2023 Game #15: Colts @ Falcons, Sunday, December 24th, 1PM EST

NFLfan

Colts @ Falcons  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Colts
    • Falcons
    • The game will end in a tie.
  2. 2. Taylor returns to play after having been injured a few games ago. Does he break 100 yards rushing?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/24/2023 at 09:43 PM

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

Anyone who questions what Pittman means to the offense can be quiet now.

Minshew is not exactly doing anyone any favors. He’s throwing high, even to the TEs right now. Even that awful Pierce drop… bring that one down and it makes the chances he hangs onto it go up significantly. 

• Like 2

The Defense has been meh, but it hasn't been close to as bad as the Offense. We can still win, but the OL in particular needs to figure their % out. The players on the OL seems to lose all composure at the end of the season during important games. It's incredibly * annoying.

• Like 2

Just now, Lancer1 said:

Let's hope so - if you're Shane, do you consider an onside kick to start the 3rd?

Absolutely not. They're almost impossible to recover after the rule change a few years ago.

Just now, Patrick Miller said:

Need to run the ball more. Also need Pierce and downs to be a factor. 

We definitely need the run game to get going more and be more efficient running the ball. We also need to scheme up Downs and the TEs. I'm not sure that I trust AP at this point to shoulder the passing game.

• Like 3

Just now, Shive said:

Absolutely not. They're almost impossible to recover after the rule change a few years ago.

We definitely need the run game to get going more and be more efficient running the ball. We also need to scheme up Downs and the TEs. I'm not sure that I trust AP at this point to shoulder the passing game.

I would bet on Downs to be the bigger playmaker before AP, although ever since that shoulder injury he hasn’t been the same.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

That’s not the point tho. They should smack Atlanta. They just lost the worst team in football. They have a backup QB, a bad OLINE, etc.

Yet, we can’t do anything against them. Our OLINE has played worse today than against Cinci & our defense is acting like they sold out by giving up every underneath pass lol

On any given Sunday, that theory is proven time & time again. The Falcons are a desperate team, playing at home with postseason aspirations & a coach on a very hot seat. They're a wounded animal, and thay makes them very dangerous in this league of parity in which therefore very few if any "super teams". 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Shive said:

What happened to running behind the tackles that worked so well last week?  It’s pretty clear Atlanta is sitting on the hand off up the middle.  Part of being a good coach is realizing when something isn’t working and adjusting.

what do the Colts do?  The way too cute almost picked off attempt at screen…

• Like 1

Just now, Lancer1 said:

On any given Sunday, that theory is proven time & time again. The afalcons are a desperate team, playing at home with postseason aspirations & a coach on a very hot seat. They're a wounded animal, and thay makes them very dangerous in this league of parity in which therefore very few if any "super teams". 

That’s what makes the NFL so much better than the other three big leagues, the parity in this league is incredible. I could see the Falcons losing to the Panthers one week and then using their strong defense to beat the Ravens the next week. The 49ers are clearly the best team in the league, the Panthers are clearly the worst, and then 2-31 are not all that far apart really.

Its pretty obvious to me.  ATL has a much better roster today, but is not as well coached.

Arthur Smith let 40 seconds run off the clock before the 2 minute warning, and then screwed up the last part.   They probably could have driven for a TD with better clock management.

And the Colts O looks bad because ATL simply has better defensive personnel.

• Like 1

Just now, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Every game.. really only works if the dline is pressuring well. Because if they aren't behind the chains we won't stop them. And we haven't been pressuring well today

If the Colts lose that’s why they are getting owned on the line on both sides of the ball.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ChuggaBeer said:

Do you freak outs remember last week?    And how silly you looked once the game was over?    I swear f ya'll put as much passion into something tangible as you do the  Colts game thread.   We'd be all talking with millionaires 

No kidding. There are 3 or 4 of them ( and they know who they are) that only show up and cry when the Colts are getting beat. They are the ones that said they won't get emotionally invested this year. They are laughable.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DougDew said:

Its pretty obvious to me.  ATL has a much better roster today, but is not as well coached.

Arthur Smith let 40 seconds run off the clock before the 2 minute warning, and then screwed up the last part.   They probably could have driven for a TD with better clock management.

And the Colts O looks bad because ATL simply has better defensive personnel.

Atlanta is a competent coach and a real QB away from being NFCS champions. Their defense is legit and they have multiple playmakers on offense.

• Like 1

Just now, w87r said:

Same posters that trash the coaches and over react in the first half, have been the same praising them in the 2nd half....

Or maybe they are just reacting to the way the team is playing.  No one is calling for coaches to be fired so stop with the over reacting nonsense.  The Colts played a pretty poor half of football outside of the opening drive.  Of course people are criticizing it.

• Like 2

First half observations:

freeland needs an offseason in an NFL S&C program to improve.

penalty against speed put him and entire defense on their heels. They already play soft, but got worse after that PF

it wasn’t just the penalties, but when they occur. We gifted them points

Just now, Roosarioo said:

Need a stop or ideally a TO from the D to start the half. Hopefully OL gets their % together and we can establish the run a bit more ti see the game out.

Yep the Falcons are a poor offense and they pretty much had what they wanted vs the Colts defense to this point.  Their QB has gotten away with some dangerous passes.  Time to make him pay for one.

• Like 1