Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts have the 15th pick in the draft. (MERGE)

7 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

All you have to do is go watch games where he played. It was much more spread out offense with receivers wide open. Take Nico Collin’s as an example. Under 500 yards last two years. Almost trippled it with stroud. Then think about how open jt is going to be with a guy that can throw deep and take off with  the the ball. As long as Richardson is healthy it’s going to be hard to stop.

I just need to see more. Imo he’s still a big question mark. He could pan out or…… we could be looking to draft another qb in a couple years. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Happy2BeHere said:

Draft someone GREAT…that’s all I ask for. Tired of “mediocre” or “great potential” picks. Give me someone who’s solid and proven it through the years of college.

Yes. We need a Great wr imo. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am really hoping Ballard does not go off the rails with RAS scores, and instead drafts highly productive football players whose skill set  translate to the next level.  While RAS is an important consideration it has not necessarily produced impactful difference makers on the field.

Puca Nacua drafted in the 5th round by the Rams is a good  example . His RAS score was 5.17. He had 105 receptions for 1486 yards this past season .

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

Anyone know when Ballard will do his end of season press conference? Will it be soon or will they wait until the actual end of the nfl season?

If he remains consistent, it’ll be this week.  But which day is the mystery.   Tuesday?  Wednesday?   Or Thursday?    

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Richardson being back is going to make all the WR better.

Why?  We don't even know if AR is any good.  We were supposed to find that out this year.

Besides, most GMs would go get weapons to help their young QB.  They don't expect their young QB to make their existing players better. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

I just need to see more. Imo he’s still a big question mark. He could pan out or…… we could be looking to draft another qb in a couple years. 

The only way I see him falling is he gets hurt. JT is going to have a career year in yards but with less carry’s.

4 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Why?  We don't even know if AR is any good.  We were supposed to find that out this year.

Besides, most GMs would go get weapons to help their young QB.  They don't expect their young QB to make their existing players better. 

You can’t see what he did and say that with a straight face 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

The only way I see him falling is he gets hurt. JT is going to have a career year in yards but with less carry’s.

You can’t see what he did and say that with a straight face 

I'm not nuts.   You make stuff up in your head to feel good about the Colts. 

He played 4 games and defenses didn't even have much tape on him.  He showed nothing in the passing game to suggest he is the answer.  I'm not saying he isn't, but saying that we learned in 4 truncated games what we were supposed to learn in a full 17 game season is nuts.

• Like 6

Ballard typically is very good at fixing the obvious issues. It’s clear where that is. What he doesn’t do well is walking and chewing gum at the same time. I don’t see anywhere he could weaken this team this year though. I am confident the secondary will get fixed.

Just now, DougDew said:

I'm not nuts.   You make stuff up in your head to feel good about the Colts. 

He played 4 games and defenses didn't even have much tape on him.  He showed nothing in the passing game to suggest he is the answer.  I'm not saying he isn't, but saying that we learned in 4 truncated games what we were supposed to learn in a full 17 game season is nuts.

You just didn’t want him and can’t open your eyes.

10 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Bull.  Stop making stuff up.  I didn't care who the Colts picked once Stroud was off the board, or if they traded down and deferred the QB pick until this year.

I remember sh-t from 15 years ago, can't you remember stuff from 5 months ago?  Minshew filled in for AR and the passing game got better....remember?  Then Minshew tailed off and went up and down.

How do you know that ARs first 4 games wouldn't have been his best games this season, just about how Minshew looked?

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I saw Anthony Richardson score more against the Texans in 1 quarter this year than I did Gardner Minshew in 7 quarters… 

small sample size we got with AR but it’s not rocket science- he’s going to be much better than what we’ve had. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

1 minute ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

I saw Anthony Richardson score more against the Texans in 1 quarter this year than I did Gardner Minshew in 7 quarters… 

small sample size we got with AR but it’s not rocket science- he’s going to be much better than what we’ve had. 

Yes, he ran the ball too.

The topic at hand was an inference that we don't need to look at WRs with pick 15 because "AR will make our WRs better". 

Nobody can definitively say that with a sane mind.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Minshew filled in for AR and the passing game got better....remember?  Then Minshew tailed off and went up and down.

How do you know that ARs first 4 games wouldn't have been his best games this season, just about how Minshew looked?

I have to disagree.  The passing game didn’t get better, it looked better.  Minshew came in and did his usual checkdown Charlie stuff.  So yes, the completion % and what not looked good, but it didn’t make the passing game better.  He tailed off because teams started to see we weren’t going deep, so they shut down the checkdowns and forced us to adapt.  That’s why our passing offense was so inconsistent, because minshew is inconsistent outside of his checkdowns lol

And if the rams game didn’t make you a believer in AR, then nothing will.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, DougDew said:

The topic at hand was an inference that we don't need to look at WRs with pick 15 because "AR will make our WRs better". 

now this I agree with.  People think just because AR will go deep that means players like Pierce will get better.  I’m 50/50 on that.  One, because all Pierce does is run streaks.  No deep posts or anything else.  2, when Pierce had the opportunity and was actually thrown the ball, it wasn’t always a success for whatever reason.  Regarding Pittman, he doesn’t have the moves or speed to break out deep but if it’s a 50/50 ball I trust Pittman to get it so I see AR making Pittman there.  Downs, that isn’t his game.

we need someone who can go get it at all levels of the field and doesn’t need to depend on a qb to do it.  We actually need the opposite, we need a wr who makes the qb look BETTER.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Ballard typically is very good at fixing the obvious issues. It’s clear where that is. What he doesn’t do well is walking and chewing gum at the same time. I don’t see anywhere he could weaken this team this year though. I am confident the secondary will get fixed.

“Ballard can’t walk and chew gum at the same time”?!?     Huh? 

Can you explain what that is supposed to mean?   

6 minutes ago, smittywerb said:

now this I agree with.  People think just because AR will go deep that means players like Pierce will get better.  I’m 50/50 on that.  One, because all Pierce does is run streaks.  No deep posts or anything else.  2, when Pierce had the opportunity and was actually thrown the ball, it wasn’t always a success for whatever reason.  Regarding Pittman, he doesn’t have the moves or speed to break out deep but if it’s a 50/50 ball I trust Pittman to get it so I see AR making Pittman there.  Downs, that isn’t his game.

we need someone who can go get it at all levels of the field and doesn’t need to depend on a qb to do it.  We actually need the opposite, we need a wr who makes the qb look BETTER.

There is nothing wrong with adding another weapon. All I am saying if you have a CB there and WR graded the same you take the bigger need. I don’t think this WR group is bad it doesn’t needs much upgrading. The QB always the difference maker. With a QB that had a big arm we have 3 WR capable of 1k yards and big plays.

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

“Ballard can’t walk and chew gum at the same time”?!?     Huh? 

Can you explain what that is supposed to mean?   

Yeah it’s pretty easy to explain. It has happened last couple years. He gets hyper focused on fixing a major weakness.  Which he usually does. So that is a good thing.  But while he is doing that another position group is weakened. So strengthens one and weakens an another. Can’t get ahead like that. It’s pretty clear too where it has happened.

• Thanks 1

All I have seen from Richardson is injuries and running. He has had some good throws yes but literally nothing has showed that he will be the answer yet. I predict (hopefully I’m absolutely wrong) him getting hurt next year again. If this happens I’m hoping for a tank and #1 pick for a qb. Never liked a running qb. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I don’t agree nor disagree, because it’s unknown. I don’t see him throwing the ball out of bounds and missing deep ball opportunities like Minshew did last night and so often throughout the season. I think his running threat opens a lot up in the passing game, even just with the ability to get out of the pocket and extend plays. Minshew did that at times, but not near as much as Richardson will. That’s his bread and butter, and the organization knows that. It’s been stated and emphasized. 

I think he could elevate the receiving core. I also think it can be improved by addition, so I go back to my initial statement. I neither agree nor disagree.  

I’ll say this about receiver at 15- I don’t think it’s good enough. Make a splash and trade up big to get one of the top 2 guys. If we’re that serious about it, why not? 

otherwise, best to keep to the process and if that’s receiver at 15 as the best option, by all means. If not, maybe it’s a playmaker in the secondary. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

When Ballard trades back, he believes he’s getting roughly the same level of player that he would have if he stayed where he was.   

No two teams see the draft the same way.  Every team’s Big Board looks totally different, in some cases shockingly so.  

A few years ago, the Patriots took a guard at the bottom of the first round.  Off memory, I think his name was Cole Strange.   The Rams didn’t pick until the bottom of the third round that year.   Late-90’s.   The Rams had Strange on their list of players who might last to them.  

One team saw the player as a late first rounder, while the other saw the same player as a very-late third rounder.   Everyone sees the same thing differently. 

Currently I don’t see the Colts having a top 2 or 3 player in any position. A few positions they are real low. Again need elite players at the most important positions if they are going to compete for championships. 

• Like 1

I think I would like colts to address the secondary in FA. I would like some proven players there. Then I think you can address everything else in the draft.  

13 minutes ago, tweezy32 said:

All I have seen from Richardson is injuries and running. He has had some good throws yes but literally nothing has showed that he will be the answer yet. I predict (hopefully I’m absolutely wrong) him getting hurt next year again. If this happens I’m hoping for a tank and #1 pick for a qb. Never liked a running qb. 

Then you weren’t watching. He litterly had 2 or 3 designed runs a game. 

1 hour ago, Patrick Miller said:

Yes. We need a Great wr imo. 

I hope just for once Ballard is aggressive and trades up..MHJ is a true number 1 and would make our offense lethal.I figure we would have to trade up to atleast the 4th pick with Arizona to get him,would take a lot but imo MHJ is a true playmaker and maybe the best player in this draft.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dobbinblitz said:

18 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Yeah it’s pretty easy to explain. It has happened last couple years. He gets hyper focused on fixing a major weakness.  Which he usually does. So that is a good thing.  But while he is doing that another position group is weakened. So strengthens one and weakens an another. Can’t get ahead like that. It’s pretty clear too where it has happened.

Ballard goes with youth/inexperience in one area almost every year, and it's always his downfall.  Who needs Houston and Autry?  Based on nothing, let's give Pinter and Pryor the RG and LT jobs.  Let’s get rid of Gilmore, McLeod and every bit of experience in the secondary.  It's an annual revolving blind spot.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I think I would like colts to address the secondary in FA. I would like some proven players there. Then I think you can address everything else in the draft.  

Then you weren’t watching. He litterly had 2 or 3 designed runs a game. 

That’s because he has been hurt every game he’s played in. 2 or 3 designed runs okay cool still ran the ball a lot more then that so doesn’t matter about designed runs lol

How feasible would Brock Bowers be? Where do we see him landing? Could 3 receivers be taken ahead of him?

I've said on this forum before I think a top talent at tight end and the same receiving core might be better for the offense than rolling the same sad group of tight ends out and improving the receiving core. They all have to function together. Our tight end group isn't cutting it for me. Alie-cox needs to go. Woods is a bust. I like Granson and Mallory, as depth pieces. I would like to see an elite tight end on this roster. The Patriots won super bowls with a lethal Brady-Gronk combo, the Chiefs win with Mahomes-Kelce. 

• Like 4

We're gonna get a WR, people will cry he isn't our best receiver in his first year, we will hear the year 3 troupe, he does well enough eventually but never lives up to what people see as a first round wide receivers production. Labeled bust. Calling the story line now.

1 hour ago, DougDew said:

You are right Mountain Dew. I can’t stand any post you make on this forum. Your right though, you talk in hyperbole, always taking the weak stance always saying IMO. Who Cares?? You come out to play only when negative times occur. Nelson, Leonard, you hate Ballard and we all know it, your the guy in the family we all go home talking about. The highly non/intellectual know it all. There’s not a topic in life that you don’t think your smarter than we are. Guess what, I laugh at you because I have met hundreds of you. 
I hope I get banned responding to your incessant hatred towards leadership of the Colts. You will have a very small group of cronies that buy your bull. But I’m your Huckleberry Johnny Ringo

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

You are right Mountain Dew. I can’t stand any post you make on this forum. Your right though, you talk in hyperbole, always taking the weak stance always saying IMO. Who Cares?? You come out to play only when negative times occur. Nelson, Leonard, you hate Ballard and we all know it, your the guy in the family we all go home talking about. The highly non/intellectual know it all. There’s not a topic in life that you don’t think your smarter than we are. Guess what, I laugh at you because I have met hundreds of you. 
I hope I get banned responding to your incessant hatred towards leadership of the Colts. You will have a very small group of cronies that buy your bull. But I’m your Huckleberry Johnny Ringo

What starts with an n and ends with an e ?

If Ballard stays firm at 15, we 100% need to get a CB that can actually…cover. If he trades up (yeah right) get Nabers since I highly doubt MHJ will be available. 

If he trades down, well, I think there will be a riot. 

1 hour ago, #12. said:

Ballard goes with youth/inexperience in one area almost every year, and it's always his downfall.  Who needs Houston and Autry?  Based on nothing, let's give Pinter and Pryor the RG and LT jobs.  Let’s get rid of Gilmore, McLeod and every bit of experience in the secondary.  It's an annual revolving blind spot.  

They gave Pinter the RG spot based on how he played filling in for Kelly the year before.  Just about everyone here called for that move too.  In fact we had people this past off-season saying the Colts should let Kelly go and give Pinter the starting center job.  So it wasn’t based on nothing and it was the most the people here wanted too.

He traded Gilmore thinking they would have Rodgers back there at one corner spot but then the gambling thing came to light after the Gilmore trade and after the draft and the main run of free agents so he had little choice but to go with the young guys he had.  As Ballard said in the pre-season how do young guys become vets?  They play.  They knew this was going to be a growing pain season but they did it expecting it to pay off in the future.  What they found is Flowers, Cross, Brents, and Jones can play back there.  They will benefit from the experience this year.  If they keep Moore, who is a vet you conveniently left out when you said they got ride of every bit of experience they had in the secondary that’s a pretty good group to have in place.  If they keep Blackmon and he can stay healthy then you are just looking for some depth guys.  

3 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

If Ballard stays firm at 15, we 100% need to get a CB that can actually…cover. If he trades up (yeah right) get Nabers since I highly doubt MHJ will be available. 

If he trades down, well, I think there will be a riot. 

One mock draft I saw had them taking the Kool Aid CB out of Bama.  He would be a good get if they go that way.

Ballard has traded up before. Just not in the 1st Rd. I think picking 15th puts him in a position to realistically move up if there’s someone he really values available.  He may not. He may hold or trade back.  

The team was solid and added depth but they need to add some dynamic players on both side of the ball. Odunze, Nabors, and Bowers are all dynamic players who would provide upgrades to the offense. I think all three will be gone but if there’s a QB run one could drop far enough for the Colts to consider moving up. 

Overall they need more on defense.  Edge, CB, LB, DT depth.  I think they can get those type of players staying at #15 or trading back. 

Just now, Hawkeyecolt said:

Ballard has traded up before. Just not in the 1st Rd. I think picking 15th puts him in a position to realistically move up if there’s someone he really values available.  He may not. He may hold or trade back.  

The team was solid and added depth but they need to add some dynamic players on both side of the ball. Odunze, Nabors, and Bowers are all dynamic players who would provide upgrades to the offense. I think all three will be gone but if there’s a QB run one could drop far enough for the Colts to consider moving up. 

Overall they need more on defense.  Edge, CB, LB, DT depth.  I think they can get those type of players staying at #15 or trading back. 

Let’s also not forget the combine and pro days will shake up the draft order in terms of kids rising and falling.  It always does.  So it’s a little soon for people to get their hearts set on someone at 15, not that anyone is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

I’ll say this about receiver at 15- I don’t think it’s good enough. Make a splash and trade up big to get one of the top 2 guys. If we’re that serious about it, why not? 

otherwise, best to keep to the process and if that’s receiver at 15 as the best option, by all means. If not, maybe it’s a playmaker in the secondary. 

Idk Jaxon Smith-Njigba went at 20 and Addison dropped to 23, granted this last year there was a late run at WR. Looks like their could be up to 8 teams looking for a QB going into the draft, granted Kirk Cousins, and Wilson may take two teams out. I'm thinking 4-5 QBs go in the first round: Williams, Maye, Daniels and Penix with Bo Nix and/or Ewers going in the 2nd round.

Chicago Bears, 7-9 (From Carolina Panthers, 2-15): (QB) My guess goes Caleb Williams

Washington Commanders, 4-13: Needs a QB

New England Patriots, 4-13: Needs a QB

Arizona Cardinals, 4-13: Marvin Harrison Jr

Los Angeles Chargers, 5-12: Trade back (They are in a terrible place cap-wise and will be looking to add rookies)

New York Giants, 6-11: Needs a QB

Tennessee Titans, 6-11: Needs OL Joe Alt

Atlanta Falcons, 7-10: Needs a QB

Chicago Bears, 7-10: OL/WR/top defensive pick

New York Jets, 7-10: Needs OL (have to protect Rodgers)

Minnesota Vikings, 7-10: QB or OL or defense

Denver Broncos, 8-9: Trading Russell will need a QB

Las Vegas Raiders, 8-9: Will need QB

New Orleans Saints, 9-8: Idk what they will be looking for

Indianapolis Colts, 9-8: US

So I could see Nabers or Odunze falling to us, but I do think if 4 QBs, MHJ, 2-3 OT go we will be in a good position to get a very good player that falls.

1 hour ago, Coltsbluefan said:

I hope just for once Ballard is aggressive and trades up..MHJ is a true number 1 and would make our offense lethal.I figure we would have to trade up to atleast the 4th pick with Arizona to get him,would take a lot but imo MHJ is a true playmaker and maybe the best player in this draft.

Idk if Arizona will be willing to trade out, either they will go MHJ and give Kyler the playmaker he's been missing since hopkins left or they will get him a LT.

33 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

How feasible would Brock Bowers be? Where do we see him landing? Could 3 receivers be taken ahead of him?

I've said on this forum before I think a top talent at tight end and the same receiving core might be better for the offense than rolling the same sad group of tight ends out and improving the receiving core. They all have to function together. Our tight end group isn't cutting it for me. Alie-cox needs to go. Woods is a bust. I like Granson and Mallory, as depth pieces. I would like to see an elite tight end on this roster. The Patriots won super bowls with a lethal Brady-Gronk combo, the Chiefs win with Mahomes-Kelce. 

Now I'm a guy who doesn't think any TE is worth drafting in the 1st round, so take this with a grain of salt but I hope anyone ahead of us takes him because I can't remember the last 1st round TE that amounted to anything and it would help us get a better player.

4 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

Idk Jaxon Smith-Njigba went at 20 and Addison dropped to 23, granted this last year there was a late run at WR. Looks like their could be up to 8 teams looking for a QB going into the draft, granted Kirk Cousins, and Wilson may take two teams out. I'm thinking 4-5 QBs go in the first round: Williams, Maye, Daniels and Penix with Bo Nix and/or Ewers going in the 2nd round.

Chicago Bears, 7-9 (From Carolina Panthers, 2-15): (QB) My guess goes Caleb Williams

Washington Commanders, 4-13: Needs a QB

New England Patriots, 4-13: Needs a QB

Arizona Cardinals, 4-13: Marvin Harrison Jr

Los Angeles Chargers, 5-12: Trade back (They are in a terrible place cap-wise and will be looking to add rookies)

New York Giants, 6-11: Needs a QB

Tennessee Titans, 6-11: Needs OL Joe Alt

Atlanta Falcons, 7-10: Needs a QB

Chicago Bears, 7-10: OL/WR/top defensive pick

New York Jets, 7-10: Needs OL (have to protect Rodgers)

Minnesota Vikings, 7-10: QB or OL or defense

Denver Broncos, 8-9: Trading Russell will need a QB

Las Vegas Raiders, 8-9: Will need QB

New Orleans Saints, 9-8: Idk what they will be looking for

Indianapolis Colts, 9-8: US

So I could see Nabers or Odunze falling to us, but I do think if 4 QBs, MHJ, 2-3 OT go we will be in a good position to get a very good player that falls.

Idk if Arizona will be willing to trade out, either they will go MHJ and give Kyler the playmaker he's been missing since hopkins left or they will get him a LT.

Now I'm a guy who doesn't think any TE is worth drafting in the 1st round, so take this with a grain of salt but I hope anyone ahead of us takes him because I can't remember the last 1st round TE that amounted to anything and it would help us get a better player.

Dallas Clark worked out for the Colts