some drops but that is not okay that is flat out bad.  Even if the three drops are catches he’s 5/15 with a monster INT (granted on a play that shouldn’t have been called but he has to make better decisions) that’s only a 33% completion % you can’t have that and win in the NFL.

I'm so sick of the "he's just a rookie" argument. 

Dude has had opportunity after opportunity to show that he has made any sort of development. Nothing. He has zero football IQ, and no physical durability. 

This dude has a 13% completion percentage in the first half. 13%. He also has the lowest completion percentage in the league. Absolute disaster of a quarterback. 

You can't even say Steichen is the problem. Flacco has been fine in Steichen's system. Minshew did fine in Steichen's system. Richardson is the anomaly here. Absolute disaster. 

Dude needs to be out of the building tomorrow. 

• Like 1

Just now, ColtStrong2013 said:

give your qb the best chance to get the team in position then. 3rd and 3- run a draw, get the first down and call a timeout. I changed my mind, it wasn’t a bad call, it was AWFUL.

He literally gifted the other team 7 with that throw. Make the completion. Throw it away, check it down. Shane did not call for him to throw a pick. Stop defending garbage play by blaming the call. Bad call, absolutely the worst throw I’ve seen in years.

• Like 1

Just now, BlackTiger said:

I wanted to go for points on that drive but it was managed pretty badly.  They wasted so much time on the first play that it was probably too late after that.  Then AR makes his worst throw of the season, maybe ever with the team.

The INT in the end zone was probably worse.  But that one is up there.

I’ve lost faith that he’s ever going to develop.  He’s not getting better with experience.  He’s getting worse.

3 minutes ago, coltsva said:

Because his camp knew there was a team willing to gamble on him early in the draft. Another year at college and his stock may have plummeted

Lol we tanked too early. Should've kept Ryan 1 more season. And drafted QB this year 😂 oh well

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

AR needs a security blanket

He has one, Downs but he misses an EASY slant to Downs who had beat his guy on 3rd down.

AR has regressed on slants he was hitting last year with Downs and Ogletree.

• Like 1