Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AR to throw?

22 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Nice try.   I never said 4.   Never even came close to four.  I know you don’t like me but you have me confused with someone else you hate.   

My first prediction for the 2023 season a year ago was for 6 wins.  After the draft, I bumped it to 7 wins.   I made multiple posts on both.   

For 2024, I’ve already predicted 9 wins.  I could revise that after we all see what the team does in free agency and the draft. 

Predictions of wins and losses to me is pointless.  Anybody that predicted the Colts to win nine games this year, didn't predict AR to be on IR  week 5.  That was luck.   

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Predictions of wins and losses to me is pointless.  Anybody that predicted the Colts to win nine games this year, didn't predict AR to be on IR  week 5.  That was luck.   

Agreed.  I just do it for fun.  Seems most everyone here does it for fun.  But some  do it because it’s important to them.  They’re serious as a heart attack about it. 

This community is filled with all kinds. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

However… it’s a community. We may not have our senses, but at least we have each other. 😂 

Im coming up on 13 years as a Colts fan.  I wouldn’t spend as much time here on this site if it wasn’t for the community.   

Lots and lots of really good and really smart people.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

On 2/16/2024 at 9:31 PM, NewColtsFan said:

Im coming up on 13 years as a Colts fan.  I wouldn’t spend as much time here on this site if it wasn’t for the community.   

Lots and lots of really good and really smart people.  

OMG ...thank you so much! Nicest thing you've ever said to me.

Saturday Night Live Thank You GIF

Shane got him a QB coach and that is a good thing. The key factor is the intellectual side of playing the position that he has to master. He calls himself Cam Newton, Lamar Jackson and neither impresses me with reading defenses. But before all that is learning when he should and how to use his legs and size. Otherwise, His shelf life will be short.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AustexColt said:

Shane got him a QB coach and that is a good thing. The key factor is the intellectual side of playing the position that he has to master. He calls himself Cam Newton, Lamar Jackson and neither impresses me with reading defenses. But before all that is learning when he should and how to use his legs and size. Otherwise, His shelf life will be short.

I heard a college football coach talking the other day about one of his new recruits. He was talking about how the recruit really knows how to play quarterback, knows what to do in a split second in every situation, and how important that is. It seems obvious, but also seems lost sometimes in all the comparisons of arm talent and other physical abilities. 

20 hours ago, BeanDiasucci said:

I heard a college football coach talking the other day about one of his new recruits. He was talking about how the recruit really knows how to play quarterback, knows what to do in a split second in every situation, and how important that is. It seems obvious, but also seems lost sometimes in all the comparisons of arm talent and other physical abilities. 

We saw a lot of bad QBing in 2023, and I think the common problem among struggling QBs is lack of pocket awareness. It seems like half of the QBs are panicking when their first read isn't open, and they run themselves into trouble. Brock Purdy has good pocket sense, but some of his pocket movement in the Super Bowl was problematic, he stepped into the rush several times, etc. And that's not normal for him.

And the other half are oblivious to pressure, getting blown up by rushers that they should have been aware of at or even before the snap. Watch Minshew against the Ravens, for example. 

So I agree, high level pocket poise and awareness is very valuable for a QB. And it's hard to simulate in practice, so it can be hard for a QB to improve if he's not playing in a progression based system against high level competition. If that college coach has a guy who knows what to do vs pressure, he might have a good one on his hands.

On 2/13/2024 at 1:39 PM, NewColtsFan said:

As you may know, I’m not on Twitter…. So I’m not following your argument.   Shouldn’t Colts Twitter serve as an extension to Colts PR?   Aren’t they doing exactly what they should be doing?   

Trolling other fan bases?   Can you offer up an example?   

Not trying to be argumentative, just trying to understand your viewpoint….  

Well, the trolling part isn't part of the Colts PR. I think they just do that because that's what fanbases do to each on that app.

But regarding Colts PR, Colts Twitter do not critique the team. Instead, they hype up every player and play...similar to what the Colts Twitter account does as well. It's an echo chamber...or another term that is probably not allowed here. Some of them have "sources" which clearly just use them to control narratives and drive hype. 

This is not unlike the local media. But they are a bit more subtle about it. Their access is their livelihood. 

This is just my cynical take on it. I interact with Colts Twitter quite often. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/13/2024 at 12:09 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Sometimes in Football, it is better to be lucky than great. KC was simply lucky yesterday and got the win. 49ers had so many things go wrong for them and they still could have won. If I was 49ers fan, I would be sick to my stomach, if I am a Chiefs fan, I would be breathing a sigh of relief. I remember back in 2006, I felt like we were the best that season but I was breathing a huge sigh of relief when we beat the Pats in that Title Game. We got 3 or 4 big breaks that helped us. Manning was great in the 2nd Half but we got lucky to win that.

They also had a lot of things that went right, and failed to capitalize. They lost because they didn't make the most of the chances they had. 

On 2/13/2024 at 1:39 PM, NewColtsFan said:

As you may know, I’m not on Twitter…. So I’m not following your argument.   Shouldn’t Colts Twitter serve as an extension to Colts PR?   Aren’t they doing exactly what they should be doing?   

Trolling other fan bases?   Can you offer up an example?

when he says colts twitter, he isn’t referring to the colts organization’s account. He’s referring to the accounts that cover the colts pretty much exclusively as their content. Some are individuals, some are specific anonymous colts based accounts. And when he says they troll other fan bases, it’s mostly the titans. lol. The titans fans are pretty bad about it on twitter as well. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
17 hours ago, Superman said:

17 hours ago, Superman said:

I think some twitter doc who follows football said there shouldn't be any loss of strength at all from an injury like AR's. Can't find the tweet though.

Good to see him working to get back on the field though.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

I think some twitter doc who follows football said there shouldn't be any loss of strength at all from an injury like AR's. Can't find the tweet though.

I recall seeing that too

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DattMavis said:

I'll admit, I'm living off the Kool-aid right now. If AR is healthy (and gets back to form), he wins at least one MVP in his career.

At least 1 MVP and at least 2 Super bowls... :P :lombardi:

1 hour ago, stitches said:

At least 1 MVP and at least 2 Super bowls... :P :lombardi:

If AR wins 2 Super Bowls, does he get a statue twice the size of Peyton's? Does the statue size continue to go up exponentially? 🤔

3 hours ago, DattMavis said:

If AR wins 2 Super Bowls, does he get a statue twice the size of Peyton's? Does the statue size continue to go up exponentially? 🤔

He would have to do some incredible stuff to get a statue. Manning turned Indy from a race/basketball state to a football state. He embodied the state perfectly and brought the most winningest decade in NFL history. AR has some huge shoes to fill and I don’t think super bowls alone get him up to a statue next to manning.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, twfish said:

He would have to do some incredible stuff to get a statue. Manning turned Indy from a race/basketball state to a football state. He embodied the state perfectly and brought the most winningest decade in NFL history. AR has some huge shoes to fill and I don’t think super bowls alone get him up to a statue next to manning.

Yeah, but did Manning help stranded motorists on 465? Well, did he? </grin>

13 hours ago, Solid84 said:

Stafford had the same surgery I believe and he had one of the strongest in the NFL for many years.

• Like 1

On 3/30/2024 at 7:04 PM, DattMavis said:

Just put AR's statue where Peyton's statue is and put PM's in the basement. 

I get all the nerves people had after everything with Luck but it’s looking this surgery and rehab is going exactly as planned if not a little better.  

Great to hear and hopefully he keeps building on what we saw last year and stays healthy.

3 minutes ago, CoachLite said:

Maybe we could merge this with the thread "Peyton Manning Throws a Football Off A Skyscraper" and title it "AR to Throw Manning Off a Skyscraper". That would really make the news!

:lol:

Since I can't give you a laugh, you get a like and this response. 

• Like 1

On 2/16/2024 at 4:27 PM, cdgacoltsfan said:

Well...you said the Colts would win 4 games this past season and they won 9 and almost won the division so you were only 5 wins off. :lol: 

I said 10 wins ,so I was 1 off

My early prediction is 10 wins again...I may up that total depending on what we do in free agency and the draft.

Nice prediction last season. My prediction last season which I like very much repeating, and repeating, Lol, was the Colts and Texans would both contend for the Division with about 9 wins. 

.....not bad Haha ..... 

So far for 2024 I haven't made any predictions, but the lack of adding FA talent(which we never do) and the Texans having a good off season kinda raises a red flag. But nothing really different this off season than most others. 

I'll see how the draft goes and if ballard drafts that TE from Ohio St. or a Uber talented WR for AR5 then that should make me more optimistic about '24. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, RollerColt said:

:lol:

Since I can't give you a laugh, you get a like and this response. 

I think taking away the sad and confused emojis is a good thing. Too many got carried away with posters they didn't like. 

But I like to make jokes sometimes and not getting a laugh emoji will now put a dampner on my wannabe Fantasy Standup Comic  career. haha

• Like 1

16 hours ago, CoachLite said:

Maybe we could merge this with the thread "Peyton Manning Throws a Football Off A Skyscraper" and title it "AR to Throw Manning Off a Skyscraper". That would really make the news!

Yes but not until AR5's shoulder fully heals. :funny: