Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts have the 15th pick in the draft. (MERGE)

2 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

The evidence is there. You Richardson haters just don’t want to admit it.  Colts biggest issue had always been QB. Adding another WR though is always a good thing.

IDK why your so in love with Richardson thinking hes the savior. He has shown little of being the guy and you make comments insinuating hes the next mahomes or something. He has shown flashes of being a good qb yes, but he has been hurt in every games he played and also has been very inaccurate also in every game hes played. Not saying hes going to be good or bad just saying you thinking just cuz we et him back will automatically change things with our WRs and our passing game. W e have to get a Playmaker at WR. Pittman is not a Playmaker, he is a good wr just no a Wr you have to scheme against. We either take Bowers if available or take one of the 3 wrs. if available. There is no "evidence is there" logic here. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Did you predict only nine teams would have their starting QBs at the end of this year too?

idk where you got 9 qbs from but there s a lot more that had there starting QBs at the end of the year lol. They just didnt play them for playoffs or benched them cuz they sucked. 

2 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

The evidence is there. You Richardson haters just don’t want to admit it.  Colts biggest issue had always been QB. Adding another WR though is always a good thing.

You are so sadly mistaken. This isn't about hating AR, it's about hating the WR room... :sip:

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, tweezy32 said:

idk where you got 9 qbs from but there s a lot more that had there starting QBs at the end of the year lol. They just didnt play them for playoffs or benched them cuz they sucked. 

Lol..you must not follow the NFL very closely,so I'll fill ya in. 1/2 of the league have a  different starting QB than their original starter. The vast majority because of injury ,so I guess according to you, there are a lot of QBs made of glass. Lol

2 hours ago, BProland85 said:

LB Edgerrin Cooper is pretty darn good. Would love him in round 3 for Indy. 

The guy is a STUD

He can blitz, he can cover, he rarely misses tackles

He would be a great option in round 2 or 3

2 hours ago, JackWV said:

7 drafts no? Two linemen picked in first round.... I don't see a like.

Ultimately I have no idea what CB will do..... He might take a kicker number 1  😆

However....... He is on record many times saying that he needs to build the team from the inside out

(Meaning the lines)

Its his philosophy, but you would think that he would HAVE to look at WR, CB, DL, LB, C, and FS

for the early rounds of the draft

1 hour ago, tweezy32 said:

IDK why your so in love with Richardson thinking hes the savior. He has shown little of being the guy and you make comments insinuating hes the next mahomes or something. He has shown flashes of being a good qb yes, but he has been hurt in every games he played and also has been very inaccurate also in every game hes played. Not saying hes going to be good or bad just saying you thinking just cuz we et him back will automatically change things with our WRs and our passing game. W e have to get a Playmaker at WR. Pittman is not a Playmaker, he is a good wr just no a Wr you have to scheme against. We either take Bowers if available or take one of the 3 wrs. if available. There is no "evidence is there" logic here. 

No he hasn't. Simply look up his stats. People were saying he would average in the 40s in his completion percentage for the season, but besides the Rams game, he had a  60%+ completion percentage in every other game he was in this year.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Two_pound said:

I like Franklin, but I think he gets pushed out of the way too often and he's not all that good in coverage. But it is very noticeable how much better he is than Olubi, Stuard, and Mcgrone. We could draft 3 linebackers and replace all 3 of them, we are lacking depth.

Franklin was doing a lot of arm tackling near the end of the season. Not wrapping up…..but when he’s on his “A” game he’s pretty darn good.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

if you think Minshew would of been better with better WR your sadly mistaken.

I think it would have helped. Pitt is the only legit receiver we had this year. Downs started out strong but disappeared and the only thing Pierce can do is block and catch the occasional long ball.

27 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

I think it would have helped. Pitt is the only legit receiver we had this year. Downs started out strong but disappeared and the only thing Pierce can do is block and catch the occasional long ball.

Let’s get this straight Gooden was heading to his right toward the sideline, and uncle Rico threw it behind him, which made that a very very difficult catch because he is falling away from the ball. I’m sorry that would’ve been darn your impossible for any of our receivers it was a bad throw like it was all night. He missed Goodson on the 5 yard line flowing 10 feet over his head out of bounds on that first drive. He had no touch on the Mo Allie Cox sideline play. QB had a very bad day when we needs him to only needed to be average. He’s probably 65 or 70% of the reason why we lost that game.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

if you think Minshew would of been better with better WR your sadly mistaken.

Seriously. What are you talking about? :funny:

I never, not once brought up Minshew or AR. I said this team needs a WR1. Who the QB is, is irrelevant. 

I personally have been screaming for a WR1 since Wayne and yet here we still are. Void of one.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

Let’s get this straight Gooden was heading to his right toward the sideline, and uncle Rico threw it behind him, which made that a very very difficult catch because he is falling away from the ball. I’m sorry that would’ve been darn your impossible for any of our receivers it was a bad throw like it was all night. He missed Goodson on the 5 yard line flowing 10 feet over his head out of bounds on that first drive. He had no touch on the Mo Allie Cox sideline play. QB had a very bad day when we needs him to only needed to be average. He’s probably 65 or 70% of the reason why we lost that game.

This is a good example of why Minshew is a backup. If he throws this more towards the outside towards the sideline instead of up field Pierce walks in for a TD.

3 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Lol..you must not follow the NFL very closely,so I'll fill ya in. 1/2 of the league have a  different starting QB than their original starter. The vast majority because of injury ,so I guess according to you, there are a lot of QBs made of glass. Lol

You said only 9 teams would have there starters at the end of the season.. There is more then 9 teams that have there starting qbs at the end of the year. Some got benched but they still had them lol injured is different.

WR, CB or maybe edge if a good one falls to us.

I dont think edge is that big of a need but to get good ones you have to draft them high and you can go years without seeing one on the board.

Our WRs are ok but we need more for that group to really scare opponents.

Our CBs are just guys and we dont have the one to shut down the leagues great players 

5 hours ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Did you predict only nine teams would have their starting QBs at the end of this year too?

1. Patrick Mahomes. 2. Jalen Hurts 3. Josh Allen. 4.Trevor Lawrence. 5.Tua Tagovailoa. 6. Jackson 7. Dak 8. Purdy 9. Stafford 10. Goff 11.Wilson 12. Geno 13. Derek carr 14. Justin fields 15. Ryan Tannehill 16. Mayfield 17. Love 18. Young 19. Stroud 20. Ridder 21. Howell... clearly your the one that doent watch the NFL lol

21 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I think Colts have 3 WR with 1k yard potential as long as Pittman comes back and Richardson stays healthy. Downs was so good with Richardson and they were using him downfield right before he got hurt.

Can you tell me how he was so good with Richardson? 

5 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Thst isn’t fair. Richardson barely played. Also when he hurt his shoulder Shane was just starting  to open up the offense. Even stroud was not good first couple games.  BTW I never said we shouldn’t get another WR. That is always a good thing. I just think the need is over exaggerated. 

Not entirely. I can go back and show you several throws he made to Downs and Pittman to highlight evidence of what things may be like with Richardson healthy. Wasn't the same with Pierce. We didn't even have much of a down field passing game when Richardson was healthy and Pierce had trouble hanging on to his passes.

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

This is a good example of why Minshew is a backup. If he throws this more towards the outside towards the sideline instead of up field Pierce walks in for a TD.

Pierce was open deep a few times but Minshew either didn’t see him or didn’t think he could make the throw. Either way, I’m tired of seeing like two deep shots a season work. 

I think we are gonna get a good player at 15 no matter what. I know it's been said before, but with so many tackles and QBs and so many qb and tackle needy teams there are, these guys are gonna get pushed down to us. 

Odunze, Nabers, and Bowers are the pass catchers that can fall.

Verse, Turner, and Latu would be the DE's. I'm not interested in Chop. If we choose Latu I'd say Paye is gone. They seem the same to me and both belong at RDE.

Newton is my oddball pick at DT but I think he would be a good addition. I know the forum would freak but getting Newton in RD1 and Sweat (NT, Texas) in Rd 2 would give us a scary interior for years to come.

That's 7 players, and one will get pushed down to us due to the 4 qbs and 4 tackles that could go before our pick. There's Harrison too but he will be pushing someone down to us, not making it to us. 

More than likely a DE will be pushed down to us or Bowers. I spoke on Latu. Verse and Turner will need time.

7 hours ago, Solid84 said:

Preach!

I think WR is our biggest need, but if there was an elite LB in this draft and neither Odunze or Nabers were available at 15 I'd take the LB. The way this defense is run with lack of pressure and no blitzing we ABSOLUTELY need LBs who can cover - and our guys can't.

Ideally we go WR in the first, LB in the 2nd and bring a veteran in for CB.

• Like 3

On 1/8/2024 at 1:31 PM, Indeee said:

Seriously. What are you talking about? :funny:

I never, not once brought up Minshew or AR. I said this team needs a WR1. Who the QB is, is irrelevant. 

I personally have been screaming for a WR1 since Wayne and yet here we still are. Void of one.

So Wayne was a "1" in your opinion.   What was TY?  What is Pittman?  

On 1/8/2024 at 1:34 PM, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

The oline failed on that play,  not the qb.

On 1/8/2024 at 12:17 PM, KB said:

I think we are gonna get a good player at 15 no matter what. I know it's been said before, but with so many tackles and QBs and so many qb and tackle needy teams there are, these guys are gonna get pushed down to us. 

Odunze, Nabers, and Bowers are the pass catchers that can fall.

Verse, Turner, and Latu would be the DE's. I'm not interested in Chop. If we choose Latu I'd say Paye is gone. They seem the same to me and both belong at RDE.

Newton is my oddball pick at DT but I think he would be a good addition. I know the forum would freak but getting Newton in RD1 and Sweat (NT, Texas) in Rd 2 would give us a scary interior for years to come.

That's 7 players, and one will get pushed down to us due to the 4 qbs and 4 tackles that could go before our pick. There's Harrison too but he will be pushing someone down to us, not making it to us. 

More than likely a DE will be pushed down to us or Bowers. I spoke on Latu. Verse and Turner will need time.

Good post , I was going to mention those edge players -glad you did. I also agree with you that at 15 , a really good player should "drop" to us. Now that the agony of the "bad throw-dropped pass" is over , I'm thankful for the loss. With needs at edge , wr and cb , we should fill a big need with a top 10 player. This would be very unlikely if we held the pick around 20-21. Also , let's be honest , where were we going with Minshew at QB and add to that injuries to Brents  and (again) Smith ? Plus Taylor was banged up. Painful but productive loss IMO.

• Thanks 1

On 1/7/2024 at 7:14 PM, #12. said:

Yeah, last time we were at 15 we took Hooker.  Wish we still had him.  

Hooker is still only 27.

Injuries are a reality of the game, they change journeys.

Hooker's doing well for Dallas whenever I see them 

On 1/8/2024 at 5:23 PM, atapcl said:

Troy Franklin had 14tds in 2023. Brian Thomas led LSU and the nation with 17 tds in 2023.

Brian Thomas is the burner we need Keon coleman  makes ridiculous  catches ynabers is elite yard after catch guy.

Hello everyone. Long time follower, first time posting in years. I know it's a hot topic, but I think Ballard made it a point to talk about getting more explosive. I know this isn't popular, but Pittman is one of the lowest Wr1 in creating explosive plays. Even though he had 109 catches, he only produced 10 plays of 20 yards or "explosive" plays. In 4 years, he has a total of 35. For perspective, Moore for the Bears had 25 this year with Feilds throwing to him. In fairness, AR should help Pittman some but after 4 years, he is what he is........My point, I don't think Pittman is a lock at all to be back. I would recommend they let him test the market because we are going to have to pay for a WR1 at some point. We have to make sure we aren't overpaying players, and we get AR5 as much help as possible and be smart with the money even though I would like Pittman as a WR2 (money). The Texans have Collins, Woods, Tank and Shultz at TE. We aren't close to those type of weapons on our roster for AR5 as of now....JMO

Collins>Pittman

Woods or Brown>Pierce

Tank>Downs (I love Downs)

Shultz> Whoever

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, DavePSL said:

Hello everyone. Long time follower, first time posting in years. I know it's a hot topic, but I think Ballard made it a point to talk about getting more explosive. I know this isn't popular, but Pittman is one of the lowest Wr1 in creating explosive plays. Even though he had 109 catches, he only produced 10 plays of 20 yards or "explosive" plays. In 4 years, he has a total of 35. For perspective, Moore for the Bears had 25 this year with Feilds throwing to him. In fairness, AR should help Pittman some but after 4 years, he is what he is........My point, I don't think Pittman is a lock at all to be back. I would recommend they let him test the market because we are going to have to pay for a WR1 at some point. We have to make sure we aren't overpaying players, and we get AR5 as much help as possible and be smart with the money even though I would like Pittman as a WR2 (money). The Texans have Collins, Woods, Tank and Shultz at TE. We aren't close to those type of weapons on our roster for AR5 as of now....JMO

Collins>Pittman

Woods or Brown>Pierce

Tank>Downs (I love Downs)

Shultz> Whoever

You don’t have to subtract to get mort explosive. You bring Pittman back. Add in the draft a guy that can be a true 2nd guy. Thst moves piece to 4. That is a pretty good WR group with Pittman, draft, downs , pierce. I don’t know why everyone thinks you have to subtract to get more explosive.

9 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

You don’t have to subtract to get mort explosive. You bring Pittman back. Add in the draft a guy that can be a true 2nd guy. Thst moves piece to 4. That is a pretty good WR group with Pittman, draft, downs , pierce. I don’t know why everyone thinks you have to subtract to get more explosive.

Just to be clear. I'm not saying subtract. What I am saying, is depending on Pittman to be our WR1 and paying him WR1 money is a mistake when his stats after 4 years clearly say he is not a WR1...Also, just because we add a guy doesn't mean problem solved.... I do agree with you that we should draft one if we don't get a proven one through FA, which I would prefer. Remember, Ballard has selected 4 (day 2 draft) wr's and we still don't have a wr1, IMO.

8 minutes ago, DavePSL said:

Just to be clear. I'm not saying subtract. What I am saying, is depending on Pittman to be our WR1 and paying him WR1 money is a mistake when his stats after 4 years clearly say he is not a WR1...Also, just because we add a guy doesn't mean problem solved.... I do agree with you that we should draft one if we don't get a proven one through FA, which I would prefer. Remember, Ballard has selected 4 (day 2 draft) wr's and we still don't have a wr1, IMO.

He isn’t going to get what elite WR are getting. He is a tier below. But that also depends on when those elite guys signed their contracts. WR money has gone up.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, DavePSL said:

There aren't many "number 1" wrs in the league.  They don't fall off of trees

14 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

There aren't many "number 1" wrs in the league.  They don't fall off of trees

I think there are. Jamarr Chase, J. Jefferson, Amon-Ra St. Brown, Tyreek Hill, Diggs, Mike Evans, Deebo, Garrett Wilson, Cooper Kupp, C. Lamb and many more.   It depends what you see as "many".